Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

Same here note 7. Havent had a new phone in two years. Someone took the upgrade on my line last year so im taking theirs this year ????

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it sounds like the Note 7 will be released early this year so those who pre-ordered the 4 two years ago will have to wait. May miss out on any pre order specials. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately it sounds like the Note 7 will be released early this year so those who pre-ordered the 4 two years ago will have to wait. May miss out on any pre order specials. :(

Yep. I am considering adding a line and picking the Note 7 that way. Although the gear fit is of no interest to me. The 256GB sd card would be nice but I would rather have a faster card than they are offering so the promo may not really justify this one. The $200 Best Buy card on the spot last time was great. Oh well. Maybe I will hold off and see what the consensus is on the performance rather than be an early adopter this go around.

So I logged into my account just now and saw that Sprint is saying I am upgrade eligible.  This surprises me since I still have 9 more lease payments left on my note 4.  Is Sprint doing this for old Note users?  Anybody else get a surprise upgrade eligibility?

So I logged into my account just now and saw that Sprint is saying I am upgrade eligible. This surprises me since I still have 9 more lease payments left on my note 4. Is Sprint doing this for old Note users? Anybody else get a surprise upgrade eligibility?

I think since you are on a lease already you can just turn it in and start the new lease. I am not on a lease and don't reach the 2 years til Oct but I still have the option to start a 24 month payment plan or a lease.

I think since you are on a lease already you can just turn it in and start the new lease. I am not on a lease and don't reach the 2 years til Oct but I still have the option to start a 24 month payment plan or a lease.

I know that at the end of the lease I can turn it in and get a new phone or pay off the remaining balance and keep the phone.  I didn't think they let you turn it in early.  I was wondering if they were running some kind of promotion. 

I know that at the end of the lease I can turn it in and get a new phone or pay off the remaining balance and keep the phone. I didn't think they let you turn it in early. I was wondering if they were running some kind of promotion.

I know they used to let you upgrade after 20 months so you were locking into a new contract with out being able to leave. I don't know if it is a promotion or not but my line has been showing that I can switch to a lease only for several months now. I thought they were just enticing people into leases.

Received the July security update on my phone today.  Do an update check and see if it shows up for you.  Nothing else noted beyond the usual "update may contain additional bug fixes...", etc. 

Received the July security update on my phone today. Do an update check and see if it shows up for you. Nothing else noted beyond the usual "update may contain additional bug fixes...", etc.

d6ffef4449a17ef93d63554259c0dc83.jpg

Correct

• 1 month later...

New update showed up on my phone. Downloading now. Expecting it to be the August security patch. 

Update:

The update is now installed and it looks like Samsung just skipped the August patch and went straight to September's.  My phone is now showing a Security Patch Level of September 1, 2016.  Don't know what else came along for the ride though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

New update showed up on my phone. Downloading now. Expecting it to be the August security patch.

Update:

The update is now installed and it looks like Samsung just skipped the August patch and went straight to September's. My phone is now showing a Security Patch Level of September 1, 2016. Don't know what else came along for the ride though.

Did you get the new Samsung Cloud option? The N910C got it with the Sept security update?.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

If there's anyone on the Note 4 left besides me, here's some news.  Another update is coming down the pipe. It's 370mb in size. Assuming its the October security update.  

Just recently my N4 has been informing me that I have "weak charging" - my phone draining faster than the phone can charge.  I'v tried a new battery, but that hasn't worked.  I've stopped using FB Messenger as that was a battery hog.

Is it possible that the software update introduce some bloatware that is using up my resources?  Never had this problem before.  Or is it likely that it is just an old phone that needs a repair?

Just recently my N4 has been informing me that I have "weak charging" - my phone draining faster than the phone can charge.  I'v tried a new battery, but that hasn't worked.  I've stopped using FB Messenger as that was a battery hog.

Is it possible that the software update introduce some bloatware that is using up my resources?  Never had this problem before.  Or is it likely that it is just an old phone that needs a repair?

I can't say I've ever gotten that specific message before.  Does it give you the message with any charger you try to use or is it one specific charger? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A bit late on this.  The December security update came down the pipe the week between Christmas and New Years.  If it hasn't popped up automatically check for it manually. 

• 2 weeks later...

My Not 4 just died on me. I feel lost with out it. Sprint gave me th N5 they didnt have anymore N4's. I hate the n5.  You cant multitask while talking on the phone, know SD card,  couldn't fit what i had in my n4 to n5. Anyone here something about Note 8 coming out soon??

My Not 4 just died on me. I feel lost with out it. Sprint gave me th N5 they didnt have anymore N4's. I hate the n5. You cant multitask while talking on the phone, know SD card, couldn't fit what i had in my n4 to n5. Anyone here something about Note 8 coming out soon??

Probably sometime between Aug and Oct, as they have the past few years.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk