HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

That's cool and all.....if you have Samsung device...LOL

Now back to the EVO 4G LTE....I'm 1000000% getting this phone...

Back in other news I was already against Motorola devices bc their bootloaders seem impossible to deal with...well over this weekend I saw my lil sis and she had recently gotten a Razr Maxx...thought it'd be a solid device based on specs alone but dang....playing with it I was left waiting to get back to my 3D....guess I like Sense too much? LOL

Just found the whole experience with that phone lacking imho....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I'm guessing it means that either the Note is a Fall release on Sprint, Sprint waits for a GS3 Note variant, or Sprint doesn't carry the Note.

Thanks for the info (and for busting my bubble) lol :P

You are probably correct. By the time Sprint gets it, it will be outdated. Plus with the success that Samsung has had with that device, I am sure that a part 2 is already being designed more along the specs of the Samsung s3. And it would most likely be announced/deployed around the 1 year anniversary of the first Note. (Which is probably at the end of the year) This would be the time that both Sprint and Verizon would get a chance to have dibs on it.

As for the HTC EVO LTE, if May 7 is the pre-orders, when do some of you think the phone would actually be in consumers hands?

TS

As great as this phone looks. I do want to see what the GS3 specs look like. Hopefully they are announced before the EVO-LTE drops in june.

I also hope they make a version of the One-S avalible. As my wife (if she stays with sprint) wants a smaller phone, like the original evo or razr maxx. 4.3"

I totally agree. I'm not on board with the new EVO just yet. Samsung needs to announce the GS3 already so I can compare and choose which one is best for me. I'm sure we should get an idea by June......I hope lol.

As for the One S, I think T-mobile has a 180 day exclusivity on that phone. Sounds unreal lol.

I totally agree. I'm not on board with the new EVO just yet. Samsung needs to announce the GS3 already so I can compare and choose which one is best for me. I'm sure we should get an idea by June......I hope lol.

As for the One S, I think T-mobile has a 180 day exclusivity on that phone. Sounds unreal lol.

Well I'm a bit spoiled. If Sprint gets the One-S I'm hoping it will have a few improvments also. Like a SD card slot and maybe upgrade the screen to a non pentile one.

But I really do hope that we we hear some GS3 specs before the EVO-LTE drops. Not that I don't like the EVO, I'd be really, really happy with it. But would be nice to be able to compare them first.

Samsung phones are ok, but if i do get another Android it will be an HTC. I am so used to Sense that other GUI's just don't cut it for me.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Samsung phones are ok, but if i do get another Android it will be an HTC. I am so used to Sense that other GUI's just don't cut it for me.

Am I missing something? I thought Sense was OK on my Hero and I HATED Sense on my 3D. I put CyanogenMod on my Hero and I liked that a lot better than stock with Sense. Then I upgraded to the 3D and it was a bunch of stuff that I never used, burning my battery and slowing everything else down. Seems like pure bloat to me. I always figured that if I want some widget or functionality, I will install it.

The HTC devices have had excellent developer support though and I'm sure there will be a CynaogenMod or something that is AOSP for people like me that don't want/use Sense.

What is such a draw about Sense though? Can someone help me understand this?

Sense has its good and bad. Its really good for novice or new android users in that it supplies some nice things in a easy to use way. Without a new person reserching and having to look for widgets or things they want.

I really liked it when I first got my evo. But as I got more and more into android I learned what I wanted and what I didn't.

For my wife she loves friendstream. prefers the sense calendar, and really likes how facebook contacts and such are linked.

From the reviews on sense 4.0 I have read. It does appear they have unbloated a lot of it. But one thing they tool away that I do use all the time is the settings tab in the notification area. Thats one thing I wish that would have stayed. Was so much easier than having to deal with toggles. (I turn wifi on and off a lot)

Reguardless Most of this doesn't effect any of us. As we all seem the type that root and rom our phones anyway.

• Like 1

I like Sense too. Although I think it was getting a little "thick" in the last version. Based on what I've read, the new version of Sense is even better then stock Android. (flame suit on). Go read Phil Nickelson's q&a at Android Central forums about the new EVO.. I thougut it was some good insight. Here: http://forums.androi...e-anything.html

Also, hes got a good comparison of the One X (essentially the new EVO, minus the EVO's upgrades) vs the G Nexus that I posted above.

Am I missing something? I thought Sense was OK on my Hero and I HATED Sense on my 3D. I put CyanogenMod on my Hero and I liked that a lot better than stock with Sense. Then I upgraded to the 3D and it was a bunch of stuff that I never used' date=' burning my battery and slowing everything else down. Seems like pure bloat to me. I always figured that if I want some widget or functionality, I will install it.

The HTC devices have had excellent developer support though and I'm sure there will be a CynaogenMod or something that is AOSP for people like me that don't want/use Sense.

What is such a draw about Sense though? Can someone help me understand this?[/quote']

I had an HTC Pure from at&t in 09. It was able to semi-natively run Android 2.1 with HTC Sense thanks to XDA. It was so easy to use and I was used to "Sense" from Windows Mobile 6.5 so it made it easy to transition. I've liked Sense from that point on.

I like Sense too. Although I think it was getting a little "thick" in the last version. Based on what I've read, the new version of Sense is even better then stock Android. (flame suit on). Go read Phil Nickelson's q&a at Android Central forums about the new EVO.. I thougut it was some good insight. Here: http://forums.androi...e-anything.html

Also, hes got a good comparison of the One X (essentially the new EVO, minus the EVO's upgrades) vs the G Nexus that I posted above.

I think something being referred to as "better than AOSP" is all in the eye of the beholder. If you like all the added features, yes, it's better. If you don't want some of those features, it ends up as the swear word for Android owners "bloat." Personally, I like to start with a clean slate and add what I want. That is just my personal preference though. And for many people, they lack the motivation or know-how to add the features of Sense that are missing from AOSP.

I Love HTC Sense, I just think it has gotten bloated, and certainly has slowed my phone (EVO 3D) down. HTC even admitted that. I believe Sense 4 is going to fix that, and all the reviews that I have read confirm that. So, I think what I'm getting on the EVO LTE will be great. I have a Nexus S 4G and I do like the stock experience, but If I could combine that with Sense, I would be more then happy. (edit: minus the "bloat") And I think (and hear) that is exactly what Sense 4 does. (and most of the reviews of the G Nex and the EVO LTE seem to concur.)

I Love HTC Sense, I just think it has gotten bloated, and certainly has slowed my phone (EVO 3D) down. HTC even admitted that. I believe Sense 4 is going to fix that, and all the reviews that I have read confirm that. So, I think what I'm getting on the EVO LTE will be great. I have a Nexus S 4G and I do like the stock experience, but If I could combine that with Sense, I would be more then happy. And I think (and hear) that is exactly what Sense 4 does. (and most of the reviews of the G Nex and the EVO LTE seem to concur.)

What is it that you want added to the Nexus S? There are a ton of mods out there that can add anything from facebook integration into your contacts to changing the battery display.

I think something being referred to as "better than AOSP" is all in the eye of the beholder.

Absolutely, but what isn't in the eye of the beholder? Thats what makes this a relatively moot point. I have limited time on a Gnex and no time on Sense 4. Maybe you have some legitimate time with the new Sense 4.. I dunno. I can only base my statements on the fact that I like Sense, minus the bloat, and the fact that there have been reviews stating that that Sense 4 is pretty great.. and that sounds good to me.

What is it that you want added to the Nexus S? There are a ton of mods out there that can add anything from facebook integration into your contacts to changing the battery display.

I guess im just lazy and like the fact that Sense builds this all into the device.. I love being able to one click print an email or photo from Sense.. and all the options for controlling WiFi, 4G, 3G, ect built right into the notification bar is nice too. Im sure that is probably available stock.. just saying the integration is nice.

Absolutely, but what isn't in the eye of the beholder? Thats what makes this a relatively moot point. I have limited time on a Gnex and no time on Sense 4. Maybe you have some legitimate time with the new Sense 4.. I dunno. I can only base my statements on the fact that I like Sense, minus the bloat, and the fact that there have been reviews stating that that Sense 4 is pretty great.. and that sounds good to me.

Haven't touched Sense 4.0

• Like 1

I guess im just lazy and like the fact that Sense builds this all into the device.. I love being able to one click print an email or photo from Sense.. and all the options for controlling WiFi, 4G, 3G, ect built right into the notification bar is nice too. Im sure that is probably available stock.. just saying the integration is nice.

To each his own, I guess. Although I've been known to talk about creating my own rom...

• Like 4

I've said that for a while now.... since I got into Android. And, imo, that's the best thing about Android.

Thats whats so great about android and having all these manufacturers to chose from. If you don't like the design of the hardware or software, there is always another option to chose from that will fit your needs.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info (and for busting my bubble) lol :P

You are probably correct. By the time Sprint gets it, it will be outdated. Plus with the success that Samsung has had with that device, I am sure that a part 2 is already being designed more along the specs of the Samsung s3. And it would most likely be announced/deployed around the 1 year anniversary of the first Note. (Which is probably at the end of the year) This would be the time that both Sprint and Verizon would get a chance to have dibs on it.

As for the HTC EVO LTE, if May 7 is the pre-orders, when do some of you think the phone would actually be in consumers hands?

TS

I agree with you. Sprint should just shoot for the Galaxy Note 2 when Samsung starts to develop it and forget about the Galaxy Note 1. Sprint needs to shoot for the GS3 though since that is the most anticipated android phone currently which I hope is in line for a Fall release when Sprint's major LTE markets should be lighting up.

According to Robert the tentative rumored release date is June 10th. Seems kinda long to have a preorder for over a month. Since Sprint likes to have phone launches on sundays, either June 3rd or 10th makes sense.

Holy moly!

I got my evo 4g off contract and it came out to $478 inc tax

Sent from my hTc Evo!

Actually $550 sounds good to me. Wasn't the Rezound like $799 or something crazy?

I've got to buy the EVO 4G LTE off contract so $550 isn't sounding too bad.

• Like 1

Off contract price is $549.

That is very very very reasonable....so much in fact that I might just buy it full price and save my upgrade as I can't imagine the next line next year that I know I'll also want be this price...

I was expecting something like $650 at least given the OneX pricing...

• Like 1