Sharp AQUOS Crystal User Thread

COZisBack

And the Sharp AQUOS Crystal was taken off the Sprint webpage today. I'll be surprised if it shows back up, but until then, RIP.

No CA. It's past its prime. C'est la vie!

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

And the Sharp AQUOS Crystal was taken off the Sprint webpage today. I'll be surprised if it shows back up, but until then, RIP.

Meh.  It was always a cheap, plastic handset.  And only a one off Sharp handset on Sprint was not enough to gain any brand name recognition in this market.

AJ

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I want to buy one of these to play around with but I keep finding postpaid Sprint ones online (like ebay)? As far as I know, you can't activate the prepaid version on postpaid. How can I find the postpaid version?

I think the Sharp Aquos is pretty much dead and gone. I'm not sure of this, but I think it wasn't even a tri-band "Spark" -capable device, which basically every device now made for Sprint is capable of.

I really liked the look of the Aquos though, and am disappointed there wasn't a proper followup made for the Sprint network. I think Sharp has taken a dive though since, as they've sold their U.S. television division to HiSense, a Chinese company that makes cheap budget televisions that compete with other, arguably better Chinese companies selling budget televisions, such as LeEco/Vizio, among others that are more established.

I think the Sharp Aquos is pretty much dead and gone. I'm not sure of this, but I think it wasn't even a tri-band "Spark" -capable device, which basically every device now made for Sprint is capable of.

I really liked the look of the Aquos though, and am disappointed there wasn't a proper followup made for the Sprint network. I think Sharp has taken a dive though since, as they've sold their U.S. television division to HiSense, a Chinese company that makes cheap budget televisions that compete with other, arguably better Chinese companies selling budget televisions, such as LeEco/Vizio, among others that are more established.

It was a Spark device. Mediocre experience though, I picked one up for a week then returned it.

• Like 1

It was a Spark device. Mediocre experience though, I picked one up for a week then returned it.

Hmm... Perhaps I was thinking about it not having carrier aggregation. I know when I had Sprint during one of the few trial periods, I briefly considered getting the Sharp Aquos, but I didn't want a device that wasn't capable of carrier aggregation.