HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

Actually $550 sounds good to me. Wasn't the Rezound like $799 or something crazy?

I've got to buy the EVO 4G LTE off contract so $550 isn't sounding too bad.

That's one heck of a subsidy now then as the Rezound is selling for $50, LOL. I guess nobody cares about a phone where the ONLY feature they advertised was the headphones. Never mind that it had the fastest clocked processor and was a really nice all around phone and the radios have fared better than the RAZR radios which everyone seems to fall all over themselves about.

I'm glad people are getting excited about the HTC One/EVO LTE. People have been pretty blah about HTC lately and its good to see some hype building.

$550 is a screaming deal. The original EVO was more than that when it first went for sale. Wasn't it like $649 on opening day? And then started coming down from there? $550 is tempting to buy off contract.

Robert

• Like 2

$550 is a screaming deal. The original EVO was more than that when it first went for sale. Wasn't it like $649 on opening day? And then started coming down from there? $550 is tempting to buy off contract.

Robert

I think the evo 4g was priced at $499 off contract at sprint stores. Probably a lot more at bestbuy and other similar retailers though.

Off contract price is $549.

This would have been my guess so I am not that surprised at the price but like a few others have said, I think I will just buy two of them off contract and be done with it. I can't wait.

I think the evo 4g was priced at $499 off contract at sprint stores. Probably a lot more at bestbuy and other similar retailers though.

On opening day? The on-contract price for the EVO was $349 back on June 4, 2010, with a $50 rebate. I know. I paid it. I also asked what the off-contract price was, and it wasn't only $100 more. I would have paid it. It was in the ballpark of $650. But I can't remember exactly.

Robert

On opening day? The on-contract price for the EVO was $349 back on June 4, 2010, with a $50 rebate. I know. I paid it. I also asked what the off-contract price was, and it wasn't only $100 more. I would have paid it. It was in the ballpark of $650. But I can't remember exactly.

Robert

Come on Robert, LOL. You feeling ok today? When the evo 4g came out it was $199 on a two year contract, the full retail was either $449.99 or $499.99. Of course other retailers price their full retail price higher than sprint but definitely $199 on a two year contract where ever you went. I bought two of them on that day as well, I even camped out for a few hours in front of my store. By the time the store opened I was number 7 in a line of about 50 people.

• Like 1

Robert

you got robbed then...2yr on the EVO was 200. got it the day it came out same as the 3D...

Come on Robert, LOL. You feeling ok today? When the evo 4g came out it was $199 on a two year contract, the full retail was either $449.99 or $499.99. Of course other retailers price their full retail price higher than sprint but definitely $199 on a two year contract where ever you went. I bought two of them on that day as well, I even camped out for a few hours in front of my store. By the time the store opened I was number 7 in a line of about 50 people.

I didn't buy at a corporate store. It was on opening day. I found this article: http://www.pcmag.com...,2363973,00.asp

It says initial pricing was $299 with $100 rebate. I paid $349 with a $50 rebate. So I probably overpaid not going to a corporate store. However, I didn't care at that time. I wanted that phone! I bet I can still find my receipts. I keep everything.

Robert

you got robbed then...2yr on the EVO was 200. got it the day it came out same as the 3D...

I wasn't robbed. Stores were running out of the EVO back then. It was hot. I got what I paid for. Instant gratification.

Robert

I wasn't robbed. Stores were running out of the EVO back then. It was hot. I got what I paid for. Instant gratification.

Robert

meanwhile while i couldn't find a store that had it in stock i walked right into my local walmart which was stock full of them. lol

hehe

meanwhile while i couldn't find a store that had it in stock i walked right into my local walmart which was stock full of them. lol

hehe

Our Walmart didn't have a wireless sales center until last summer.

Robert

I didn't buy at a corporate store. It was on opening day. I found this article: http://www.pcmag.com...,2363973,00.asp

It says initial pricing was $299 with $100 rebate. I paid $349 with a $50 rebate. So I probably overpaid not going to a corporate store. However, I didn't care at that time. I wanted that phone! I bet I can still find my receipts. I keep everything.

Robert

I had to find my receipts as well, LOL. Retailers like bestbuy and radioshack where selling them for $199 plus tax on a new two year contract(no mail in rebate needed), sprint stores were selling them for $299 less the mail in rebate of $100 for a net price of $199 after receiving the rebate. I am still pretty certain though that the sprint corporate stores retail price was under $500 for sure.

This is the store I bought my EVO from: http://www.unitedcellular.net/

They have a Sprint branded store in Bernalillo, New Mexico. Has the Sprint logo on it. You don't know it's not a Sprint store until you see the invoices at checkout. Kind of crappy set up.

I actually had lots of issues dealing with them. Sprint ended up giving me a complimentary contract price upgrade to keep me from walking at the end of my 30 day cancellation period (as well as many other goodies).

Robert

.....They have a Sprint branded store in Bernalillo, New Mexico. Has the Sprint logo on it. You don't know it's not a Sprint store until you see the invoices at checkout. Kind of crappy set up.....

Do they have real, live, fully functioning and activated phones on display? This is how I tell if its a true Sprint Corporate store. Every Sprint corporate store I've been to has every phone on display live, and activated. Every non-Sprint store does not.. they might have one or two.. but not all.

Do they have real, live, fully functioning and activated phones on display? This is how I tell if its a true Sprint Corporate store. Every Sprint corporate store I've been to has every phone on display live, and activated. Every non-Sprint store does not.. they might have one or two.. but not all.

I don't know if they still do. But I played with an EVO in their store on launch day. Fully active.

Robert

Ben, In Vegas there is a non Corporate store that has all their phones as live and activated. So some stores can really be deceptive if they are corporate or not.

As for me, I paid $270.24 for my phone with a $100 mail-in-rebate and the $125 port in credit.

• Like 1

Yep, the Three EVOs I bought on opening day were $199 at bestbuy (with $100 rebate). Reason I went with bestbuy was that they take the rebate off the price right then. Where sprint mails their rebates to you in a few weeks/months.

$300 of the phones right then, or a check for $300 a few months later made my decision pretty easy.

Of course I was lucky either way. Several friends wanted evo's after seeing mine, and just those 2 or 3 days ended up being weeks worth of wiats for most of them.

Just read an article that said Sprint sold 7,000,000 Evo 4Gs.

WOW!!! :twitch:

I know they sold a lot of evo's but I didn't think it was that much, thats amazing.

• Like 1

No wonder Sprint likes the EVO brand name.

Oh yeah, the evo 4g was the best selling phone ever on sprint by a wide margin. I don't know how many iphones sprint has sold but the evo is way too iconic of a name for sprint to not capitalize on, thats why I was 100% confident that sprint was gonna use the evo name in some form with their version of the one x.

Off contract price is $549.

Looks like I will be working some over time. To bad Walmart almost always ups their retial price compared to sprint stores. Would be nice to use the wifes 10% discount.

Looks like I will be working some over time. To bad Walmart almost always ups their retial price compared to sprint stores. Would be nice to use the wifes 10% discount.

Would they price match?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Not sure. They do things weird in the connections department. Coworker whent in to buy a Iphone 4s off contract and the connections clerk was trying to tell him they couldn't do it. Ended up having to get a manager back there to tell the clerk yes they can.