iPhone 5 User Thread

anthony.spina97

So, we all know about the lovely iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User thread, and there are many different device focused threads across S4GRU, but there are none for us older iPhone users. So, why should they get to have all the fun? This thread is dedicated to anything and everything about our beautiful (Spark-less) iPhone 5's and 5S's.

Discuss anything like jailbreaks, hardware problems, how much you love your device, how great it is to have at least one LTE band compared to the folks who still have 4's and 4S's, ask questions and maybe you can get some answers, etc. etc.

Discuss! :)

-Anthony

I connect to Band 26 more than I do Band 25, due to my proximity from the towers. It's a wonderful thing to have :)

-Anthony

I can't wait for Band 26 to become active here, it will help with coverage and add capacity. 

• Like 1

I've actually been tempted to get a used 32 or 64 gb 5/5c/5s to replace my iPod Nano and add it to my Framily as a new line so I'd have a better and bigger iPod with data.

I'll definitely be following this thread.

• Like 1

I've actually been tempted to get a used 32 or 64 gb 5/5c/5s to replace my iPod Nano and add it to my Framily as a new line so I'd have a better and bigger iPod with data.

I'll definitely be following this thread.

As much as I want a 6 Plus, I still love my 5S. It's an amazing device. The battery life for me is very good, the design is great, and it performs as if it were a brand new device. The A7 chip is truly something amazing, and it doesn't stutter at all.

-Anthony

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure we have these forums already.

Not to mention the 5 shouldn't be coupled with the 5s and 5c. This will be moved, migrated and edited in the morning.

iPhone 5s/5c User Thread. It just has a different title but same place.

There isn't a iPhone 5 thread, but I'm guessing that's because of demand, but I'll let this roll as iPhone 5 thread.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure we have these forums already.

Not to mention the 5 shouldn't be coupled with the 5s and 5c. This will be moved, migrated and edited in the morning.

iPhone 5s/5c User Thread. It just has a different title but same place.

There isn't a iPhone 5 thread, but I'm guessing that's because of demand, but I'll let this roll as iPhone 5 thread.

Oh shoot! I totally forgot about those threads. Sorry about that! Thanks for the help :)

-Anthony

Oh shoot! I totally forgot about those threads. Sorry about that! Thanks for the help :)

-Anthony

No problem.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I want a 6 Plus, I still love my 5S. It's an amazing device. The battery life for me is very good, the design is great, and it performs as if it were a brand new device. The A7 chip is truly something amazing, and it doesn't stutter at all.

-Anthony

I still have my 5. I love this phone and it's definitely been a fun two years having it. Apple's phones are definitely built to last. My phone runs through iOS 8 smoothly and I rarely lag. The main reason I'm upgrading to the 6 is for spark capability and for that 4.7' display. Lol it definitely caught my eye as soon as I saw it [emoji7].

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

So my iPhone 5 connects to LTE and wifi and 1x just fine, but when it tries to connect to 3g it says could not activate cellular data. I've spoke to sprint on multiple occasions and they don't know why. Have done all the recommended resets and updates. I have an airave at home and still no 3g. My s3 connects to 3g no problem so i know it not a tower or airave issue. Totally stumped

• 6 months later...

Personally I think the iPhone 5s is the best looking phone Apple has made. I'm not a huge fan of the iPhone 6 design with the antenna lines and the slippery back. The nice thing is Apple will replace your current iPhone 5s for just $269 (https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/other/). I just did this with my 2 year old iPhone 5s and now I have a shiny new phone with a new battery.

• Like 1

Personally I think the iPhone 5s is the best looking phone Apple has made. I'm not a huge fan of the iPhone 6 design with the antenna lines and the slippery back. The nice thing is Apple will replace your current iPhone 5s for just $269 (https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/other/). I just did this with my 2 year old iPhone 5s and now I have a shiny new phone with a new battery.

Yes the iPhone5s is the best looking device Apple has made. Especially the gold one. If Apple had made the 6 models look like the 5s but in a larger size I would probably own an Apple device right now.

Sent from my Nexus 6