LG G Flex 2 [FCC ID ZNFLS996]

NateC

Is there a way you can test it out for me? Also, do all notifications end up on the lock screen? On my last android (M8/August 2014) I would get a notification, and only hear the sound, have to reach and unlock my phone, pull down the notification shade just to see what it was. That's not safe in a 70,000lb truck driving down the road. Also, is there a "do not disturb" mode, and can the camera flash be enabled to flash on a notification or a phone call? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 6

There are different texting apps that will turn the screen on when you get a text. I use Textra. I don't know about any other notifications. They all show on the lock screen but only two at a time, that is lollipop standard right now. Not sure on your other questions.

Sent from my LG G4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ZV8 update out for the Flex 2 now. Says its a fix for the "stagefright" issue as well as other bug fixes, improvements, and enhancements.

Thinking about picking one of these up to replace my G2. Are the issues straightened out yet?

Thinking about picking one of these up to replace my G2. Are the issues straightened out yet?

as far as performance and heat go yes they are. I haven't had near as many issues since they update before last. Thats not to say something doesn't lock up or hang or get laggy once in awhile, but i would say thats no different than any other phone. My only remaining concern is battery life, it seems to be all over the place for me and there is no good indicator of why. I've installed the GSAM battery monitor app and it never shows any apps out of whack with battery usage. I also started using LUX to control screen brightness and that doesn't seem to make a difference. Sometimes i get an hour to 1.5 hours of screen on time before i'm needing to charge, other times i get well over 2.5 hours :/

• 1 month later...

looks like a ZV9 update is out, my phone just prompted me to update to it

Version

Release Date

Description of Enhancements/Fixes

LS996ZV9 11/20/2015
  • Sprint Global Roaming
  • Minor UI Updates
  • App Updates
  • Bug Fixes
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

I see this is reported to have 2x CA, but haven't seen screenshots or confirmation of CA in this thread. Can one of y'all owners confirm CA is working well? Thinking about picking up a used model. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I see this is reported to have 2x CA, but haven't seen screenshots or confirmation of CA in this thread. Can one of y'all owners confirm CA is working well? Thinking about picking up a used model. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

i have this phone and CA works with it. however unless you get a really great deal on it i would stay away from this phone. its just "all right" not amazing by any means and still has lag that gets worse as time goes on. basically you have to factory reset every 4 to 6 months to keep acceptable performance.

• Like 1

i have this phone and CA works with it. however unless you get a really great deal on it i would stay away from this phone. its just "all right" not amazing by any means and still has lag that gets worse as time goes on. basically you have to factory reset every 4 to 6 months to keep acceptable performance.

Confirmed. Thanks. Though I was hoping it would be faster. Oh well.

4819f530a9805e2569830bccb10df7dd.jpg

6c78b2b8e7643ef6b304e277048032f3.jpg

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Confirmed. Thanks. Though I was hoping it would be faster. Oh well.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

It's possible you may not have been using CA at this moment. Although it's possible, 99% of the time the PCC and SCC PCI's are the same since you're generally using CA on the same sector of the same site. The SCC fields on LG engineering screens tends to get stuck, so when it disconnects, it still shows data there even though it's not connected. The only way to know for sure it's connected is if the RSRP numbers are updating on both the PCC and SCC fields.

Where was this test done? It's also possible there was just a lot of traffic in the area.

• Like 1

It's possible you may not have been using CA at this moment. Although it's possible, 99% of the time the PCC and SCC PCI's are the same since you're generally using CA on the same sector of the same site. The SCC fields on LG engineering screens tends to get stuck, so when it disconnects, it still shows data there even though it's not connected. The only way to know for sure it's connected is if the RSRP numbers are updating on both the PCC and SCC fields.

Where was this test done? It's also possible there was just a lot of traffic in the area.

I see. I didn't know that. Thanks.

Midtown St. Louis. Right after I tested, I checked the engineering screen again and it showed primary/secondary of 375/375, going along with what you mentioned.

Edited by etirkca

I see. I didn't know that. Thanks.

Midtown St. Louis. Right after I tested, I checked the engineering screen again and it showed primary/secondary of 375/375, going along with what you mentioned.

That is a pretty busy area. Do you know if you were on Clear B41 or Sprint B41? In some cases, the Clear B41 still doesn't have the appropriate backhaul yet. 

That is a pretty busy area. Do you know if you were on Clear B41 or Sprint B41? In some cases, the Clear B41 still doesn't have the appropriate backhaul yet. 

Sorry, I don't know for sure.

Are you able to tell from the PLMN? It's 311-870. The majority of the time I see 310-120 around here.

Sorry, I don't know for sure.

Are you able to tell from the PLMN? It's 311-870. The majority of the time I see 310-120 around here.

311-870 is Clear B41. 310-120 is Sprint.

I should have seen that in the screenshot. Missed that.