HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I just signed on to post this myself, it's definitely there. Just installed the new update on my old EVO LTE.. very snappy, I'm impressed. Did not lose S-OFF or the custom PRL I had loaded on the previous version, although that might be because the phone is not activated at the moment.

-Mike

Yup, it's on mine too. Don't know why someone couldn't find it!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yup, it's on mine too. Don't know why someone couldn't find it!

The setting they are talking about is totally different. It's below 4g settings above the ones yall are pointing out. Has options of national roaming, all networks, and disabled.

This menu option is not displayed normally.

• Like 1

The setting they are talking about is totally different. It's below 4g settings above the ones yall are pointing out. Has options of national roaming, all networks, and disabled.

Ahh, interesting.. that's a completely different menu I've never seen on any EVO ROMs. But doesn't that menu have the same effect as setting the appropriate combinations of Domestic Data and International Data in the options near the bottom?

-Mike

Ahh, interesting.. that's a completely different menu I've never seen on any EVO ROMs. But doesn't that menu have the same effect as setting the appropriate combinations of Domestic Data and International Data in the options near the bottom?

-Mike

Based on what some said, no.... Haven't given it a whirl fully yet.... Sprint might have the others configured somewhat differently as I haven't looked into it much detail here.

Based on what some said, no.... Haven't given it a whirl fully yet.... Sprint might have the others configured somewhat differently as I haven't looked into it much detail here.

Maybe I'm completely missing something but what does that option provide that enabling domestic/international voice and data doesn't? That's never shown up in any EVO ROM I have loaded from HTC, it seems redundant.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can you run the RUU on a Mac? I haven't ever run a custom rom or anything, so I am concerned I might mess something up.

As someone who uses a Mac on a regular basis but sometimes wants to run windows software on it.

http://www.codeweavers.com/

Download the demo and see if it works for the RRU, and anything other windows software you might want to try.

Maybe I'm completely missing something but what does that option provide that enabling domestic/international voice and data doesn't? That's never shown up in any EVO ROM I have loaded from HTC, it seems redundant.

Why would they not use that instead if it did the exact same thing?.....

Why would they not use that instead if it did the exact same thing?.....

Maybe its hidden on purpose because it's redundant and does nothing.

• Like 1

I think I made mine angry. Followed the steps, but got a USB error when trying to install. I just have a black screen with silver HTC letters on the phone, and no input whatsoever seems to change it. Any suggestions?

Edit - Nevermind, I was able to recover it and try again.

Edit 2 - Every time I try to start the update process, my PC (win 8.1) says "the USB device is not recognized" and fails the install.

• Like 1

I think I made mine angry. Followed the steps, but got a USB error when trying to install. I just have a black screen with silver HTC letters on the phone, and no input whatsoever seems to change it. Any suggestions?

Edit 2 - Every time I try to start the update process, my PC (win 8.1) says "the USB device is not recognized" and fails the install.

Do you have the drivers installed? I got mine by also installing HTC sync manager.

Are you using the latest RUU for windows 8.1? 

I re-installed the HTC Sync manager before starting. I disabled all of the HTC Sync items on the phone. It'll show up in the drive listing when plugged in, but as soon as it starts the bootloader portion, I get the message that the deivce isn't recognized. I downloaded the RUU update from here:

http://www.pocketables.com/2014/02/htc-officially-releases-android-4-3sense-5-ruu-htc-evo-4g-lte-public.html

I believe my PC has USB3 slots, could that be the problem?

I downloaded the program and tried installing it on my evo but I only get to where the program says it is preparing to launch them it goes through all the way to the red and then nothing happens. Any one have any ideas what can be wrong.

I recall reading that you need a windows 7 machine.

I recall reading that you need a windows 7 machine.

The email I got said the new RUU supports windows 8.

Thank you for your support on HTC EVO 4G LTE 4.3 + Sense 5MR update. Below is the link for the final software release that includes support on Win8. Please note the following as this is an RUU update (side load):

• Like 1

The email I got said the new RUU supports windows 8.

Thank you for your support on HTC EVO 4G LTE 4.3 + Sense 5MR update. Below is the link for the final software release that includes support on Win8. Please note the following as this is an RUU update (side load):

My thought as well. After all my headaches, I can tell you that my Win8.1 machine didn't like it one bit, but my Win7 machine took care of it like a charm. YMMV.

• Like 1

My thought as well. After all my headaches, I can tell you that my Win8.1 machine didn't like it one bit, but my Win7 machine took care of it like a charm. YMMV.

Is HTC synch manager needed?

What is the new icon to the left of the network data (3g or 4g)? I find it really annoying and want it to go away.

It is the NFC icon. You can get rid of it by going into the setting, and turning off the NFC antenna.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

• Like 2

It is the NFC icon. You can get rid of it by going into the setting, and turning off the NFC antenna.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

You can also get rid of it through a simple XML file edit if you are rooted. Just open /system/customize/acc/default.xml and change nfc_show_icon from 1 to 0.

• Like 3