Sprint Phone Connect 3, anyone using it?

lynyrd65

So my parents want to save some money on their land line. I found out Sprint has released a new version of the phone connect recently and we're probably going to get one. I've heard the previous models had issues. Has anyone tried this new one yet? Any issues?

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc8360001prd&deviceSKUId=84000014&flow=AAL&planSKUId=&ptn=&tabId=dvcTab1820005&defaultContractTerm=

device_145x250_c.gif

edit: I didn't know what section to post this in, I figured hotspots and modems was the closest.

Maybe I should have put this in general. The hotspot forum probably sees very little traffic.

Actually, I think we were putting the SPC devices in the Misc section of the Smartphone subforum.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Interesting that it has 3G data. So I guess it's a hotspot too? Wonder if they offer a special plan for that.

As far as I know, there is no hotspot function enabled. I'm not sure, but I think it uses a VoIP like codec on EVDO for voice.

Oh interesting. So not 1x? Wonder if it does HD voice? I thought it was interesting that there was a 3G icon and description on the product page

Sprint Phone Connect 2 was EVDO too.

Interesting that it has 3G data. So I guess it's a hotspot too? Wonder if they offer a special plan for that.

A 4g hotspot and a home phone replacement would be intriguing device....

• Like 1

I believe AT&T has such a thing. They called it "wireless internet & phone" accordingly.

Well, I guess someone else thought of it first. Either way it would be nice offering (in my mind anyway) to have something like that in Sprint's lineup.

Well, I guess someone else thought of it first. Either way it would be nice offering (in my mind anyway) to have something like that in Sprint's lineup.

They are halfway there with the Netgear router. Maybe they will add phone connect to the next one, and support for PBX and/or VoIP phone service for businesses too.