CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

Still working on it. The un-sandboxed (jailbreak) portions of it are proving to be harder than I thought they would be. Buuuut because I'm extremely busy right now, I'm willing to distribute it to individual devices. Basically just the Notification Center widget, no fancy features without root access. Anyone that wants to try it can just PM me their email and I'll get you set up.

But it does still require a jail broken device, right?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

But it does still require a jail broken device, right?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Actually it doesn't require a jailbreak. The jailbreak features (which aren't complete anyway) are just disabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it doesn't require a jailbreak. The jailbreak features (which aren't complete anyway) are just disabled.

So, how do I get in on this?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

"You're all set for now. As soon as a new build is ready for your device we'll send you an email letting you know.

The developer needs to add this devices UDID to a build."

:tu::tu:

I'm just trying to get as many people included in this build as possible because to add new people I have to upload a new build. I'll upload soon.

• Like 1

I'm just trying to get as many people included in this build as possible because to add new people I have to upload a new build. I'll upload soon.

I did PM you to be included in the next build.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

"You're all set for now. As soon as a new build is ready for your device we'll send you an email letting you know.

The developer needs to add this devices UDID to a build."

:tu::tu:

I got the same thing about the UDID too. I wonder if crashlytics sends that info once we install the profile?

I got the same thing about the UDID too. I wonder if crashlytics sends that info once we install the profile?

It does, I have to register them in my account before making a build that includes them.

It does, I have to register them in my account before making a build that includes them.

Ah, ok. That makes sense. I had a developer account back in 2009, and I'm sure things are far more advanced than they were then.

• Like 1

Yay!!!  :D

Oh how I have missed this data.  Thank you.  :tu:

Edit:  It is kinda neat to see just how infrequently and often times inaccurate the dBm levels are in the status bar provided by Apple in lieu of the dots.  I love being able to select the data refresh times.  Good call on 2 seconds - seems appropriate. 

• Like 3

Alright uploaded the first build. Everyone that's included should've gotten another email, use that to download it. The icon is a work in progress sorry  :P

Oh, and for those of you who don't know, you can access the notification center widget by opening NC, pressing the "Edit" button at the bottom of the "Today" tab, and adding CellularInfo to your enabled widgets.

Also, just found out about this: anyone who I haven't added to the list can use this link to add yourself. From there I'll get a notification to add you to my developer account and then you'll be given access. Much easier on my side.

https://betas.to/vvkvE5F5

• Like 7

Very cool! Does the Notification Center widget refresh itself or is that only when I reswipe it down?

I assume the Show LTE Band is a jailbreak-only option?

Im not jail broken and I can see t!

This is awesome

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 1

Yay!!!  :D

Oh how I have missed this data.  Thank you.  :tu:

Edit:  It is kinda neat to see just how infrequently and often times inaccurate the dBm levels are in the status bar provided by Apple in lieu of the dots.  I love being able to select the data refresh times.  Good call on 2 seconds - seems appropriate. 

I don't trust my dBm levels for EVDO/eHRPD. It calculates them itself because the OS doesn't give a hard dBm value. LTE is exact though.

This app confirms what I have been thinking all along.  I can pretty much never get my phone to cycle from B25 to B26 without first going to 3G.  Hopefully a fix is in the works with a future OS update.

My phone does that all the time, might be an issue with your phone in particular.

Very cool!  Does the Notification Center widget refresh itself or is that only when I reswipe it down?

I assume the Show LTE Band is a jailbreak-only option? 

There's a "Refresh Time" setting in the app, the widget uses that. It's 2 seconds by default. I'm working to have it refresh whenever the baseband reports new data.

Show LTE Band is jailbreak only, and it's proving to be a hard feature to implement. I'll see if I can get it done.

Im not jail broken and I can see t!

This is awesome

The code for that feature isn't enabled, no way is that working for you. You can see "B25", "B26", or "B41" in your status bar instead of just "LTE"?

Does this distinguish between sprint b41 and clear b41? I forget if you managed to work that out.

Anyways! This is awesome. Thank you!

It's supposed to, but I've never seen it say Sprint B41 yet. Maybe one of you will.

ALSO: I don't believe the LTE bandwidth is reported correctly. I'm probably just interpreting the value from the baseband incorrectly.

• Like 1