Samsung Galaxy Note Edge User Thread

COZisBack

• 4 weeks later...

It was bound to happen eventually...

So either I was tired from my friends 50th party, or I was distracted by a family member talking to me, but I managed to misjudge the distance of the kitchen counter and managed to hit the the edge of the counter against my phone. This resulted in my phone slipping from my hand and dropping to the kitchen floor in one loud crash. Flip cover went one way, battery went another way and the Edge laying on the floor screen side first. I was in a state of shock.

B5-VirShocked.png

First thought was "oh crap, it finally happened, screen is probably cracked, destroyed." Fear of dread sets in. I stand there looking at its dismembered body for about a minute. Family tells me "well, are you going to pick it up"  

So I pick it up and in Valens' name, not a scratch. Thanks to Gorilla Glass 4. Naturally if this was outside on concrete, the results would have been totally different. Regardless it is quite nerve wrecking seeing it happen.

TS

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for you folks that have the Edge:

I occasionally have some issues with LTE switching back and forth to 3G with my LG G2 - likely due to some spotty coverage.  How is the radio performance working with this in spotty areas in comparison with other phones you've had - especially if you've had a G2, etc.  I'm still trying to determine whether to go with the Edge or the G3...

Quick question for you folks that have the Edge:

I occasionally have some issues with LTE switching back and forth to 3G with my LG G2 - likely due to some spotty coverage. How is the radio performance working with this in spotty areas in comparison with other phones you've had - especially if you've had a G2, etc. I'm still trying to determine whether to go with the Edge or the G3...

it's on par with the s5

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

As an update regarding my questions regarding the Edge:

Went to two Sprint stores over the weekend.  Both talked me out of getting an Edge.   The reasons the reps listed were: a large amount of issues with dropped calls in the region being reported as well as hardware issues with the side screen and overheating in some instances.  One store had Edge stock, the other didn't.

I did, though, get a Note 4 and am very happy with the purchase.  Where my LG G2 was very spotty with LTE coverage - and voice coverage - the Note 4 has no issues. 

I was also considering an LG G3, but while I was in one of the stores I was speaking with a customer that lives a block over from me that has a G3 and was experiencing the same issues I was with the G2.  She was returning the G3 and looking at other options when I walked out with my Note 4.

Just giving a heads up as to my experiences over the weekend.

Thx much,

Terry

hmmm interesting. I haven't experienced those issues with the exception of it getting more warmer than usual when I was streaming a movie to Chromecast. But that only happened once.

TS

Chromecast shouldn't make the phone get warm. Unless you were playing it on your phone and then mirroring the screen, once you start playback on Chromecast it takes over and you could even turn the device off. Or maybe if you left the screen on, but I don't see how casting would do anything intensive.

As an update regarding my questions regarding the Edge:

Went to two Sprint stores over the weekend. Both talked me out of getting an Edge. The reasons the reps listed were: a large amount of issues with dropped calls in the region being reported as well as hardware issues with the side screen and overheating in some instances. One store had Edge stock, the other didn't.

I did, though, get a Note 4 and am very happy with the purchase. Where my LG G2 was very spotty with LTE coverage - and voice coverage - the Note 4 has no issues.

I was also considering an LG G3, but while I was in one of the stores I was speaking with a customer that lives a block over from me that has a G3 and was experiencing the same issues I was with the G2. She was returning the G3 and looking at other options when I walked out with my Note 4.

Just giving a heads up as to my experiences over the weekend.

Thx much,

Terry

I thought the dropped calls was with the network here. I go thru a ton of dropped calls. I have no problem with over heating. Maybe with the next update will fix that.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Chromecast shouldn't make the phone get warm. Unless you were playing it on your phone and then mirroring the screen, once you start playback on Chromecast it takes over and you could even turn the device off. Or maybe if you left the screen on, but I don't see how casting would do anything intensive.

This is true, but I'm not saying that Chromecast was the cause, I'm just saying that is what I was doing when it got warmer than usual. I also had it plugged in to the wall outlet at the time. But I have done the same thing many times after that and I did not experience the same thing happening.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...