HTC One M9 Rumor Thread

Ascertion

This is what I do.  I find it to be more reliable that Sprint's voice network.

Two main downsides of google voice:

no call waiting

no 3-way calling

Overall, it has been a great solution for me.  I couldn't be happier.

For me, the big downside of GV is no HD Voice.

Usually I find myself having a hangouts voice call if it isn't a landline, so it ends up being HD-ish (definitely as good as Sprint's HD).  When calling landlines, I find the google voice to be superior to sprint non-HD voice.

I can't wait for VoLTE to take over.

This is what I do. I find it to be more reliable that Sprint's voice network.

Two main downsides of google voice:

no call waiting

no 3-way calling

Overall, it has been a great solution for me. I couldn't be happier.

I used to do the same thing. It works very well, but in my area LTE coverage outside the city is nonexistent for the most part.

The lack of HD voice is disappointing for me being integrated, but the advantages far outweigh that IMO. Hopefully Google will be able to support HD voice at some point.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just ordered by gunmetal gray from Sprint (thru HTC's web site, which re-directed me to sprint.com).  Unfortunately, the usual mail-in rebate crap for $50, but will eventually be $199.99 as contract upgrade.

*tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock . . . *

Just ordered by gunmetal gray from Sprint (thru HTC's web site, which re-directed me to sprint.com). Unfortunately, the usual mail-in rebate crap for $50, but will eventually be $199.99 as contract upgrade.

Mine was $199.99 from the get go. YAY business plans!!

Just ordered by gunmetal gray from Sprint (thru HTC's web site, which re-directed me to sprint.com).  Unfortunately, the usual mail-in rebate crap for $50, but will eventually be $199.99 as contract upgrade.

Best of luck to you brave souls! I can't wait to hear of your experiences.

My line is eligible for annual upgrade through Easy Pay on April 1st, so depending on what I see and here between now and then, I could either make a decision or keep waiting. 

Also, should this thread still be called the "M9 Rumor Thread" if the phone is announced? Not really a rumor at this point anymore. Bring on the HTC One M9 User Thread!  :tu:

Also, should this thread still be called the "M9 Rumor Thread" if the phone is announced? Not really a rumor at this point anymore. Bring on the HTC One M9 User Thread!  :tu:

In due time.  An HTC One M9 in the hand is worth two on order.

AJ

• Like 1

As soon as you guys get your phones please post some picture samples if you don't mind.

As soon as you guys get your phones please post some picture samples if you don't mind.

And signal strength......please

##DEBUG#

If you do anything else first, you are not worthy.

AJ

• Like 4

And signal strength......please

Personally I feel pretty confident about the signal strength so I am not too worried about that but a comparison definitely be helpful.

• Like 1

My signal strength info will suck, 'cause I'm in nTelos-land. Yeah, I know, it's almost a waste to have such a nice phone here.

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5

Yes, I downgraded. :-D

I guess the silence in this thread a day before launch is somewhat representative of many folks reaction to the device as a whole...

Yeah, even though the overall reaction may not be as good as previous devices I really believe that htc will at least sell more m9's than m8's so that should count for something.  Gonna wait a few weeks and see what kind deal I can find on one since I already used my upgrade on the edge.

I think I found an undocumented feature. Both were updating at the same time.

Simultaneous reception is not the same thing as simultaneous transmission.

AJ

Hmmm.... But no GCI reported? Bummer.

Typically it works fine. From what I've seen it appears to show both only after switching technology on its own. If I airplane mode it to switch then it only displays Lte like it should. I was seeing the same thing in the engineering screens so Mike might have fun trying to figure out how to display the one it's actually connected to.

I think I found an undocumented feature. Both were updating at the same time.

It happens on the 2014 Moto X, too.  It is a glitch.

2qbyxyo.png

I am not trying to be gruff with you.  But too many wishful thinkers will take your screenshot to mean that SVLTE is making a comeback.

AJ

I am not trying to be gruff with you. But too many wishful thinkers will take your screenshot to mean that SVLTE is making a comeback.

AJ

It would be nice if SVLTE came back but I knew that wasn't the case. I only lurk the threads that pertain to me and don't recall seeing that in the Signal Check thread so I thought it was new.