CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

This is puzzling. No error message in the device console but CellularInfo isn't getting any info either. I'll continue trying to figure it out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is puzzling. No error message in the device console but CellularInfo isn't getting any info either. I'll continue trying to figure it out tomorrow.

I see its going to rain this weekend in Baltimore - perfect time for you to spend on Xcode figuring this out [emoji1]

I see its going to rain this weekend in Baltimore - perfect time for you to spend on Xcode figuring this out [emoji1]

I contacted planetbeing (developer of Signal and Signal 2) to see if he has any advice, no response so far. His app is broken on 8.3 too.

I contacted planetbeing (developer of Signal and Signal 2) to see if he has any advice, no response so far. His app is broken on 8.3 too.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on that. He hasn't updated that app since iOS 6.  :(

-Anthony

Some good news. planetbeing never replied, but I've gotten CellularInfo to work on my own on jailbroken 8.4 with some fake code signing and entitlement magic. The app is working perfectly. I can't say the same for the widget though. iOS (even jailbroken) doesn't seem to accept the unsigned widget executable. I tried signing it with my developer certificate but I can't include the necessary app entitlement while legitimately signing the app. I'll look into it more, but for now I'll try to get it on a repo in the next week or so.

• Like 14

Did you get the widget working?

Sent from my iPhone 6

Unfortunately no, iOS refuses to load it. Just wanted to get something up before I went away.

Rushed and threw this up on myrepospace because I'm about to go away for a bit and won't have access to my computer for a while. 

Add this repo: http://cydia.myrepospace.com/cellularinfo/

It should be the only package available.

I can't add this repo for some reason. Keeps timing out. 

Looks like myrepospace got hacked. That's unfortunate. I'll get my own repo up on Github Pages as soon as I get home. Sorry. I see that about 15 of you guys have been able to download it though.

• Like 1

Looks like myrepospace got hacked. That's unfortunate. I'll get my own repo up on Github Pages as soon as I get home. Sorry. I see that about 15 of you guys have been able to download it though.

I was able to get it eventually and it is working for me now. Looking forward to future updates and I'm really happy this started working again unexpectedly!

Update - removed the app via cydia. Rebooted. Went back to cydia and reinstalled the package. Rebooted.

When iOS came back up, I saw a pretty new orange CellularInfo icon. :) Works fine now!

• Like 1

Update - removed the app via cydia. Rebooted. Went back to cydia and reinstalled the package. Rebooted.

When iOS came back up, I saw a pretty new orange CellularInfo icon. :) Works fine now!

I was just looking into what could have happened. No idea where that white screen came from- sounds like a very old version of the app. Anyway, glad to hear it's working now!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on this buddy? Missing the widget dearly. lol.

Is it possible to create logs of the information (similar to how SCP does it with androids?).

I'm missing it too. I just have so little time to work on it. Soon;)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...