Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

I need help with wifi calling. I am abroad right now. And i have activated wifi calling on my account and have it correctly setup on my phone. I wven have the handset and signal level icon on left top of the screen. Whenever i try to make a call, as soon as click on dial button, call screen turns orange and "wifi call ended".

Any suggestion on how to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't the phone check to make sure you are within Sprint's territory before allowing you to make a call?

Doesn't the phone check to make sure you are within Sprint's territory before allowing you to make a call?

Not anymore. They changed it a couple months ago to allow calling from international locations back to the US.

As far as the problem goes, I'm wondering if maybe it first needs to be setup in the US before being used abroad. From your description, it appears the first time you tried it was from abroad.

The other thing is I remember reading that it would work in like 100 countries but I never saw a list of which ones were OK and which were not. You may possibly be in a country where it doesn't work.

Sent from my Note 4.

No. Sprint clearly states that international wifi calling being available here (south korea, not on unavail list). It does not require that the location have sprint service. Wifi calling is to use sprint service at a location where you have weak sprint signal or none at all.

They only have a list of countries where you are unable to use it. As far as activation, yes i have activated it abroad. I will call them up to find out if they can get this setup for me.

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off just the 3G? Leaving everything else on? So all bands LTE and 1x only. Definitely not as good at keeping LTE at work as my Note 3 did. The wifi at work blows. Seems the signal is the same between the two when I compare side by side. The Note 4 drops out to 3G a lot sooner than my 3 does @ -111ish.

No. Sprint clearly states that international wifi calling being available here (south korea, not on unavail list). It does not require that the location have sprint service. Wifi calling is to use sprint service at a location where you have weak sprint signal or none at all.

They only have a list of countries where you are unable to use it. As far as activation, yes i have activated it abroad. I will call them up to find out if they can get this setup for me.

N. Korea is on the no Wi-Fi calling list - maybe your GPS thinks it is in the DMZ?

N. Korea is on the no Wi-Fi calling list - maybe your GPS thinks it is in the DMZ?

No. when i use locate me to enter the address, it gets the correct location from gps (Seoul).

I just found out that i am able to receive a call on wifi. But unable to make outbound call. Is there a certain dialing pattern im supposed to use when making a call on wifi from abroad?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-380-cellular-cornucopia-a-sort-of-sprint-holiday-shopping-guide/

If you want to feel better about the N4 not having CA unlike the Edge, "note" the Edge has 2-3 db worse reception (EDIT: transmission) (and the N4 is not anything that special in that regard in the first place)

With that being said, how are other users feeling the B41 reception is?  It doesn't seem that strong to me, though I'm not in a developed B41 market.  I'm hoping that improves a bit in the future with firmware.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-380-cellular-cornucopia-a-sort-of-sprint-holiday-shopping-guide/

If you want to feel better about the N4 not having CA unlike the Edge, "note" the Edge has 2-3 db worse reception (and the N4 is not anything that special in that regard in the first place)

Transmission, not reception.

AJ

• Like 1

Purely anecdotal comparisons here: I carry my Zing around with my new N4 and

comparing both in identical locations I've found that the N4 is 3-5 db down from the

Zing ( a known RF beast of a performer IMHO); most of my comparisons have been for B25;

B41 where I've connected the Zing & N4 seem comprable; so for me the new N4 is a

solid RF performer way better than any other smartphone that I have owned..

• Like 1

No. when i use locate me to enter the address, it gets the correct location from gps (Seoul).

I just found out that i am able to receive a call on wifi. But unable to make outbound call. Is there a certain dialing pattern im supposed to use when making a call on wifi from abroad?

I was just joking. If you can receive calls but can't dial out, perhaps you aren't including the area and country code in the number? In the past, when I was in some roaming areas, phone numbers that worked for me wouldn't dial out because I didn't explicitly have the 1-XXX (XXX being the area code I live in and was calling to), but they all worked fine when I was out of my area code but still on network. Since then, I've always included area code when I save a phone number in my phone book. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/general/lte-3g-dropping-issue-fix-t2937387/post56690365#post56690365

Interesting thread on XDA about someone having LTE dropping issues being fixed with a new SIM.  Is this possible? (or is it like the phantom oh my service was different after a PRL update)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/general/lte-3g-dropping-issue-fix-t2937387/post56690365#post56690365

Interesting thread on XDA about someone having LTE dropping issues being fixed with a new SIM. Is this possible? (or is it like the phantom oh my service was different after a PRL update)

It's not a phantom. It's possible to have a bad SIM. Every case is different though.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I need help with wifi calling. I am abroad right now. And i have activated wifi calling on my account and have it correctly setup on my phone. I wven have the handset and signal level icon on left top of the screen. Whenever i try to make a call, as soon as click on dial button, call screen turns orange and "wifi call ended".

Any suggestion on how to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe try downloading the google hangouts dialer from the playstore and make calls using that for now? You might have to dial +1 then the phone number for it to work.

• Like 1

I got the Note 4 a couple of days after it was released when a BB preorder didn't pick it up. I generally love the phone but here is what I am finding.

* The fingerprint scanner works but not for my thumbprint

* The battery life seems better that my Note 2 when it was new.

* Wifi calling is great but I occasionally have issues with IVR systems recognizing keystrokes.

* Even with lots of ram I have seen the google search lockup when inputing a text string

* Though I can now pick up Spark in some parts of the Salt Lake area those areas are small and coverage hasn't improved and speeds in most areas is unchanged.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Quick question, which plant made your Note 4?   Both my original  (bad fingerprint scanner) and replacement were produced in Vietnam.   I understand there were three plants - South Korea, China and Vietnam.  Wondering if the Sprint batch were all in Vietnam or if we have a variety.

Quick question, which plant made your Note 4?   Both my original  (bad fingerprint scanner) and replacement were produced in Vietnam.   I understand there were three plants - South Korea, China and Vietnam.  Wondering if the Sprint batch were all in Vietnam or if we have a variety.

Vietnam here

You guys should consider calling the short hand version of the Note 4 as the GN4. To me the Nexus 4 is the N4. And the N5 is definitely synonymous with the Nexus 5.

You may be able to get away with N4 nomenclature now because the Nexus 4 was not a very mainstream device and it wasn't ever on Sprint. But given the popularity of the Nexus 5, especially among S4GRU members, referring to the next Note 5 as the N5 will cause mass confusion. So you might as well make a course correction and call the Note 4 as the GN4.

Just a suggestion. But I will constantly blast people who refer to the future Note 5 as the N5, because the precedent has already been set.

• Like 4

You guys should consider calling the short hand version of the Note 4 as the GN4. To me the Nexus 4 is the N4. And the N5 is definitely synonymous with the Nexus 5.

You may be able to get away with N4 nomenclature now because the Nexus 4 was not a very mainstream device and it wasn't ever on Sprint. But given the popularity of the Nexus 5, especially among S4GRU members, referring to the next Note 5 as the N5 will cause mass confusion. So you might as well make a course correction and call the Note 4 as the GN4.

Just a suggestion. But I will constantly blast people who refer ton the future Note 5 as the N5, because the precedent has already been set.

I have been [emoji6] even when tweeting sprint care and they know what device I'm referring to.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk