Porting number without losing Sprint account ?

coorsleftfield

I want to port my number to Google voice. I understand this will terminate the Sprint account. Has anyone been successful in getting sprint to re-activate the account with a new number, instead of paying the ETF and starting over with a new plan ? 

I've read user reports with other carriers where they ported their number, and were able to call customer service and get the account re-instated with a new number. 

I want to port my number to Google voice. I understand this will terminate the Sprint account. Has anyone been successful in getting sprint to re-activate the account with a new number, instead of paying the ETF and starting over with a new plan ? 

I've read user reports with other carriers where they ported their number, and were able to call customer service and get the account re-instated with a new number. 

Do you have a particular reason for doing this? Sprint provides Google Voice integration.

Do you have a particular reason for doing this? Sprint provides Google Voice integration.

I've tried the GV integration and it doesn't work well. About every 5th call doesn't go through and I have to re-dial.  Many others have reported this identical problem. I want my Sprint # actually ported to GV.  If that kicks me of Sprint and they won't reactive my account, that is their loss, not mine.