Google Nexus 9 by HTC (2014)

TH4RO

No CDMA 1x/EVDO. International version of the Nexus 9 tablet. Hopefully the North American version shows up soon. I found it last night on the FCC OET site.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Well fine Mr. Buzzkill ????

EDIT: The international Nexus 6 does not support bands 25 or 26.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well fine Mr. Buzzkill

EDIT: The international Nexus 6 does not support bands 25 or 26.

You should read my FCC OET dissection of the international variant Nexus 9.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5895-staff-network-equipment-devices-fcc-authorizations-thread/?p=380240

Oh, wait, that thread is for staff only.  He he he...

:P

AJ

You should read my FCC OET dissection of the international variant Nexus 9.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5895-staff-network-equipment-devices-fcc-authorizations-thread/?p=380240

Oh, wait, that thread is for staff only. He he he...

:P

AJ

That's just mean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's just mean.

I will be nice and give you a three word preview:  RF not good.

AJ

• Like 4

That's just mean.

AJ

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

So any updates on this thing? I'm considering this as a sort of "family tablet" and I'm debating getting the LTE version for the rare situations where I need a few megabytes of data on a tablet. Of course, the LTE version isn't available yet, but it's supposed to be made available today.

My wife has the 16gb and I have the 32.

She absolutely loves it.  It works very well for her at work in a productivity role.  She has the oem keyboard case and it is perfect for her hands.  She is running completely stock.

I am running an AOSP ROM, with a dark theme on mine.  It's my first Nexus device, and quite frankly, don't believe I'll have another non-Nexus (if Sprint continues to allow them on network).

Neither of us have had any QC issues that seemed to be prevalent early on.  No "flexing" back, no light bleed, etc.

No offense intended to anyone, but I'm extremely happy to longer have an iPad.  It simply isn't my thing.  My wife has always used Android and has no desire for an iDevice.

That being said, don't expect iPad like battery results.  She charges hers every night because she uses it throughout the day.

It charges very slow, but isn't a concern for either of us.

I'm still waiting on the oem cover for mine.  It's fantastic to use when reading books.

My only complaint is that I cannot use my TiVo app to stream or watch recorded programming from our DVR because I'm rooted.

That certainly isn't the fault of the Nexus 9 though.  I simply can't use the N9 stock (visual impairment...material design white...cannot read anything on white background)

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting about, if you have any more questions, hit me up.

Skid

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

is there a sprint LTE variant of the Nexus 9? or with the Nexus 9 on the Play Store be able to be activated on Sprint?

Well, we got a 32GB WiFi only for the whole family for Christmas, and it worked fine for almost exactly 24 hours.

Now it won't charge from any of my 20 or so cable and AC adapter combos and it won't turn on with any combination of holding down power and volume buttons for 30+ seconds. This kind of thing happened to both my Nexus 7 2012 and 2013, but I was able to revive both with the "plug in to PC for 15 minutes then disconnect for less than 10 seconds then plug back in" procedure, which didn't work on the Nexus 9.

Anyone have any experience with the Google RMA process? Unfortunately we are visiting the extended family several hundred miles from home all week, so I can't get the box or receipt until after Jan. 1st.

Well, we got a 32GB WiFi only for the whole family for Christmas, and it worked fine for almost exactly 24 hours.

Now it won't charge from any of my 20 or so cable and AC adapter combos and it won't turn on with any combination of holding down power and volume buttons for 30+ seconds. This kind of thing happened to both my Nexus 7 2012 and 2013, but I was able to revive both with the "plug in to PC for 15 minutes then disconnect for less than 10 seconds then plug back in" procedure, which didn't work on the Nexus 9.

Anyone have any experience with the Google RMA process? Unfortunately we are visiting the extended family several hundred miles from home all week, so I can't get the box or receipt until after Jan. 1st.

Edit: never mind about the return advice. Turns out it actually came from Amazon and their exchange process is pretty painless. Replacement is scheduled to arrive Jan. 7th. Sucks that we got a bad unit, but at least we can easily get a replacement.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't get the LTE nexus 9. The LTE version always gets stiffed when it comes to updates. Look at the LTE nexus 7 which is still waiting on lollipop. If you don't care about updates then android cellular tabs are fine. Also the mod community for cellular version s of android tabs are almost non existent. The only safe tablet for LTE and insured support is the iPad

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So has anyone actually got a nexus 9 lte on sprint?

If so how does it work?

it's on sale $379/32gig/lte @ http://www.expansys-usa.com/google-nexus-9-unlocked-lte-32gb-indigo-black-268547/

That model does not support Sprint's LTE Bands.  Even Google's Play store listing no longer lists it as Sprint compatible.  Sadly, I don't believe anyone has had success with using the N9 LTE on Sprint.  I picked up a Zing hotspot and just use that in the family SUV on road trips.