Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

So a friend of mine, who is an Android expert, was checking out my Nexus 6 device the other day, and he noticed that my Nexus 6 hadn't been updated yet to Android 7.1.1 and hadn't event received the Security Patches for May or June.

Both he and I had attempted to 'pull' the OTA updates, but, as the attached shows, my Nexus 6 shows "You Are Up To Date"

So I am wondering, is the problem with my phone or Sprint? d6b23c4cf1ab5b6251156152cb07aa51.jpg0217a228be4bfb6f6bccd5b469af7117.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The final security patch for my Nexus 5 was like this (Dec 2016, I believe). It says up to date. I tried manually applying the update and it didn't work. The latest security patch still shown is November.

my nexus 5x updated to the june security patch without issue and since they came out at the same time i doubt the 6 is end of life.

Nexus 6 came out a year before the Nexus 5x and Nexus 6p. The Nexus 6 has reached it's end of life and will only receive security updates until fall 2017.
  • Like 2

Nexus 6 came out a year before the Nexus 5x and Nexus 6p. The Nexus 6 has reached it's end of life and will only receive security updates until fall 2017.

I know that's true, but that's complete crap on Google's behalf. The whole point of these is to get updates quickly and over the long term. Microsoft is still releasing patches for Windows XP 16 years later. Google throws something by the wayside just a few years later.

Is anyone else experiencing slowness on the Nexus 6 with Android 7.1.1? I factory reset it a while back and it didn't seem to make a difference, but I didn't really use the phone until it reloaded all of my apps. I'm contemplating it again and trying to be more judicious of what gets reloaded, but at this point I don't know what difference it'll make.

• S4GRU changed the title to Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread