New Lumia device (Windows?) incoming

atomic50

I picked up the Go Phone version of this phone the other week in case one of my kids breaks their phone. Paid $39.99 for it. Not a bad phone. It's only 512 RAM so you get some "resuming" and "loading". No double tap to wake or ambient light sensor but that's not the end of the world. Music player is still horrible despite a dozen updates. IE still needs work too. It crashes too easy. To be fair I'm running the Preview for Developer software.

The DP is the cause of the crashes, I am running stock 8.1 and the music player works great.

• 4 weeks later...

Now THAT is a good deal. How in the world are they making $ off that?

We currently sell a htc desire for 216, and the sharp, lg vigor and galaxy s 3 spark all for 240. If they can make those devices cheap enough to sell for those prices then 168 isn't really a stretch. Plus the phone just feels cheap when I've played with our demo. So I'm sure its production cost are low.
  • Like 2

We currently sell a htc desire for 216, and the sharp, lg vigor and galaxy s 3 spark all for 240. If they can make those devices cheap enough to sell for those prices then 168 isn't really a stretch. Plus the phone just feels cheap when I've played with our demo. So I'm sure its product cost are low.

It piqued my interest because it's cool to see wgie much fluff is in your smartphone vs how much is NEEDED to deliver a functional pgobe.

• 5 months later...

Is anyone actually using this phone?  i've always wanted to try WM for the heck of it, but would be too much of a downgrade from my Note 4 to even tinker with.

I was actually just in the Microsoft Store yesterday and played with it for a bit. The software really handled the low specs well and ran smoothly.

I've always been a fan of WM. I really hope Sprint picks up the the new flagship lumia 940. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've always been a fan of WM. I really hope Sprint picks up the the new flagship lumia 940. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

YES! That (XL version) and the Surface 3 LTE, both on Sprint, would absolutely make my day.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have a 635 running on RingPlus, was only $40 at Best Buy. FCC RF ratings are pretty good. No SignalCheck but I'll use the debug menu if I need to :)

Plus MS gives updates to anyone who wants it in their insider program, so I'm running v. 10.

B41 is 7-10 dB better than my Note 4.