Karma Go

MarshieZ

interesting that the verge sees a time when home internet can be provided via wireless networks,  i don't really see that as a possibility or even a need, other than very rural areas without access to wire line internet.

You would be surprised how many important people think that day is coming.

- Trip

• Like 2

I mean sprint plans to substantially increase their amount of microwave back haul, so I do think wires/cables might go away as time goes on. There are many wireless ISPs in my city offering unlimited speeds of 50+Mbps over 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi, they're not traditional "mobile" carriers because they require mounted antennas, site surveys, etc, but the connection is "wireless"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

interesting that the verge sees a time when home internet can be provided via wireless networks,  i don't really see that as a possibility or even a need, other than very rural areas without access to wire line internet.

I live in an area where the large majority of internet users use a wireless network at home. It's just not your traditional wireless carrier. It's fixed wireless. However, there are too many using the service, and now, it's quite slow most of the time, and now there are data caps too. I can't wait for FTTH to come to my house this year.

• 5 weeks later...

Yup.  Saw that yesterday.  Shocking, just shocking that this "unlimited" plan shortly proved unsustainable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons

AJ

Yes, no one could have seen that coming.  :realitycheck:

I still do not understand why they did not just make slow unlimited data an extra cost add-on option to their new Pulse plans for use when the high-speed Pulse data has been used up.  Many people want their data to continue even at slow speed after they hit their cap.  That is just a way to make data caps not suck quite as much. 

Pulse is their new monthly plans where the user purchases 5GB/$40, 10GB/$75, 20GB/$140 and it renews each month. if you do not use all your high speed data, you are refunded the amount you did not use.

Yes, no one could have seen that coming.  :realitycheck:

I still do not understand why they did not just make slow unlimited data an extra cost add-on option to their new Pulse plans for use when the high-speed Pulse data has been used up.  Many people want their data to continue even at slow speed after they hit their cap.  That is just a way to make data caps not suck quite as much. 

Pulse is their new monthly plans where the user purchases 5GB/$40, 10GB/$75, 20GB/$140 and it renews each month. if you do not use all your high speed data, you are refunded the amount you did not use.

From the blog post it sounds like you only get refunded for the extra data you purchase that isn't used.

If you add extra data and don’t use it all, you’ll be credited the difference.

So the new plans seem like they're worse than Sprint's hotspot plans in almost every way.

From the blog post it sounds like you only get refunded for the extra data you purchase that isn't used.

So the new plans seem like they're worse than Sprint's hotspot plans in almost every way.

The way I understand, its just like Google's Fi model but with much better prices for data. It could be good for some users, it just isn't for me.

• Like 1

Sorry I have not been very active on the forums as of recent. These past couple weeks have been crazy with college and my business picking up.

As soon as I can go through everything and have time to, I will update the main page with plan changes and details.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated original post to reflect plan/information changes from Karma.

Updated original post to reflect plan/information changes from Karma.

You may want to update the section on Pulse to make it clear that Pulse is a monthly subscription "use it or lose it" to those data buckets.  Additional data can be purchased at $15 per 1GB if you run out of data in the pulse buckets.

• Like 1

You may want to update the section on Pulse to make it clear that Pulse is a monthly subscription "use it or lose it" to those data buckets.  Additional data can be purchased at $15 per 1GB if you run out of data in the pulse buckets.

Will do, I'll do a better a job at explaining that and update it later tonight.

For those of you who want more information on Karma's Pulse plan, click here.

Just got an email from Karma... as always if you're interested PM me and I can get you my referral code. 

GIVE $25, GET $25.

You’re the friend who has everything covered—and that means you’re the WiFi connection for your crew, whether you’re on a road trip or at your weekend AirBnb. You rule at sharing.

Take advantage. Now through Friday (3/25), every referral is worth $25, instead of $10. So, when your friends buy Karma, they’ll get $25 off, and you’ll get a $25 credit in your account for every referral. It’s a little reward for awesome sharers like you.

• 3 months later...

If you haven't used your Karma or don't have it turned on, be sure to do so. There was an OTA update that went out I believe yesterday!

• Like 1

I just purchased a Karma. The site says shipping July 25. Actually will be delivered tomorrow. Are there any settings that I need to look for?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Updated OP to reflect pricing and information changes.

My Karma still comes with me to every gig I do just as a backup, it's always been reliable. And while I'm not ecstatic about the new plan, it is a dollar cheaper than just buying 1 GB every month. So for what I use it for, it makes sense for me.

Any of you still use yours? Any members buy it since then?

I sent back mine after they took away unlimited.

Then I went to that old business unlimited hotspot, until that went away.

I bought an ipad mini 2 when it was on sale ridiculously cheap via sprint business

At some point my $50 iphone plan got changed to a $60 iphone plan + 3gig hotspot, so I just used that when needed.

After the unlimited tablet plan became available I get unlimited lte via ipad mini, and it comes with 10 gig hotspot for like 30$ (minus auto pay credits).

I waited forever for an ipad mini 5 but they didn't announce one at the last apple thing, so I recently upgraded to mini 4.

Aside from the additional cost for the tablet, the unlimited tablet plan is the best deal going if you use lots of (tablet) data.