Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

I have, but it's pretty limited where it can be used right now. You can delete a card anytime you want.

Sent from my Note 4

Sweet thanks, I'm tempted to go up to a note 5 but I'm kinda waiting to see if sprint is gonna carry the priv. I've heard that samsung pay works at a lot more places because it uses something that virtualize the card swipe. If that works with them would android pay support it with a update?

Sent from a Note 4

Sweet thanks, I'm tempted to go up to a note 5 but I'm kinda waiting to see if sprint is gonna carry the priv. I've heard that samsung pay works at a lot more places because it uses something that virtualize the card swipe. If that works with them would android pay support it with a update?

Sent from a Note 4

You mean the virtual credit card swipe? If so, then no. Samsung Pay uses technology Samsung acquired from a company called LoopPay. It requires that hardware be integrated into the device. That's why it only works on the Galaxy s6 and higher. 

Well only reason I've thought about upgrading is my note 4 is getting sluggish sometime, gps drops sometimes, and the screen dosent wake when I get a call every so often. I've done a few hard resets and battery pulls, and sprint said they can't give me a refurbished since they say it's software relates so yay me. I'll see what happens though

Sent from a Note 4

Well only reason I've thought about upgrading is my note 4 is getting sluggish sometime, gps drops sometimes, and the screen dosent wake when I get a call every so often. I've done a few hard resets and battery pulls, and sprint said they can't give me a refurbished since they say it's software relates so yay me. I'll see what happens though

Sent from a Note 4

Have you done a factory reset? I had some of those same issues until I did a factory reset.

Sent from my Note 4

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed on the latest update the the phone seems to drop to 3g more often and stay there unless you toggle airplane mode to reconnect back at 4G?  Done the PRL and update  routines still no change

Have you done a factory reset? I had some of those same issues until I did a factory reset.

Sent from my Note 4

no more refurbish . I got upgrade note 5 and 10 times better than note 4

Has anyone else noticed on the latest update the the phone seems to drop to 3g more often and stay there unless you toggle airplane mode to reconnect back at 4G?  Done the PRL and update  routines still no change

Sometimes if you are using an app it'll stick on 3G like Google Maps seems to do this.  However, I have noticed this a couple of times over the last week where I drop to 3G where I normally don't and need to airplane mode.

Was there a PRL update in the past week or two? My Note 4 reception has gone to crap, and it keeps dropping into roaming. Roaming... in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. It was very rare that would happen in DFW. Now, it frequently happens, like I'm driving out in the country.

The worst part is the OS bug which ignores the roam guard setting. I have it turned off, and the phone still pops up the roam guard warning screen. Click "Don't show this again." and OK and it keeps coming back again and again.

I did a PRL Update, profile update and restarted the phone. No change.

Was there a PRL update in the past week or two? My Note 4 reception has gone to crap, and it keeps dropping into roaming. Roaming... in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. It was very rare that would happen in DFW. Now, it frequently happens, like I'm driving out in the country.

The worst part is the OS bug which ignores the roam guard setting. I have it turned off, and the phone still pops up the roam guard warning screen. Click "Don't show this again." and OK and it keeps coming back again and again.

I did a PRL Update, profile update and restarted the phone. No change.

I haven't had any issues here, but I'm in another market (Shentel). You may want to post this in your market thread too, if you haven't done so already. There's a chance it could be a market problem and not an issue everywhere.

Sent from my Note 4

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone having issues where the phone cuts off and won't start back until I pull the battery? Also the 4 pins that contact the battery. Are they suppose to be the same length or staggered 2 are the same 1 is slightly shorter and the last one is the shortest.

Sent from a Note 4

Anyone having issues where the phone cuts off and won't start back until I pull the battery? Also the 4 pins that contact the battery. Are they suppose to be the same length or staggered 2 are the same 1 is slightly shorter and the last one is the shortest.

Sent from a Note 4

All my pins are the same length. I have not had any issues with the phone locking up, at least not since the 5.1 update.

Sent from my Note 4

Will there be any software updates for the Sprint Note 4 to remove Spark startup screen and the spinning walmart like icon?

From what I've read, Samsung is still going to update the Note 4, at least to 6.0. That may be the last major update though as the phone is 16 months old now.

Sent from my Note 4

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like a legit document, but keep in mind the 910G is one of the international variants, not the Sprint model. Sprint's (910P) will likely get Marshmallow after that version. If April is when the update will start rolling out, it likely could be May/June, at the earliest, before Sprint's variant gets the update.

It seems like a legit document, but keep in mind the 910G is one of the international variants, not the Sprint model. Sprint's (910P) will likely get Marshmallow after that version. If April is when the update will start rolling out, it likely could be May/June, at the earliest, before Sprint's variant gets the update.

Samsung should be ashamed that it takes them 6-9 months to push out a update. There security updates are also a joke. We are still on the November build.

• 3 weeks later...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/development/romleakmm-sm-n910p-touchwiz-marshmallow-t3327350

Marshmallow 6.01 beta has been leaked on XDA. Looks official. I'm not going to install since I'm not sure if that will cause an issue when the final release comes, but there's some eye candy in the meantime :)

As expected the Wal-Mart Spark spinner is gone!

In fact it sounds buggy so I wouldn't recommend it.

• Like 1

F

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/development/romleakmm-sm-n910p-touchwiz-marshmallow-t3327350

Marshmallow 6.01 beta has been leaked on XDA. Looks official. I'm not going to install since I'm not sure if that will cause an issue when the final release comes, but there's some eye candy in the meantime :)

As expected the Wal-Mart Spark spinner is gone!

In fact it sounds buggy so I wouldn't recommend it

Finally. Hope this leads to an update soon.