CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

I have a question for you guys, since I am not able to install the app (trapped in iOS 8.1 where all my jailbreak attempts failed and now if I move to iOS 9 there is no also jb there).

Is the cellularInfo app retrieving information about the currently used frequency bands oby the iPhone?

Thanks!

Bumped

Hopefully we get jb and can get this going on our new phones....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should work once a jailbreak is released.

I'm asking if the current Frequency band, which is used by iPhone, is provided by the CellularInfo app.

Thanks.

Yes, it does.

• Like 2

I want in the beta for ios9, whenever that is.

iOS 9.1 beta 3 is available to the public as of about a week ago.

iOS 9.1 beta 3 is available to the public as of about a week ago.

I think he meant the CellularInfo beta for iOS 9. ;)

I want in the beta for ios9, whenever that is.

But to answer your question... CellularInfo is a jailbreak-only app and will be from now on. Apple restricted access to the information it uses and the only way the new restrictions can be bypassed is by packaging it as a jailbreak app. So once an iOS 9 jailbreak is released, you will be able to download and use CellularInfo on iOS 9. No beta required.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the app on the iOS 9 jailbreak. App seems to work, but the widget layout settings are scrambled.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444992844.440994.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

I didn't see any point in fixing that until I get the Notification Center widget itself fixed.

I had this same issue on IOS 8.4.1.

Does the Notification center widget actually work on ios9?

It does not, and I have absolutely no idea how to make it work. It's not as easy as it was before because of the new entitlement that I need to add on both the app AND the widget, and I'm not sure how to do that. It's also not helping that I have very little time to work on it.

Any chance I could get in on the beta aswell? Would be willing to test new builds on iOS 9.

Any beta will be uploaded directly to the nahum365.github.io, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to working on it.

• Like 2

I didn't see any point in fixing that until I get the Notification Center widget itself fixed.

It does not, and I have absolutely no idea how to make it work. It's not as easy as it was before because of the new entitlement that I need to add on both the app AND the widget, and I'm not sure how to do that. It's also not helping that I have very little time to work on it.

Any beta will be uploaded directly to the nahum365.github.io, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to working on it.

Great, I'll add the repo and pop back if a new build goes up with results.

Just wanted to say thanks again for this app.

Even with the NC widget not working, it is awfully damn nice to be able to click on the cellularinfo icon and see what I'm connected to.  :)

Jailbroke on 9.0.2 here.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this app. I use it on my T-Mobile iPhone 6s Plus to tell what band I'm on all the time. Is there any way to donate to keep development alive?

Anywhere to donate to help support app development?

Sent using Tapatalk

I'm not really accepting donations because I'm unsure of when I'll actually have time to work on this.

• Like 2

The NC widget is, admittedly, my most missed feature as well. Super happy that the app itself still works though - I'm just lazy and wish I could see it in the NC. :)

I miss it as well. I had this tweak that could display NC widgets on the lock screen- that was amazing.

If they actually release a 9.3 jailbreak I'll try to get back into it.

• Like 1

I still haven't upgraded my iPhone 5s to all the subsequent iOS updates so I can keep CellularInfo operating. To me, the number one most important thing I do with my devices is monitor the network.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1