HTC One M9 Rumor Thread

Ascertion

it looks like a blend of the m7 and M 8 it's a nice update hopefully they fix any of the rough edges, if it's not going to be such an extreme departure design wise.I know recognize its gunmetal front with a silver back hence the black antenna lines. Like that contrast!

Looks like the same device pictured in a couple of the above links but, from a different angle.  Looks pretty damn good to me in these photos. 

http://qbking77.com/news/new-htc-one-m9/

In my opinion it basically looks exactly like the m8.  With the m7 to the m8 there was way more that changed but from the m8 to the m9 hardly anything has changed.  Many are also speculating that this is just a fake m8 case so they don't have the real look of the m9 leaked.  HTC did do something similar with the m7 before that got released. Buf if this is the final design then I really hope sense 7 and that new camera module turns out to be beast, if not then I may be getting something else other than htc this year.  I wonder if there is anything to the m9 plus rumor?

• Like 1

In my opinion it basically looks exactly like the m8. With the m7 to the m8 there was way more that changed but from the m8 to the m9 hardly anything has changed. Many are also speculating that this is just a fake m8 case so they don't have the real look of the m9 leaked. HTC did do something similar with the m7 before that got released. Buf if this is the final design then I really hope sense 7 and that new camera module turns out to be beast, if not then I may be getting something else other than htc this year. I wonder if there is anything to the m9 plus rumor?

I really like HTC but with the GS6 around the corner and maybe Sony Z4, I'm going to wait it out and see what the options are. Although I'll probably really miss boomsound.

Sent from my M8

• Like 1

In my opinion it basically looks exactly like the m8.  With the m7 to the m8 there was way more that changed but from the m8 to the m9 hardly anything has changed.  Many are also speculating that this is just a fake m8 case so they don't have the real look of the m9 leaked.  HTC did do something similar with the m7 before that got released. Buf if this is the final design then I really hope sense 7 and that new camera module turns out to be beast, if not then I may be getting something else other than htc this year.  I wonder if there is anything to the m9 plus rumor?

Good question.  Although they've had a couple flagships I've not been impressed with, I've been an HTC fan for years and they are always high on my list of phones to consider. But based on what I'm seeing, I will look closely at the LG G4.  I think LG has made the biggest strides the last couple years... I hope they don't run out of gas.  Unfortunately, I think Samsung has gotten pretty stale in their last couple renditions. As Ascertion mentioned, a high end Sony device would be sweet to throw in this years Sprint lineup. 

Good question.  Although they've had a couple flagships I've not been impressed with, I've been an HTC fan for years and they are always high on my list of phones to consider. But based on what I'm seeing, I will look closely at the LG G4.  I think LG has made the biggest strides the last couple years... I hope they don't run out of gas.  Unfortunately, I think Samsung has gotten pretty stale in their last couple renditions. As Ascertion mentioned, a high end Sony device would be sweet to throw in this years Sprint lineup. 

Yeah, I am curious about the g4 as well.  Every time I have bought a samsung, I couldn't deal with touchwiz more than a few days then ended up returning the device.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I am curious about the g4 as well.  Every time I have bought a samsung, I couldn't deal with touchwiz more than a few days then ended up returning the device.

Amen! I don't know why Samsung can't stick with a stockish skin.

Just saying HTC Source just revealed that the devices in the photos that we've seen so far are real but they aren't the actual device. Rather, they are decoy test units. It's likely that they have the software and most of the hardware but it's not the actual device. It's rumored that the device is supposed to look more similar to the Desire 826 with its front facing camera being in the middle vs the corner of the phone. The phone is supposed to have BoomSound still and an edge to edge screen. All in all, we've been conned by these latest leaks.

http://htcsource.com/2015/01/exclusive-htc-one-m9hima-design-details-will-distinguish-it-from-the-htc-one-m8/

I have nothing against the design I have seen so far. But if it is better I wouldn't complain. I'm more concerned if there are actual issues with the snapdragon 810. I hope its just run or but that seems to keep popping up as manufacturing issue on Qualcomms part.

Just saying HTC Source just revealed that the devices in the photos that we've seen so far are real but they aren't the actual device. Rather, they are decoy test units. It's likely that they have the software and most of the hardware but it's not the actual device. It's rumored that the device is supposed to look more similar to the Desire 826 with its front facing camera being in the middle vs the corner of the phone. The phone is supposed to have BoomSound still and an edge to edge screen. All in all, we've been conned by these latest leaks.

http://htcsource.com/2015/01/exclusive-htc-one-m9hima-design-details-will-distinguish-it-from-the-htc-one-m8/

Yeah, assuming its actually true rather than being another rumor talking about how another rumor is wrong.

• Like 1

Yeah, assuming its actually true rather than being another rumor talking about how another rumor is wrong.

I mean they did the same thing with the M7, remember? They released a mockup of a fake device as well as a physical model of it and it turned out the actual phone looked almost completely different.

I mean they did the same thing with the M7, remember? They released a mockup of a fake device as well as a physical model of it and it turned out the actual phone looked almost completely different.

Yes, I do remember but honestly I will keep telling myself otherwise because I simply don't want to get my hopes up.  It does make a lot of sense though, especially how the m8 got leaked countless times last year.

• Like 1

Question, how reliable are these guys anyway.  I have  heard of them before but I never really followed them too closely at all.

Question, how reliable are these guys anyway.  I have  heard of them before but I never really followed them too closely at all.

HTC Source has been pretty reliable in the past. They are a trusted new source for HTC information and have been for some time now.

• Like 1

If HTC improves the rear camera, I'll be buying this phone day one. I always loved the Mx series design language, and the boomsound speakers were awesome. 

Yeah, its basically confirmed that it will have the 20.7mp imx220(hoping it comes with the 230 though) sony sensor in it.  If htc can work their magic on the camera software then I think we will definitely have a winner no doubt.

• Like 1

Evleaks has come out for one last leak.http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/androidcentral/~3/73u9c4eI94U/story01.htm

The reg and ultra versions...

Some recent rumors have sounded like the larger "plus" version comes out somewhat later this year. Not sure I could wait that long to see if it's too big for me. I'd rather replace my M7 sooner! :-D

Sent from my Tapatalk 4.9.5 :-D

I don't know how I feel about that large fingerprint scanner on the front though why couldn't have been on the back like the one max? That really is only thing that messes up the design aesthetic for me. But can't really tell until you see a live device! But the reg hima m9 is sexy. Side power button and full glass front. Yes please!

I don't know how I feel about that large fingerprint scanner on the front though why couldn't have been on the back like the one max? That really is only thing that messes up the design aesthetic for me. But can't really tell until you see a live device! But the reg hima m9 is sexy. Side power button and full glass front. Yes please!

You don't want it in the back... Its the bane of my existence... I drive alot and once its in my car mount the finger print sensor become inaccessible, requiring typing in a password instead argh!

I haven't purchased an HTC phone since that terrible evo 3d I bought. I'm really considering buying the m9 if it's a nice rf performer and good battery life. It'll be between the s6 and m9 as I probably won't buy another LG device

I found some pictures of the HTC One M9 or what they think it's going to look like. It looks pretty legit and I think it's beautiful [emoji7]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b10wacze6ps0zua/Photo%20Feb%2005%2C%2012%2004%2005%20AM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05vqvm22gjmzpbf/Photo%20Feb%2006%2C%203%2059%2037%20AM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjj709qhd4o4lqf/Photo%20Feb%2004%2C%2010%2038%2040%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1