HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

oh now you tell us. LOL

Still I think its odd they wouldn't have the SIM ID listed on the sticker...no?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

In the docs I have seen it just has very vague SIM references. I didn't feel comfortable actually going public with the info, because I didn't know if it was a virtual SIM, an unremovable SIM card, etc. I just really didn't have much info, and I didn't want to appear like an idiot. However, I have mentioned it around here when relevant to conversations and in some of our chats.

Robert

In the docs I have seen it just has very vague SIM references. I didn't feel comfortable actually going public with the info, because I didn't know if it was a virtual SIM, an unremovable SIM card, etc. I just really didn't have much info, and I didn't want to appear like an idiot. However, I have mentioned it around here when relevant to conversations and in some of our chats.

Robert

Yeah i remember hearing you say that a couple times now that i think about it....

if you look at all the pics its much more recessed than in the past so wouldn't worry about it too much...I ran mine without a case for a while 4G and 3D and never had a scratch on the lens. I beat the heck outa my phone too.

heres a pic kinda showing the more recessed protective lens and the actual camera below that. So if anything does somehow get down there the backing plastic part would be easy to replace out in store...

http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/articleimage/684/2012/03/evo-4g-lte/evo-4g-lte-6.jpg

I ran my 3D out of the case for about 3 weeks and the camera glass had a few scratches and the aluminum parts had the color rubbed off and I have an office job... That was just from having it in my pocket

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I ran my 3D out of the case for about 3 weeks and the camera glass had a few scratches and the aluminum parts had the color rubbed off and I have an office job... That was just from having it in my pocket

Ouch. That would leave a sour taste n my mouth...

Holy Cow! A possible EVO 3D LTE? That would really be AWESOME! 3D video and LTE would be a great combo! B) (Robert, we need a drooling smiley!)

confirmed by HTC.. not happening.. no 3D version.

"Update: Well, we just heard back from HTC and the company confirmed that it's not a prototype of any future device. Apparently, it's just an early design when HTC and Sprint were considering carrying over the 3D feature, but it didn't make the cut. Mystery solved!"

-Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/05/htc-evo-3d-prototype/

Not even close. No handset is ever "future proof." Under the 18-24 month contract-subsidy system, by the time that you are eligible for a fully subsidized upgrade, no matter what handset you choose, it will be woefully outdated. A dozen years ago, I seriously thought that this would be just about the only cellphone that I would ever need. How naive was that?!

7wql7jr.jpg

AJ

Oh. I though Sprint was going to do LTE in the 800 frequency in less than two years when Nextel is shut off.

confirmed by HTC.. not happening.. no 3D version.

"Update: Well, we just heard back from HTC and the company confirmed that it's not a prototype of any future device. Apparently, it's just an early design when HTC and Sprint were considering carrying over the 3D feature, but it didn't make the cut. Mystery solved!"

-Engadget

http://www.engadget....o-3d-prototype/

Called it! dang im good. lol

Thought it was way more likely to be this case since there were soooo many different kinds of variations shown there in the video that it was more likely just a design that got scraped....

I just wonder if HTC will give us any good accessories like the car dock for the one series. (since we dont have the pins on the back)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

oooo forgot all about that...the pogo pins are not there....

Actualy posted this in the gs3 thread by mistake.

But anyway... Best thing in sense 4 I have seen thus far is the car dock/software. I use my phone in the car a lot and this demo looks awsome.

http://m.androidcentral.com/htc-one-car-dock-and-app-best-vehicle-experience-yet

Since we dont have the pins. I hope they make a usb cradle for us like this one.

Actualy posted this in the gs3 thread by mistake.

But anyway... Best thing in sense 4 I have seen thus far is the car dock/software. I use my phone in the car a lot and this demo looks awsome.

http://m.androidcent...-experience-yet

Since we dont have the pins. I hope they make a usb cradle for us like this one.

I hope they do too. although, I cannot imagine them not. The HTC brand car dock for the original Evo 4G was very nice.. well built. (although pricey)

Now, as I am known to remind my students, the absence of certain information does not imply the negation of that information. In other words, that nothing has been stated about LTE 800 nor TD-LTE 2600 in the EVO 4G LTE does not tell us that it lacks those capabilities. At this point, we just have an incomplete picture. Maybe it comes through the FCC OET next week with authorization for LTE 800 or TD-LTE 2600 or both. Such is possible, albeit doubtful, because neither the LG Viper nor the Samsung Galaxy Nexus applications have sought beyond 5 MHz x 5 MHz LTE 1900.

AJ

However, your statement combined with Roberts report of being locked out of LTE makes me wonder if the LTE radio has not cleared the fcc yet or may be the specific radio that they had for the event has not passed yet.

However, your statement combined with Roberts report of being locked out of LTE makes me wonder if the LTE radio has not cleared the fcc yet or may be the specific radio that they had for the event has not passed yet.

Don't you guys think that they would want to market that capability instead of keeping it quiet and running it back through the FCC?

Being "locked out" and turned off are totally different things....did I miss where Robert really said locked out?....

It's likely just off so its not searching for LTE signal killing your battery because it never finds one since there will be so few out at launch...this is smart of sprint to be proactive as I'm sure many would just leave it on and wonder why their phone lasted 2hrs only....

Correct SGT. The GNex and Viper will have LTE default to being off. If someone has LTE in their area or doesn't and wants their battery to last 2 hours, they can change the setting. Nothing is locked out.

Later, when there are more markets going live, they will push out an OTA so the LTE defaults to on and it is up to the user to turn it off if they don't have LTE in their area. Although if LTE is defaulted to on, it won't constantly search for LTE and kill the battery it will be smart about it.

Being "locked out" and turned off are totally different things....did I miss where Robert really said locked out?....

It's likely just off so its not searching for LTE signal killing your battery because it never finds one since there will be so few out at launch...this is smart of sprint to be proactive as I'm sure many would just leave it on and wonder why their phone lasted 2hrs only....

If I recall he said he could not turn it on. Also there is supposed to be a live LTE tower nearby. Even if there was not a LTE site close enough I'm sure they could have set up a mobile one. I personally think it would have been wise to light up the LTE for the event.

Correct SGT. The GNex and Viper will have LTE default to being off. If someone has LTE in their area or doesn't and wants their battery to last 2 hours, they can change the setting. Nothing is locked out.

Later, when there are more markets going live, they will push out an OTA so the LTE defaults to on and it is up to the user to turn it off if they don't have LTE in their area. Although if LTE is defaulted to on, it won't constantly search for LTE and kill the battery it will be smart about it.

Yes but having it on in areas that you don't have signal deff hurts your battery more than having it off...otherwise I'd leave Wimax on all day here...

Also depends on the underlying settings and how often it re-searches for signal when on and not having a signal...

If I recall he said he could not turn it on. Also there is supposed to be a live LTE tower nearby. Even if there was not a LTE site close enough I'm sure they could have set up a mobile one. I personally think it would have been wise to light up the LTE for the event.

No need to pump the building with spots for LTE for the little event imho...they know they won't touch Verizon speed wise bc they are using smaller block...its likely smarter to just push the phone itself as the focus and not the network right now...

No need to pump the building with spots for LTE for the little event imho...they know they won't touch Verizon speed wise bc they are using smaller block...its likely smarter to just push the phone itself as the focus and not the network right now...

That may be true. I still find it interesting since we all know they will play up the LTE at launch.

That may be true. I still find it interesting since we all know they will play up the LTE at launch.

Better to avoid the negative press before the launch though...deal with it after when it'll be an afterthought because the number of places lit up will overwhelm it...big red is still putting little LTE pins on a map while sprint is about to cover the whole network. Haha

• Like 1

Better to avoid the negative press before the launch though...deal with it after when it'll be an afterthought because the number of places lit up will overwhelm it...big red is still putting little LTE pins on a map while sprint is about to cover the whole network. Haha

Thats just the thing though. There would be no negative press. You use the phone, put it down and leave. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the LTE radio is still undergoing fcc clearance or if there is another version of the radio undergoing fcc clearance.

Thats just the thing though. There would be no negative press. You use the phone, put it down and leave. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the LTE radio is still undergoing fcc clearance or if there is another version of the radio undergoing fcc clearance.

Oh there would deff be negative press...and it'd take away from the device...ppl would run speed test on it and then write about how it was slower than VZ...if not allowed to run speed test then there would be no point to even have LTE live there...