HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

Is HTC synch manager needed?

I uninstalled it on my 8.1 machine, but it reinstalled it during the attempt. On the Win7 machine, it did not have it.

After playing with the Evo next to my One, I have to say, this was too late, but much needed. I can't believe how much snappier the phone feels overall. Had they dropped this back shortly after 4.3 was released, I don't know if I would have bothered to pick up a One (and I really like mine!).

• Like 1

I uninstalled it on my 8.1 machine, but it reinstalled it during the attempt. On the Win7 machine, it did not have it.

After playing with the Evo next to my One, I have to say, this was too late, but much needed. I can't believe how much snappier the phone feels overall. Had they dropped this back shortly after 4.3 was released, I don't know if I would have bothered to pick up a One (and I really like mine!).

It feels like a new phone again. I cannot express how much i love the quick settings menu on the notification bar. Makes changing settings while in app possible without exiting the app. In addition the multi tasking has improved in 4.3. When i switch to a previously opened app it does not need to re-load.

• Like 2

Updated mine yesterday and so far I am very happy. I will keep an eye on it but it seems like my battery has gotten better and my wifi reception especially on 5ghz has gotten markedly better.

I successfully updated my software using a Windows 8 computer. It took a couple tries to get the RUU to load, and then gave me a USB error. I switched to a different USB port and it worked fine. I still don't feel that the connectivity issues are corrected, as airplane mode is still used at about the same frequency to get the EVO to flip over from 3G. Other than that, so far so good!

I successfully updated my software using a Windows 8 computer. It took a couple tries to get the RUU to load, and then gave me a USB error. I switched to a different USB port and it worked fine. I still don't feel that the connectivity issues are corrected, as airplane mode is still used at about the same frequency to get the EVO to flip over from 3G. Other than that, so far so good!

The connectivity issues with the Evo will never be fixed because it can't be fixed.

Guys, you can update your firmware, software, even underwear all you want, but it will not change the fact that you still have the EVO LTE.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

I think most people on XDA might not know what they are doing. The setting is still there, exactly where it was with the previous public release and trial release.Posted ImagePosted ImageSent from my EVO using Tapatalk

After playing with my upgraded phone in an area without Sprint service, I can confirm that the roaming menu in your picture only enables voice roaming. You need to root and edit the XML files in order to enable data roaming.

Again, I hope this isn't a new trend for Sprint. If I can't even get 1x data when roaming it might be time to finally leave.

Can you run the RUU on a Mac? I haven't ever run a custom rom or anything, so I am concerned I might mess something up.

You can indeed update your phone if you have a Mac.  You need to have a locked bootloader for this to work (I had to relock mine).  Follow the directions in this XDA post:

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

icon1.gifFor those having RUU install issues....

For those of you having trouble getting the RUU to run correctly, follow the following steps to run in Bootloader instead.....I just followed Captain_Throwbacks instructions from this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...37&postcount=3

You must have a way to access your Micro SD Card from your PC so you can transfer and delete files from it.

Of course make sure all your data is BACKED UP!!!

1. Download both files to your PC....

2. Rename PJ75IMG1.zip to PJ75IMG.zip and place on root of SD Card.

3. Reboot phone to Bootloader Menu and run .zip file and let it do its thing....

4. After file is done, remove Micro-SD Card and delete PJ75IMG.zip and replace with PJ75IMG2.zip making sure to rename it to PJ75IMG.zip again.

5. Place Miro-SD Card back into phone and reboot while holding Volume Key down for Bootloader Menu.

6. Run .zip and let it finish (this part takes a bit of time to complete).

7. Reboot phone into a fresh install of Sense 5 Android 4.3 Final Update - 4.13.651.3

Enjoy.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ig9cd8rwxdksb0q/PJ75IMG1.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2k4ndcrebitlzu/PJ75IMG2.zip

I don't have roaming issues on my device using the final version of the RUU. Additionally, my LTE reception is better than ever before. My LTE doesn't drop nearly as often and in areas where my device would previously drop, it holds on. I took a trip down a road where I know there is weak LTE. My device, before the update, would drop LTE and pick it up further down he road when it encountered another tower. Now my device went down to -117dbm and did not drop the signal before picking up the next tower.

The connectivity issues with the Evo will never be fixed because it can't be fixed.

True! I was still hoping for some sort of improvement that isn't really going to come. The rest of the update is nice!

I finally did the upgrade over the weekend.  It's almost like having a new phone.  The hardest part was finding a windows 7 machine.  I fired up an old laptop with XP and got it to do the upgrade.  

This will make it easier to wait for the M8( or the "All new HTC one" as it might be called).

Since the update, is anyone having problems with the phone overheating very quickly? I think I might have nailed the problem to the update in the radio.

I updated over the weekend, and on Monday my phone was overheating during my morning drive. Just my usual routine - phone in the car dock and charging, running Waze for navigation and Tune-In Radio. Vehicle temp set at my norm (cool). I've rarely had this phone overheat, and only in the summer previously.

Having said that, I have had no overheating issues since Monday morning. May have just been a bunch of background services still playing catch-up since the update. I've also heard that the Qualcomm Enhanced location app sucks a lot of juice; it's possible that that was a contributing factor as well.

I updated over the weekend, and on Monday my phone was overheating during my morning drive. Just my usual routine - phone in the car dock and charging, running Waze for navigation and Tune-In Radio. Vehicle temp set at my norm (cool). I've rarely had this phone overheat, and only in the summer previously.

Having said that, I have had no overheating issues since Monday morning. May have just been a bunch of background services still playing catch-up since the update. I've also heard that the Qualcomm Enhanced location app sucks a lot of juice; it's possible that that was a contributing factor as well.

No overheating for me at all.  Battery life actually seems to be noticeably improved, and the phone hangs on to 4G a bit longer than before.

No overheating for me at all.  Battery life actually seems to be noticeably improved, and the phone hangs on to 4G a bit longer than before.

I'm tending to agree with you. I've had no other overheating issues so far, other than that first day, and that was probably a lot of background services getting caught up. The phone definitely seems to hold on to LTE better than before; speeds seem a little faster too, but there are too many variables involved with that to be sure yet. Battery life seems better, but it's hard to be sure as I've been using the phone more than usual tweaking settings and setting things up the way I like them. Can't decide if I like Blinkfeed or not, I'll have to give it a few days more.

Seems like the only way to enable USB debugging is via Sync Manager, which is kind of annoying.

Seems like the only way to enable USB debugging is via Sync Manager, which is kind of annoying.

USB Debugging is in the hidden developer menu. Settings -> About -> Software information -> More -> Click Build Number 5 times. This will give you the Developer Options menu above Activate this device in the Settings.

• Like 1

USB Debugging is in the hidden developer menu. Settings -> About -> Software information -> More -> Click Build Number 5 times. This will give you the Developer Options menu above Activate this device in the Settings.

Well that was certainly well hidden! :wacko:

Thanks!

What software version number does this update to? I updated and now Sprint Zone is showing an available update to version JSS15Q.

Not sure what software you are asking about. Phone software is 4.13.651.3   Sprint Zone is 4.6.34 (just updated today). No idea what JSS15Q is.

Not sure what software you are asking about. Phone software is 4.13.651.3   Sprint Zone is 4.6.34 (just updated today). No idea what JSS15Q is.

Sprintzone -> Dashboard -> System Updates-> Device Software