Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

So overall what are you guys' impressions? Glad you got it? Any hiccups with general performance? Smooth as butter?

Butter smooth, great battery life thus far, turbo charge is a godsend. Louder than my friends HTC m8 but not as full, amazing display even next to the nexus 5, stellar cellular performance. The only bad so far is the auto focus and micro shots, in door camera performance is decent but could be better. Size to me is not a big deal but then again I have gorilla's hands lol
  • Like 3

Butter smooth, great battery life thus far, turbo charge is a godsend. Louder than my friends HTC m8 but not as full, amazing display even next to the nexus 5, stellar cellular performance. The only bad so far is the auto focus and micro shots, in door camera performance is decent but could be better. Size to me is not a big deal but then again I have gorilla's hands lol

All sounds good to me.  While I take pictures with my phone, I don't really care if they are the best of quality.  Typically just snaps to the wife and friends, ha.  We have a nice digital camera that I use for anything important.

I'm 6'4" and could handle a Nexus 7 as a phone if I had to, so I don't think the size is too big of a deal.  I wish it was a little smaller, but I'm sure I'll adjust just like I did when I went from my old work provided iPhone 4S to a G2.  

If either of the Madison stores have one in stock tomorrow, I'm pretty much buying it.  If they don't then I might talk myself out of it...  I don't know.  I'll let the availability decide it for me!   :lol:

Beautiful screen, A bit of discoloration at angles (amoled)

Excellent speakers (not as full as M8 but very good)

I also have big hands so not that big of a deal especially coming from G3.

Built quality is great! a step up from G3 and N5 for sure.

Typing is awesome! Love lollipop keyboard and the motor is perfect!

RF performance is top notch, matching my G3 for the most part. Except in B26, it's definitely more resilient than the G3.

Active Display is very cool!

Lollipop is just a huge step up! Can't wait to dig deeper.

• Like 3

Beautiful screen, A bit of discoloration at angles (amoled)

Excellent speakers (not as full as M8 but very good)

I also have big hands so not that big of a deal especially coming from G3.

Built quality is great! a step up from G3 and N5 for sure.

Typing is awesome! Love lollipop keyboard and the motor is perfect!

RF performance is top notch, matching my G3 for the most part. Except in B26, it's definitely more resilient than the G3.

Active Display is very cool!

Lollipop is just a huge step up! Can't wait to dig deeper.

Compared to the M8 how does the headphone performance compare. I am thinking about getting this or the a new and very inexpensive H/K M8,... HTC has been top notch in the sound department. Don't want to back track in regard to audio quality and clarity!

Compared to the M8 how does the headphone performance compare. I am thinking about getting this or the a new and very inexpensive H/K M8,... HTC has been top notch in the sound department. Don't want to back track in regard to audio quality and clarity!

I will have to do more testing but so far it has been very good over BT, but headphones could be a completely different situation.

OK.....it is in my hands, and it is a gorgeous device. I can wrap my whole hand around the device middle finger to thumb touching.

To me it feels as if it is the same size as an iPhone 6+. Size is subjective to the user. It Make's my Nexus 5 look like a toy. This phone is not for gurly men. To me it feels no different size wise the the Note 4, or iPhone 6+.

One a side Note, I held and played with a note edge. Lol. What an innovative gorgeous device. Don't knock that unless you try it.

Any way back to this beast of a phone. The color suits the look, and it really feels good in my hand. I will phatty with this and find out more about viewing this outside.

• Like 3

please report your radio/signal findings.  if you can use the same location(s) as your nexus 5 that would be good  :rasp:

well 2 days of using it, I got 3 b41 sites I ping off of and rest are b25.. I also connect to 800 cdma at work.. I would peg this phone about on par to my nexus 5. Switching between 25 --> 41 about the same as my nexus 5.  Speeds as well. I do have oddities with the radio though and Its completely software at this point but when I reboot, it sometimes scans through multiple times to connect to a signal sometime taking 15-20s... This is after 2 factory resets (1 because of the update messed up my phone, force close city. 2nd one because I got rid of the encryption that Google forced)... 

I went to a Sprint Corporate store today to see a Nexus 6, and they had one on display. I must say, the screen doesn't seem to be to big for me. I asked if they had any in stock, and they had one. I told him I will take but I have a SERO account. He said that shouldn't be a problem and we might just need to call Telesales to have them add it to your account. Well he went through the normal process of getting it setup on my account and it appeared that to have passed that critical step of if we needed to call telesales, but for some reason it wouldn't let them add the Nexus 6 to my account with the 2 year upgrade. For grins. they grabbed a new Note 3 to see if it would accept it, and it would. The manager gave it a go, but was running into the same problems. She went in the back and I guess sent out an email to other managers in the area to figure out why it won't let them add this NEXUS 6 to an account. I mentioned the how I had heard to leave the last digit of the IMEI, but they said it isn't failing at the part where they add the IMEI. Not sure what exactly is the problem, but they said they will call me once they get if figured out. So I headed home without a Nexus 6 for now, but will give them a call a little later for an update.

mine failed to activate at first because it was trying to add premium data twice.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have an EPRP plan and was unable to activate my Sprint-shipped N6 on the web. Customer Care webchat couldn't do it either. I had to call in, get a rep who could deal with EPRP accounts, and give her the MEID. After that it's been working great!

• Like 1

well 2 days of using it, I got 3 b41 sites I ping off of and rest are b25.. I also connect to 800 cdma at work.. I would peg this phone about on par to my nexus 5. Switching between 25 --> 41 about the same as my nexus 5.  Speeds as well. I do have oddities with the radio though and Its completely software at this point but when I reboot, it sometimes scans through multiple times to connect to a signal sometime taking 15-20s... This is after 2 factory resets (1 because of the update messed up my phone, force close city. 2nd one because I got rid of the encryption that Google forced)...

Switch it to LTE in network settings that completely fixed the scanning issue for me.
  • Like 1

2nd one because I got rid of the encryption that Google forced)... 

curious as to why you went through the trouble to do this.  speed difference is supposed to be negligible to zero between encrypted and not...

curious as to why you went through the trouble to do this.  speed difference is supposed to be negligible to zero between encrypted and not...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8725/encryption-and-storage-performance-in-android-50-lollipop

Thats why, the encryption does take a huge effect on disk performance. Interesting to know how you did manage to turn it off though. I will say though, I Just got my N6 yesterday, and even with the encryption is butter smooth and fast. So far from where I live, Ive only been able to get on B26 but Im getting around 6Mbps down with a -106dBm signal strengthht.

• Like 1

Anybody think its funny how sprint doesn't seem to advertise any nexus products on their main page?  It seems its always Samsung this and iPhone that.  I dont recall seeing them advertising the Nexus 5/6 releases.  I see the note edge is on there now.  Just thought id ask.

Anybody think its funny how sprint doesn't seem to advertise any nexus products on their main page?  It seems its always Samsung this and iPhone that.  I dont recall seeing them advertising the Nexus 5/6 releases.  I see the note edge is on there now.  Just thought id ask.

Sprint likely gets marketing money from Samsung and the other non-Apple companies to promote their products on the front page. They probably don't get money from Apple, but I suspect even today there are people who still think you need to get iPhones on AT&T.

And, for better or worse, the Nexus line are enthusiast phones and not really targeted at mainstream consumers like iPhones and Samsung's 17 different handsets.

• Like 1

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8725/encryption-and-storage-performance-in-android-50-lollipop

Thats why, the encryption does take a huge effect on disk performance. Interesting to know how you did manage to turn it off though. I will say though, I Just got my N6 yesterday, and even with the encryption is butter smooth and fast. So far from where I live, Ive only been able to get on B26 but Im getting around 6Mbps down with a -106dBm signal strengthht.

actually it does not in actual real-world use/performance.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JohnLieske/posts/hgb2457j4Tw

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+PhilNickinson/posts/7KmCmG54wQx

Well to be honest in certain aspects it is noticeable. It did install and execute applications faster. Boot is way faster. It overall has a better snap to it. Real world and to average, I doubt they know or care? Far as doing the removal its literally unlock boot loader, flash new boot IMG, erase usrdata, reboot, and Setup. Took me 3 minutes and about 10 to install my apps.

Hmm, is anyone else having there N6 not connecting to the spark network. I know I'm within range as my dad's lg g3 vigor was showing the spark icon at my house but the nexus is not.

The Nexus does not have that Spark logo. Also the Spark logo has nothing to do with being connected to "The Spark" network. All it means is you are connected to LTE.

Sent from my Sprint LG G3

Hmm, is anyone else having there N6 not connecting to the spark network. I know I'm within range as my dad's lg g3 vigor was showing the spark icon at my house but the nexus is not.

Install Signal Check Pro, that will help you verify what band your connecting too...

Band 25 normal 1900 LTE

Band 26 800 LTE

Band 41 2500/2600 high speed LTE (spark)

• Like 1