CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

Just wanted to chime in to say congrats on the beta release and keep up the great work, nahum! I know how hard it is to get something like this off the ground, but it's worth the satisfaction you'll get from the positive e-mails.

I'll look into signing up for the beta shortly, wife has an iPhone 5s and I can compare data with my Android devices that I know are showing valid info.. I'm in a very mature market with lots of Sprint and Clearwire sites broadcasting all sorts of LTEness.  :tu:

-Mike

• Like 12

I'm in a very mature market with lots of Sprint and Clearwire sites broadcasting all sorts of LTEness. :tu:

-Mike

Lol you're so blessed lol. I bet you never see 3G

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, how hard was it for you to make this app iPhone 6/6+ compatible? I'm just wondering why, after 5 months, many billion dollar corporations have not even attempted to update their apps for the new screen size. It's getting annoying.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Oh my gosh I was thinking the same thing. It should literally take a second for these developers to update their apps to the new screen size but they're just not doing it. eBay is rittled with bugs and still does have the new screen size. Same with all of the verizon apps. It's ridiculous especially this far after the iPhone 6's release.

Oh my gosh I was thinking the same thing. It should literally take a second for these developers to update their apps to the new screen size but they're just not doing it. eBay is rittled with bugs and still does have the new screen size. Same with all of the verizon apps. It's ridiculous especially this far after the iPhone 6's release.

What irritates me is the banks that haven't done anything with their apps yet. Come on....you have all the money you could possibly need. update your damn app

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity, how hard was it for you to make this app iPhone 6/6+ compatible? I'm just wondering why, after 5 months, many billion dollar corporations have not even attempted to update their apps for the new screen size. It's getting annoying.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I started this with a UI that fits the 6/6+ screen size so it was extremely easy. Some apps have complicated UIs and they're completely redesigning them for the 6/6+, which is why they're taking so long.

Just wanted to chime in to say congrats on the beta release and keep up the great work, nahum! I know how hard it is to get something like this off the ground, but it's worth the satisfaction you'll get from the positive e-mails.

I'll look into signing up for the beta shortly, wife has an iPhone 5s and I can compare data with my Android devices that I know are showing valid info.. I'm in a very mature market with lots of Sprint and Clearwire sites broadcasting all sorts of LTEness. :tu:

-Mike

Thanks for the support! :)
  • Like 3

What irritates me is the banks that haven't done anything with their apps yet. Come on....you have all the money you could possibly need. update your damn app

The Banking apps especially. They could take full access of the Touch ID api for security purposes but no. I've had my iPhone since late December and not once has the Bank of America app updated to take use of anything. Just "Bug Fixes" I swear I hate when they do those kind of updates.

• Like 1

Bank of America waited 15 months after iOS 7 to update their look/feel. There's a ton of reasons why it takes a while to update the UI... Especially if there are custom components and the layout wasn't adaptive to begin with.

Bank of America waited 15 months after iOS 7 to update their look/feel. There's a ton of reasons why it takes a while to update the UI... Especially if there are custom components and the layout wasn't adaptive to begin with.

Maybe they should change the components that they use. 15 months is absolutely unacceptable it should take that long to update a UI. 6 months at most but 15 nah that's just ridiculous.

Maybe they should change the components that they use. 15 months is absolutely unacceptable it should take that long to update a UI. 6 months at most but 15 nah that's just ridiculous.

Bank apps prioritize safety over design, they have to rigorously test every little thing they do to make sure there aren't security flaws being introduced. Which even UI changes can cause.

Source- friends in upper management for US Bank (they like to complain too)

• Like 3

Just wanted to say thanks. I love the beta app. Do you have plans to add the physical cell Id to the app?

Didn't even think of that, good idea. Shouldn't be hard to find as long as it's shown in field test.

Has an issue of Clear 41 missing a "0" been addressed here? If not, here's a screenshot. Sprint 25/26/41 is showing the full GCI

I'm not sure what's going on with the GCI. Right now I'm on B25 and it's showing 7 digits, but I've also noticed it show 7 on B41 (both sprint and clear). I'm just going to look for an alternate source for the GCI.

I'm loving this app! It's so great to have easy access to the LTE band I'm connected to while B41 is making it to more and more towers. Unfortunately jailbreaking isn't an option for me and I'll sorely miss this app when you graduate from deploying on a beta platform to Cydia or the likes. I hope someday Apple allows 3rd party developers access these API's and an app like this can exist in the App Store.

I'm loving this app! It's so great to have easy access to the LTE band I'm connected to while B41 is making it to more and more towers. Unfortunately jailbreaking isn't an option for me and I'll sorely miss this app when you graduate from deploying on a beta platform to Cydia or the likes. I hope someday Apple allows 3rd party developers access these API's and an app like this can exist in the App Store.

In case anyone was wondering, these betas have do an expiration date. They should work fully until late August when my developer account expires. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case anyone was wondering, these betas have do an expiration date. They should work fully until late August when my developer account expires. :)

My developer account expires in June. I'm definitely renewing it tho lol.

I just updated to the new beta. It is working great on my end. My wife and I just had a baby boy, so it has taken me a little while to get caught up.

So far so good! Keep up the great work!

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Congrats!   :clap:

• Like 1

I just updated to the new beta. It is working great on my end. My wife and I just had a baby boy, so it has taken me a little while to get caught up.

Congrats! So exciting!

• Like 2

Congratulations!

• Like 2

Congrats!

• Like 1

I was looking at 1x stats in my basement and comparing to field test and I noticed my phone will jump to extended at -95 RSSI as indicated on the app, and at -105 RSSI on field test. Is it possible the 1x reading is off by 10?

Congrats! :clap:

Congrats! So exciting!

Congratulations!

Congrats!

Thank you guys!

We literally just got home from the hospital! Both momma and baby are perfectly healthy.

This is our first, so it's very surreal and 110% awesome!

Sorry for derailing this thread. ;)

• Like 5

Thank you guys!

We literally just got home from the hospital! Both momma and baby are perfectly healthy.

This is our first, so it's very surreal and 110% awesome!

Sorry for derailing this thread. ;)

People are thinking it, but I'll ask it: did you see band 26 on the CellularInfo screen while your wife was in labor? Hospitals are notorious cellular dead zones. :) congrats on the baby.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 4

People are thinking it, but I'll ask it: did you see band 26 on the CellularInfo screen while your wife was in labor? Hospitals are notorious cellular dead zones. :) congrats on the baby.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Clear B41 the WHOLE time on both the G3 and iPhone 6+. B26 is optimized in most of my market (Jax), but in a lot of areas, it isn't needed.

Baptist Hospital in downtown Jax is blanketed by strong Clear B41 as well as complete and optimized NV sites (I live three blocks from the hospital on the St. Johns River). Downtown Jax is an impressive showing for Sprint.

I had B41 even in the elevators.

Thanks, BTW!!

• Like 6