HTC One M9 Rumor Thread

Ascertion

I found some pictures of the HTC One M9 or what they think it's going to look like. It looks pretty legit and I think it's beautiful [emoji7]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b10wacze6ps0zua/Photo%20Feb%2005%2C%2012%2004%2005%20AM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05vqvm22gjmzpbf/Photo%20Feb%2006%2C%203%2059%2037%20AM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjj709qhd4o4lqf/Photo%20Feb%2004%2C%2010%2038%2040%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

Meh, I like the this version better http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m9-leaked-image-offers-peek-two-new-htc-flagships

are they doing away with the front facing speakers? or is it just hard to tell where they are from those renders? front facing speakers would be one of the main reasons i would get an HTC phone..... that and if they do a max thats close to a 6" screen.

• Like 1

are they doing away with the front facing speakers? or is it just hard to tell where they are from those renders? front facing speakers would be one of the main reasons i would get an HTC phone..... that and if they do a max thats close to a 6" screen.

There's no way they're removing the boomsound speakers. They're likely reducing their size, though.

Sent from my M8

• Like 2

Those photos don't contradict what we're seeing in these images at all. In fact, they look pretty much the same. We still haven't seemed what the confirmed front of the device looks like. the only front photos we've seen are of the decoy device which had the M8 front.

The boomsound speakers are there. they simply did what they did with the Nexus 9 and moved them toward the edge of the screen and instead of making a giant grill, they opted for small slits at either end of the screen. As a result HTC is not able to make the whole front of the phone a single glass panel much like the iPhone is. That means phone will feel even more high quality than before.

• Like 1

Those photos don't contradict what we're seeing in these images at all. In fact, they look pretty much the same. We still haven't seemed what the confirmed front of the device looks like. the only front photos we've seen are of the decoy device which had the M8 front.

True, but too me it doesn't look like it would fit the design that I posted to. Front is more sleek then back. We'll see when its announced.

I have a hard time distinguishing the M7, M8 and new supposed M9. It's like the GS3, GS4 and GS5. Come on, HTC. Move the goal posts a little further in design.

• Like 1

I have a hard time distinguishing the M7, M8 and new supposed M9. It's like the GS3, GS4 and GS5. Come on, HTC. Move the goal posts a little further in design.

Lol then you must not be paying attention Robert ;)  I can tell them apart instantly. You can't compare that to the Galaxy S3-5, those were more like iPhones 4-5S  :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey but at least htc had a kick ass design to begin with where as samsung's design language is just boring.

• Like 3

No, no, no, Robert, the visible difference between the M7 and M8 is huge.

It is like the massive difference between the upright and reclined positions on an airliner coach seat.  Upright, uncomfortable.  Reclined, comfortable.  Upright during landing, live.  Reclined during landing, die.

;)

AJ

http://www.phonearena.com/news/More-tiny-details-about-the-HTC-One-M9-tipped-camera-aperture-CPU-clock-speed_id66304

Camera sensor may not be a sony exmor after all, as it turns out it may be a toshiba sensor instead which isn't exactly a bad thing.

I'm very confused, by these leaks that say these are the rendered official versions when it goes against the other sources that claim that the one m8 looking units are just demos and not the official release design.

I'm very confused, by these leaks that say these are the rendered official versions when it goes against the other sources that claim that the one m8 looking units are just demos and not the official release design.

Evleaks has had the best Design leak so far but most of others point to it looking almost exactly like an M8. Samsung appears to be changing their design a bit so we'll see how they really look on March 1st.

Sent from my M8

Evleaks has had the best Design leak so far but most of others point to it looking almost exactly like an M8. Samsung appears to be changing their design a bit so we'll see how they really look on March 1st.

Sent from my M8

I'm all for being surprised in regard to design so if we haven't seen it yet I'm good with that! I just hope that the Snapdragon 810 doesn't have issues as the Korean market G flex 2 seems to have and performance and fluidity.

Well htc did a hell of a job hiding what the m7 looked like because I don't think anyone had any idea until it was officially revealed. The m8 on the other hand leaked horribly so I really believe that htc changed things around this year to prevent leaks as much as possible.

Well htc did a hell of a job hiding what the m7 looked like because I don't think anyone had any idea until it was officially revealed. The m8 on the other hand leaked horribly so I really believe that htc changed things around this year to prevent leaks as much as possible.

I hope you're right.  There's rumors going around that the M9 will look identicle to the M8.  

I hope you're right.  There's rumors going around that the M9 will look identicle to the M8.  

With all the buzz and hoopla htc been creating over the last few weeks, if the m9 turns out to be damn near identical to the m8 then they would definitely be shooting themselves in the foot big time.

• Like 1

I wouldn't look too much into it. These "official" renders are pulled from a german website and are probably just placeholder images.

If you go to Spigen's website, they have a VERY different representation of what the M9 looks like in their product pre-order pages.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/htc/htc-one-m9.html

So I've officially stopped looking into the design of the M9 and I'm just gonna patiently wait for Sunday morning.

• Like 1

I wouldn't look too much into it. These "official" renders are pulled from a german website and are probably just placeholder images.

If you go to Spigen's website, they have a VERY different representation of what the M9 looks like in their product pre-order pages.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/htc/htc-one-m9.html

So I've officially stopped looking into the design of the M9 and I'm just gonna patiently wait for Sunday morning.

I saw that yesterday, and those are the renderings I liked the most, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Although I'm not up for a replacement phone until November anyway.  :(