HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

Yeah - it's here...

Specs look nice but not as good as rumored. If LTE lights up soon for me - I'm in...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte-specs

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte-gallery

Not sure what all the crying is about the look of the phone in all the forums over there. Looks damn good to me.

• Like 1

I am sold, its not quite what I expected but this phone is hot. This has everything the one x needed to be the perfect phone. Larger battery, micro sd card support in addition to the 16 thats built in, dedicated camera button, kickstand all while still maintaining the same thinness of the one x.

• Like 3

It is a great phone. I just wish they kept the top half aluminum, but had one square under the camera that was polycarbonate for the NFC chip. Still a very very good phone, but I'll probably wait to see what Samsung or motorola brings out.

Not sure what all the crying is about the look of the phone in all the forums over there. Looks damn good to me.

I really don't understand what all the crying is about either! Folks are dogging it out like its some rotten inbred stepchild from 2009. Maybe because of the red on it and the fact the other two had red detailing? Subtract the color, and you've got an HTC One with a kickstand... AND its got an microSD slot! Win! Has the average smartphone buying plebe been so confused by the onslaught of smartphone options that they base their willingness to like a device on the lines on the back cover and/or the color of it?

I want to wait until later in the year to upgrade.. but I'll keep this sweet thang on my radar and am really eager to read its reviews

• Like 3

I have to say I kinda like it. And after taking the plunge on modding my Evo 4G to run ICS, my upgrade itch is probably sated until the EVO 4G LTE hits in June. Although after a few months of pure Google experience I'm not sure I'll want Sense back...

• Like 1

It is a great phone. I just wish they kept the top half aluminum, but had one square under the camera that was polycarbonate for the NFC chip.

NFC operates in the HF band at 13.56 MHz. At that frequency, wavelength is 75 feet. By comparison, 1900 MHz wavelength is roughly 6 inches. So, I am dubious that NFC could have been made to work in a full metal shell. And, personally, I think that HTC and Sprint should have stuck with the solid polycarbonate body.

AJ

• Like 4

Yeah - it's here...

Specs look nice but not as good as rumored. If LTE lights up soon for me - I'm in...

http://www.androidce...vo-4g-lte-specs

http://www.androidce...-4g-lte-gallery

I agree. the evo 4g lte, is not a one series phone. It may have the same specs(plus more), but it is part of the evo line. It wouldn't be right to have the same look of the one X and call it an EVO

NFC operates in the HF band at 13.56 MHz. At that frequency, wavelength is 75 feet. By comparison, 1900 MHz wavelength is roughly 6 inches. So, I am dubious that NFC could have been made to work in a full metal shell. And, personally, I think that HTC and Sprint should have stuck with the solid polycarbonate body.

AJ

I did not know that. The two tone has grown on me since first seeing it.

Eagerly awaiting TS to report back since he was there. I sent him some ?'s to try and ask around to and see if he can get someone to bite on...One being the LTE band's, but guess its only Sprint's 1900MHz...thats a lil of a downer and really kinda throws a kink in it as I'll be really dying to get the device next year more now as it surely will support the 2.5GHz from clear by then, and hopefully the 800MHz too....

The other ?'s I asked him to ask were about the battery and what they are planning to tell users to do in certain situations....like when you get it wet so to say....tough to pull the battery in that instance...if your bootlooping and need to get to the bootloader/recovery to recover the device, how can we get there if the press power button down and hold it feature only reboots the device?...

Also really kinda bummed about the non polycarbonate body...wtf Sprint!!! I deff blame you on that one as you set the specs here obviously...

Eagerly awaiting TS to report back since he was there. I sent him some ?'s to try and ask around to and see if he can get someone to bite on...One being the LTE band's, but guess its only Sprint's 1900MHz...thats a lil of a downer and really kinda throws a kink in it as I'll be really dying to get the device next year more now as it surely will support the 2.5GHz from clear by then, and hopefully the 800MHz too....

The other ?'s I asked him to ask were about the battery and what they are planning to tell users to do in certain situations....like when you get it wet so to say....tough to pull the battery in that instance...if your bootlooping and need to get to the bootloader/recovery to recover the device, how can we get there if the press power button down and hold it feature only reboots the device?...

Also really kinda bummed about the non polycarbonate body...wtf Sprint!!! I deff blame you on that one as you set the specs here obviously...

I am curious about his impressions as well being that he is in so much love with that damn galaxy note, LOL.

• Like 1

AJ

Hence no NFC on the OneS....

Okay AJ, Scott, Digi, and anyone else with the signal freq tech super knowledge...

The phone is listed as supporting Sprints 1900MHz band...given we saw in earlier phones they had support for multiple more LTE Bands on a single Antennae. Think it was an ATT LTE world phone maybe? Just think I remember them having more LTE bands than normal in the past on the device....

Is it possible that even though the phone is listed as supporting just 1900 LTE, that in the future when Clear's 2.5GHz LTE is up live, or when Sprints 800MHz LTE is live that they could update the radio/baseband and enable support for more later on?

Would require another pass through FCC getting approved of course, but is it possible?

Would one be able to tell if the specs of the antennae supported such theory at all from FCC docs or teardown pics? I know FCC only lists freq tested at but maybe specs/details listed of antennae could determine if its plausible?

Would require another pass through FCC getting approved of course, but is it possible?

Yeah, it's possible, there's a chance...

AJ

• Like 3