HTC and Sprint press event today

EggotheKilljoy

It's just a Sprint/HTC event, so expect the EVO One (or whatever it will be called) which will be the headliner and maybe a mid-level device or the 2012 HTC line-up for Sprint for the rest of the year just for grins & giggles.

• Like 1

http://an.droid-life.com/2012/04/03/exclusive-hands-on-with-the-htc-evo-one/

At first I didn't like it but its starting to grow on me, I can't wait to buy this thing.

Not sure if I am a fan yet, based on all the "leaked" photos. Guess we will all find out a little later. Think they stuck with the SD card-less route?

Not sure if I am a fan yet, based on all the "leaked" photos. Guess we will all find out a little later. Think they stuck with the SD card-less route?

thought a leaked spec sheet showed an sd slot. This was a departure from the One X that HTC is releasing internationally.

Here a list from androidcentral.com:

• HTC EVO ONE
  • Released June 6
  • 4.7 inch, 720p AMOLED screen
  • 1.5 dual-core Krait processor
  • 2650mah non-removal battery
  • 16GB internal memory
  • microSD card slot
  • Android 4.0 with 4.0 sense
  • 8-megapixel camera with 2.0 front-facing camera
  • LTE
  • Beats by Dre audio

http://www.androidcentral.com/could-be-next-generation-htc-evo-sprint

• Like 1

It's hard to tell from the pics but it seems like it is in the same mold as all the EVO line. This could be a good thing for current EVO owners, but I don't think you will see a whole lot of conversions from Samsung owners. The pics could be misleading though. As Someone put, the kickstand looks like a red chopstick, and the back didn't photograph well. With many phones going thinner and lighter, if HTC doesn't follow suit, they may find themselves losing customers to the likes of Samsung and Motorola, maybe even LG.

The pictures I seen today were not what I had in mind, but I don't think that would keep me from purchasing. If Sprint holds true to the rumored specs ( SLCD2, 2650 mAh battery, MicroSD) I will pick it up.... will have to be off contract though as I'm not due for an upgrade til August 2013 :(

I think the Micro SD will be where the SIM slot is for the GSM version. This will be a plus for the phone. I'm curious as well as to how thick it will be with that larger battery. I'm suspending judgement for now. The One X is good looking; the EVO One isn't working for me yet. But I'll wait to see more pics and maybe even do hands-on.

HTC EVO 4G LTE has arrived:

http://www.phonescoo...cle.php?a=10191

To quell some of the rumors, here are the facts:

• aluminum/plastic body
  • kickstand
  • non-removable 2000 mAh battery
  • S-LCD 720p screen
  • 32 GB microSD card support
  • dedicated camera shutter release
  • $199 on-contract price point

AJ

• Like 2

The EVO 4G LTE will also be the first handset to support "HD Voice," presumably using the EVRC-NW codec. Here is Sprint's official press release:

http://newsroom.spri...article_id=2230

AJ

• Like 2

The EVO 4G LTE will also be the first handset to support "HD Voice," presumably using the EVRC-NW codec. Here is Sprint's official press release:

http://newsroom.spri...article_id=2230

AJ

It's damn sexy!!! Makes me want to jump back to HTC. It looks thin...almost slightly Samsung-esque, though. Sounds much more durable and tough than the GSII series.

Robert

• Like 2

If Beats Audio makes your music sound like Dr. Dre, maybe HD Voice makes you sound like Dr. Dre.

AJ

• Like 2

HTC EVO 4G LTE has arrived:

http://www.phonescoo...cle.php?a=10191

To quell some of the rumors, here are the facts:

• aluminum/plastic body
  • kickstand
  • non-removable 2000 mAh battery
  • S-LCD 720p screen
  • 32 GB microSD card support
  • dedicated camera shutter release
  • $199 on-contract price point

AJ

I like it! The added features are definitely a plus. Even if one is not a fan of the "looks" (which I think are totally fine), You must give credit where credit is due:

Sprint seems to have listened to their customers and provided a dedicated camera button, bigger battery, sd card slot, and kickstand. Props to Sprint for that!

This will more then likely be my next device.

• Like 1

It's damn sexy!!! Makes me want to jump back to HTC. It looks thin...almost slightly Samsung-esque, though. Sounds much more durable and tough than the GSII series.

Robert

This is very sexy, htc and sprint did one hell of a job on this. Design wise, this has so much more life than the One X, it may be too much for some but its just right for me. But what impresses me the most is the fact that they managed to through in a kickstand, micro sd support, larger battery while still keeping the same thinness as the One X.
  • Like 3

This is very sexy, htc and sprint did one hell of a job on this. Design wise, this has so much more life than the One X, it may be too much for some but its just right for me. But what impresses me the most is the fact that they managed to through in a kickstand, micro sd support, larger battery while still keeping the same thinness as the One X.

+1

(since I've "reached my quota of positive votes for the day")

+1

(since I've "reached my quota of positive votes for the day")

I didn't realize it was only 25 for Sponsors. I've now raised it. Go back to "liking."

Robert

• Like 7

The non-removable battery puts the brakes on it for me. Damn you apple...you brainwashed the keyboardless phones into peoples heads and now the removable battery.

Kinda like almost signing that last paper to buy the new car you have dreamed about only to realize you have to bring it to the dealer and wait everytime you need to gas up.

I was ready to jump back to HTC from Samsung but I think I am going to hold out.

I can see myself caving though if LTE is active in my area before a keyboard one comes out.

Not really crazy about the shiny plastic on the back, but I will give it a test run when one comes across my desk. I kinda wish they'd gone with the polycarb case, but colored it to match the EVO line.

Decisions, decisions...

• Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • HTC EVO 4G LTE
  • Samsung Galaxy S III
  • Motorola ???

Not really crazy about the shiny plastic on the back, but I will give it a test run when one comes across my desk. I kinda wish they'd gone with the polycarb case, but colored it to match the EVO line.

Decisions, decisions...

• Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • HTC EVO 4G LTE
  • Samsung Galaxy S III
  • Motorola ???

Im a fan of Sense here personally so its tough to get me in the Samsung camp at all....Now if you like to have root access and flash custom stuff or anything like that then Motorola should be as far away from any choice possible. Locked up bootloaders tighter than anyone else...

Robert

Shame, shame. Since you sinners are lusting and coveting this device (bonus points for telling which is one of the 7 deadly sins) here's a comparison for the devices and your souls you would all willingly give up for this.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/EVO-4G-LTE-vs-Epic-4G-Touch-vs-Photon-4G-vs-iPhone-4S-specs-comparison_id28773

• Like 4