Sprint Super Bowl Coverage/DAS

You must always think "average consumer" when speaking of technology. Those extra 3 clicks are a hassle to most when they can just pull their phone out of their pocket and fire off a Facebook status on LTE. I don't trust most public wifi. I'll use it for basic things, but once I have to login anywhere, the toggle goes off, and back to LTE I go.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 5

You need to photoshop Marcelo's face over this... What a grin. Put a T-Mobile logo and Legere's face over that other guy.

What, that other guy meaning Robert Kraft?  I don't think so  :P Belichick + Brady + Kraft = Four Superbowl Wins

• Like 1

Alright, people, cut out the Super Bowl celebration posts.  This is the coverage/DAS thread.  If you want to talk Gisele uploading pics of Tom after the game and how she was using AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, VZW, or Wi-Fi, that is fine.  But many find both the Patriots and the Seahawks to be nauseating.  So, take any gloating to a general thread.  Here, it is off topic.

AJ

• Like 5

Did T-Mobile have any COWS there?

Was Kim Kardashian there?  She was at least in a Super Bowl TV commercial.  Does that count?

Oh, snap!

:P

AJ

• Like 5

Are we off topic again?

If we are talking COWS -- as directly quoted in RedSpark's post -- then Kim Kardashian is relevant.  But if we are talking COWs -- aka Cells On Wheels -- then, no, Kim Kardashian does not apply.

;)

AJ

• Like 5

If we are talking COWS -- as directly quoted in RedSpark's post -- then Kim Kardashian is relevant. But if we are talking COWs -- aka Cells On Wheels -- then, no, Kim Kardashian does not apply.

;)

AJ

I enjoy looking and taking about both sets of COWS/COWs...
  • Like 2

Here are the numbers from AT&T: http://www.mobilesportsreport.com/2015/02/att-sets-new-das-traffic-records-for-super-bowl-with-1-7-terabyte-mark/

"In a blog post from AT&T senior executive vice president John Donovan AT&T said it saw 696 gigabytes of wireless data used on its in-stadium DAS Sunday night, with an additional 1 TB used in and around the stadium in the surrounding parking lots and the Westgate entertainment district, a mall/restaurant complex that is connected to the UoP stadium area. The 1.7 TB mark surpasses the 1.4 TB DAS mark AT&T saw at the recent College Football Playoff championship game in Arlington, Texas, on Jan. 12."

AT&T Blog Post: http://about.att.com/innovationblog/2215biggamesetssingl

"Since 2011 – inclusive of the last five Big Games – the total data usage on AT&T’s in-stadium network has increased from 177GB to 696GB and peak hour data usage has increased from 30GB to 125GB"

Hope Sprint shares its numbers soon...

The magenta colored CEO put a post on Twitter showing magenta first, sprint a far last for average speed. Conveniently, he didn't mention how his users are probably throttled except when using speed test. Nice way to skew the facts for the uninformed.

• Like 1

The magenta colored CEO put a post on Twitter showing magenta first, sprint a far last for average speed. Conveniently, he didn't mention how his users are probably throttled except when using speed test. Nice way to skew the facts for the uninformed.

That pic shows capacity of network. Nothing misleading about that. If you were to stream video you'd get it at the speeds shown on the bar graph.

Sprint got shortchanged on the DAS which lacked Band 41. This also wasn't an officially launched Spark market.... Hopefully the showing in Santa Clara, CA for the next Super Bowl is even better.

Regardless it's a massive increase in performance for everyone. More competition is good.

Compared to last year...

\

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/02/att-blows-out-verizon-and-sprint-in-super-bowl-data-speeds/

The article said they used Galaxy S3 devices.  I wonder if they used a triband Sprint GS3?

The article said they used Galaxy S3 devices.  I wonder if they used a triband Sprint GS3?

The Stadium DAS didn't have Band 41 so it wouldn't have mattered as far as that.