iOS 8 Released

nobius

Needed almost 7 GB free (ouch) to download it. 

Downloading now...

Wow, 7GB!!!  I have a feeling that I will wait to utilize this until I get my new phone.  Many of the apps are not very compatible with iOS8.  I have seen a few apps that I have on my phone over the past two or three days say that they are updated to handle this. 

My wifi lagging issue appears to be completely gone. Threads are loading fast again and my messages aren't taking forever to send. Kudos to Apple.

Hopefully it stays working correctly

Edit: haha, even though it m getting a new phone in 1 day.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

If anyone (with iPhone 5s Model A1453 or A1533) is having trouble downloading the IPSW from Apple, I have it on my Google Drive which should yield better download speeds, I can share it with you if you would like. You can either PM me or reply to this post with an email you want it shared to. If you don't have these devices, you can request the version you want and I will upload it for you. Just wanted to throw it out there if anyone is having problems. :)

-Anthony

• Like 1

Downloading now through itunes for my ip5.  Total download size is 1.67gb.  I've read that if you do OTA, the files are MUCH MUCH larger.

Wifi at my clients office is horribly slow.   :(   "74 minutes remaining."

People on reddit say the GM has the exact same build number as the public release...they didn't make any changes?

The GM is the final version. Anything else that comes up that needs to be fixed will be done through 8.X.X (which we already know will happen to enable some features like continuity).

There are some differences in the iOS 8 GM and the one released today. For example the shazam feature in Siri doesn't work on the GM build for some reason. And some apps seem to be "unhappy" with GM but happy with today's version.

-Just tried again and I stand corrected. It does seem to be working. I read on Technobuffalo that it wasn't working and it didn't work the other day for me.

Edited by shawneyboy123

Why didn't the Beta conversation get changed to iOS8 Released and a new topic get created for the Yosemite beta?

Because they were a shared thread from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I thought with this release it would support sprints wifi calling, but doesnt look like it?  Bummer.

I wish Sprint would make a statement on it.  T-Mobile supports it now, while Verizon and AT&T will sometime in 2015.

• Like 2

I'll be downloading SwiftKey right away. Only thing I truly missed from my Android days.

I just got the email from SwiftKey saying it was available. Downloaded and it is awesome. It's what I missed about my Android the most. The predictive keyboard from Apple was good but not this good.
  • Like 1

My iPhone 5S is laggy in the Messages app and sometimes when switching between apps. Hope it's just an initial release thing and it will be fixed with an update. It's a 5S FFS, not a 4S. So far the OS seems like a marginal update (more of iOS 7.2 or Jelly Bean 4.2 in Android parlance), when new apps take better advantage of the new features hopefully it will be better. I may end up doing a DFU restore of iOS 8 rather than a wireless upgrade-in-place; that may resolve the lagginess I'm feeling.

Swype makes it difficult to switch to the Emoji keyboard. Disappointing. Probably will disable it. Too bad the App Store doesn't do refunds.

• Like 1

ios 8 is so encrypted that Apple couldn't turn over user data even if presented with a warrant from law enforcement.

http://gizmodo.com/apple-wont-turn-over-your-phones-data-to-police-if-your-1636197341?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

That is on device data. Icloud is still fair game to law enforcement. Still a good thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk