HTC One M9 Rumor Thread

Ascertion

Newbie clarification, please: higher dB numbers are better in terms of sensitivity?

It's possible I'm mistaken, but the dB numbers show the output power of the various bands since that is what the FCC is concerned with. Reception is not tested, but in the past S4GRU analysis has shown that better performing handsets (stronger OET) have also had better reception.

• Like 1

If what the AndroidandMe website says is true, then this new "Uh Oh Protection" about to be unveiled today at the "Uh Oh" event is very nice.

Ándale, ándale, mama, E.I., E.I., uh oh!

AJ

• Like 1

That's true but what I'm thinking is that the next One device will be far less of an incremental upgrade than this one. (In terms of design at least.)  Also, I don't want to buy the M9 and then 6 months later a better version of my phone comes out. If it were a year later then I'd definitely buy it.

I don't think there will be a better version till next year.

I found this quite helpful in the midst of all the drama:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/one-m9/general/htc-m9-screenshots-photos-bit-personal-t3059862

Lots of techie screenshots in one of his attachments.  I'm curious what some of you make of them.

Some of the camera samples looks pretty good while other still look somewhat questionable but overall definitely better than the m8 in my opinion.  Just a few more weeks to go, can't wait.

The embargo has been lifted, so the reviews are coming in:

Android Central, phone arena, verge

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5

Yes, I downgraded. :-D

Reviews look great to me, other than the camera still lagging behind Samsung and other makers.

Waiting to see some better comparisons between the m9 and the s6 as far as battery life and reception. Having the N5 currently, almost any camera will be an upgrade, lol.

I honestly do not see myself, getting the HTC m9. the display metrics alone are quite disappointing. Anandtech review says everything that I noticed from the m7 to the M8 about the screen and something that I noticed when looking at my one max compared to the M8! HTC doesn't get it for me this time around. Plus the 810 is bad! One more upgrade cycle and a fully opimitizd sprint network for the 820! Hey!

Well based on all the reviews I have read the m9 is basically one of the fastest performing phones you can get right now with the only thing lacking is the camera.........yet again.  So basically its like the m7 and the m8.  I am not 100% sure what I am going to do.  Out of all my lines I currently only have one upgrade and that will be going towards the s6 edge, not sure if I will be able to justify spending $600+ on the m9 if things don't get better.  I may just have to cheap out and get one off of ebay in a month or two.  I am just hoping that these issues are exclusive to the international versions since those are the ones currently being reviewed and not carrier specific variants.

I think we still have to remember that all of these reviews, I believe, are on unlocked international versions that are not the shipping US hardware.

Not 15 minutes ago, there was a tweet from an overseas user that the unlocked international version just got a 350 mg over-the-air firmware update. Personally I am not putting a lot of confidence in these reviews until I know it is on a shipping US version.

I think we still have to remember that all of these reviews, I believe, are on unlocked international versions that are not the shipping US hardware.

Not 15 minutes ago, there was a tweet from an overseas user that the unlocked international version just got a 350 mg over-the-air firmware update. Personally I am not putting a lot of confidence in these reviews until I know it is on a shipping US version.

True, but a US version likely won't have any change to the disappointing display and camera.

Yeah, Anandtech has given it a rather scathing review imo. I was disappointed when first saw it and specs and now the more I learn the more I don't want it. Anandtech review says initially they want to say the M8 is better, but need further testing with the new software/firmware update that came out Friday.

True, but a US version likely won't have any change to the disappointing display and camera.

Disappointing display? Not sure what you're referring to.

Clearly there is a large firmware update that hit international units today. The camera software / post processing absolutely could be improved in that update as other international users have already discussed.

• Like 1

Disappointing display? Not sure what you're referring to.

Clearly there is a large firmware update that hit international units today. The camera software / post processing absolutely could be improved in that update as other international users have already discussed.

Check some of the reviews, like Android Central. The colors leave much to be desired.
  • Like 1

Check some of the reviews, like Android Central. The colors leave much to be desired.

After a few mins, your eyes will adjust. Bigger issue is with polarization when wearing polarized sunglasses. M8 has to be held horizontally to be visible.

Curios how battery tests will change after the update.

After a few mins, your eyes will adjust. Bigger issue is with polarization when wearing polarized sunglasses. M8 has to be held horizontally to be visible.

The N5 is opposite so I found out, have to hold it upright with polarized lenses.

The blueish and greenish hue shouldn't exist on a $600 device. My eyes shouldn't need to "adjust".

The blueish and greenish hue shouldn't exist on a $600 device. My eyes shouldn't need to "adjust".

But your eyes always adjust. You can't fight nature. You're not running Photoshop on the phone, and I find it silly to worry about a screen that few people could declare inferior if they were just pick up the phone in a store.

But your eyes always adjust. You can't fight nature. You're not running Photoshop on the phone, and I find it silly to worry about a screen that few people could declare inferior if they were just pick up the phone in a store.

So you find it silly that the color not being true bothers me.

But you made a big deal about polarization?

So you find it silly that the color not being true bothers me.

But you made a big deal about polarization?

My point was that if you have never read any review on M9, then walked into a Sprint Store that had M9 on display, describing a screen "inferior" is not something you'd notice.