HTC One M9 Rumor Thread

Ascertion

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/analysis-of-new-htc-flagship-the-htc-hima/

losing ultrapixel gimmick would be nice too...my daughter's old GS3 takes better concert pics than my M7 (and imagine it would be same with the M8 since the sensors are similar).

Hoping the latest rumor that has it coming to CES is true.

Don't hold your breath, htc don't really show flagships at ces. My guess would be that its related to a smartwatch.

I love that they're sticking with a 5" 1080p display. I'm hoping they have time to upgrade the RAM though before it's announced. With many of the new phones (Zenfone 2 confirmed, G4 & S6 rumored) moving on up to 4GB, I'd hate to see the M9 be left a step behind.

Why is that much RAM necessary though. 2-3GB is still more than sufficient.

Chrome tabs.. lots and lots of Chrome tabs. It'd be nice not to have S4gru maps constantly reload when I return to them after a minute or two from using another app or tab.

2GB is apparently not sufficient to guarantee smooth operation for how much multitasking I do on my phone, and 3GB seems like an irregular half-step up that would also not quite be enough.

I think the hardware priorities of the phone industry are a bit off.. I'd take a phone with a quad-core CPU & 8GB of RAM over an 8-core CPU with 4GB of RAM any day.

Maybe it's just me then. I've never had more than 10 tabs open at once and when I do it's in the moment. Once I'm done I close all tabs anyway. However I have gone on my grandmother's phone and seen her have upwards of 20 tabs simply because she never closes them.

Maybe it's just me then. I've never had more than 10 tabs open at once and when I do it's in the moment. Once I'm done I close all tabs anyway. However I have gone on my grandmother's phone and seen her have upwards of 20 tabs simply because she never closes them.

Sounds like me. Sometimes I keep tabs open because they are frequently used password protected websites tat will keep me logged in as long as the tab stays open.

Chrome tabs.. lots and lots of Chrome tabs. It'd be nice not to have S4gru maps constantly reload when I return to them after a minute or two from using another app or tab.

2GB is apparently not sufficient to guarantee smooth operation for how much multitasking I do on my phone, and 3GB seems like an irregular half-step up that would also not quite be enough.

I think the hardware properties of the phone industry are a bit off.. I'd take a phone with a quad-core CPU & 8GB of RAM over an 8-core CPU with 4GB of RAM any day.

Well you are obviously not the average smartphone user, if 2gb or 3gb isn't enough for you then you will find a reason why 4gb of ram won't be enough for you.  The m8 with 2gb of ram, being out for almost a year now, is still one of the fastest and most responsive smartphones you can purchase today.  Also due to to cpu limitations there was no way to get a phone with so much ram anyway. With the newer 64bit chips coming out you might just get your wish in a few years.

• Like 1

Well you are obviously not the average smartphone user, if 2gb or 3gb isn't enough for you then you will find a reason why 4gb of ram won't be enough for you.  The m8 with 2gb of ram, being out for almost a year now, is still one of the fastest and most responsive smartphones you can purchase today.  Also due to to cpu limitations there was no way to get a phone with so much ram anyway. With the newer 64bit chips coming out you might just get your wish in a few years.

The Snapdragon 810 is supposed to have 1600 Mhz LPDDR4 RAM on board which is definitely a nice upgrade from the 933MHz LPDDR3 that was in the M8. So on top of them doubling the memory bandwidth, an additional GB will be a very nice upgrade performance wise coupled with the faster and more efficient CPU and the much faster Adreno 430. Honestly this chip is gonna be a beast compared to the 801 we are running now.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/801

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/810

• Like 1

The Snapdragon 810 is supposed to have 1600 Mhz LPDDR4 RAM on board which is definitely a nice upgrade from the 933MHz LPDDR3 that was in the M8. So on top of them doubling the memory bandwidth, an additional GB will be a very nice upgrade performance wise coupled with the faster and more efficient CPU and the much faster Adreno 430. Honestly this chip is gonna be a beast compared to the 801 we are running now.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/801

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/810

Yeah, I am very familiar with s810, it's just that there are those few that will never be satisfied. 

Yeah, I am very familiar with s810, it's just that there are those few that will never be satisfied.

It's not fair to say that I would "never be satisfied." I'll be satisfied when I can switch between all my running apps and tabs without them having to reload so frequently. If 4GB DDR4-1600 + improvements to Android's memory management in Lollipop prove to be enough, then great!

It's not fair to say that I would "never be satisfied." I'll be satisfied when I can switch between all my running apps and tabs without them having to reload so frequently. If 4GB DDR4-1600 + improvements to Android's memory management in Lollipop prove to be enough, then great!

LOL, actually that statement wasn't directed at you specifically even though my previous statement was.  

If HTC keeps up their ridiculous memory management for sense roms, more ram won't help that from happening.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

If HTC keeps up their ridiculous memory management for sense roms, more ram won't help that from happening.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

What was the last htc device you owned?

• Like 2

What was the last htc device you owned?

M7, and recently a m8 Harmon kardon edition. Before that, an evo LTE. I haven't used the m7 since about February and passed it on to my sister, I got the m8 when sprint initially offered the 15/month via easy pay deal and have since passed it on to my dad.

M7, and recently a m8 Harmon kardon edition. Before that, an evo LTE. I haven't used the m7 since about February and passed it on to my sister, I got the m8 when sprint initially offered the 15/month via easy pay deal and have since passed it on to my dad.

Oh ok because how sense on the evo dealt with ram is different than now it is now.  Multitasking has improved substantially on the newer models.

My next upgrade is available on March 1st, i'm praying for a Miracle that the rumor of the M9 Max is true and they announce that alongside of the M9 on March 1st.... praying hard indeed! lol (I'm a phablet fan, otherwise i'm stuck deciding between Nexus 6 or Note4)

ugh, HTC why do you have to wait so long to announce! i would be interested to see what HTC has to offer, especially if they come out with a new MAX version, but with my easy pay unlimited framily yearly upgrade coming up the first of February if the Flex 2 comes out before the new HTC phone i don't know if i'll want to wait on it instead of just getting the Flex 2..... the longer i wait to upgrade past the year the more it feels like i'm wasting money then ;)

ugh, HTC why do you have to wait so long to announce! i would be interested to see what HTC has to offer, especially if they come out with a new MAX version, but with my easy pay unlimited framily yearly upgrade coming up the first of February if the Flex 2 comes out before the new HTC phone i don't know if i'll want to wait on it instead of just getting the Flex 2..... the longer i wait to upgrade past the year the more it feels like i'm wasting money then ;)

From what I'm hearing, it'll be released the same time it's announced which is nice.

Sent from my M8

• Like 1

From what I'm hearing, it'll be released the same time it's announced which is nice.

Sent from my M8

well that won't be too bad i guess, assuming the flex 2 gets released in February and the M9 in march.

well that won't be too bad i guess, assuming the flex 2 gets released in February and the M9 in march.

I'm awaiting the M9 or Hima.  Looks to be solid device and it also looks like my only gripe (power button location) has been fixed.  I hope it comes out March because I would love a new toy!  Although my One M8 is new, my dad really needs a new phone and he's fine with hand me downs. 

My next upgrade is available on March 1st, i'm praying for a Miracle that the rumor of the M9 Max is true and they announce that alongside of the M9 on March 1st.... praying hard indeed! lol (I'm a phablet fan, otherwise i'm stuck deciding between Nexus 6 or Note4)

OMG... My miracle may come true... I need to pray even harder!

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-M9-Plus-leaks-out-5.5-QHD-screen-Snapdragon-810-Duo-Camera-and-finger-scanner_id65113

This looks legit http://phandroid.com/2015/01/22/new-htc-one-m9-pictures/

Power button to the side biggest necessary upgrade.

Updated with a back pic. Don't like the silver and black combo. Seeing we didn't get the silver white like vzw would prefer that combo.http://phandroid.com/2015/01/22/htc-one-m9-hima-back/