Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

Based on todays 11.5 hour usage. Phone is definitely working better, at least the apps that i use frequently. As far as battery goes, i am left with 22% after 11.5 hour usuage. 2 gmail, 1 exchange emails synching heavily throughout the day. Watched video for about 2 hours. Game playing for 1.5 hours. And about 1 hour gps/map usage. I have to say i am more than pleased with the update.

I love how switching between app is so much quicker.

I just hope that this doesnt turn out like the last update. Things were great for me for first few weeks, and then i started having reboot issue.. keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ram usage at only 1.3GB after clearing everything! That's lower than its ever been on this phone. I'm fully stock non rooted (first time in years).

I noticed it was lower too. That's definitely a good thing.

Sent from my Note 4.

The phone seems much more snappier than before. Will need to use it through out the day to have a valid opinion on the update. But so far so good.

Agreed!  As much as I hated the 5.0.1 update (I won't use the term upgrade, as it wasn't, for me), they really seem to have gotten it right, this time!  Admittedly, I have not used it for very long, yet.  Still, the difference is night and day, performance-wise.  I honestly think it is even faster than 4.4.4 in some ways.  This is how Lollipop should be!

• Like 2

Is anyone having more WiFi calling disconnections after the update? It seems to reconnect after telling it to do so.

Its the same like it was last month. Was good for the first 2 days of aug and back to square one.

Just noticed this when i went to send a mms from gallery. Is this something that came with the update? Couldnt find any info. Shows up after i choose to send picture as a message.

fa4ee80e903956fcbe2ec639f204f449.jpg

EDIT:

Looks like its related to the enhanced messaging option in messages app.

I haven't seen it. I've sent probably 10 pics since the update l, although while changing a option I seen a setting for "enhanced messaging" I think it might me a samsung version of imessage

Sent from a Note 4

Kinda odd when it comes up as freemessage but cant do anything. The samsung service is called simpleshare. Up to 1gb files which is neet to text a full resolution photo

Sammobile report sprint is rolling out the android 5.1.1 update.  Anyone got the change log? I wonder if it fix the bluetooth problem my wife is experiencing

You are kind of late to this one.  The 5.1.1 update started rolling out more than a week ago.  But for the record I can't say I've noticed any bluetooth problems afterwards. 

Here's the changelog:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB79435-dvc8470003prd#!/

Has anyone had the issue, since the last update, of the phone randomly locking? Not like freezing up. I'll unlock the phone and am using it and it will randomly go back to the lock screen. It done it soon after the update so I power it off and back on and it seemed to fix it for a few days to a week and now it's doing it again, it happens about once to 3 times a day give or take some. I've pulled the battery and let it sit for 30 minutes and have done a complete reset of the phone also. Just really annoying bug.

Sent from a Note 4

I have not had that issue my issue is ever since to 5.1.1 update I get this where I turn on my lock screen and my notification panel are like at the bottom of the screen where I usually swipe and then so I swipe open to unlock and it unlocks but those notification panels will stay on the screen for a few seconds more until I try to move on or something really weird it's happened a few times since the update.

I have a similar problem where i can't turn my phone on and get to the lockscreen sometimes.  If I'm in power saving mode I can turn on and unlock my phone maybe 1 of 10 times.  It seems to happen more when the battery gets lower, but that may be just random.  It's driving me nuts.

the 5.1 update did not fix my wife's problem with Bluetooth not working (call not routing through BT) when making a call even when a BT headset is connected. (however manually pushing the BT button to switch audio output in the dialing app would work)

Someone asked a coupe pages back but never got an answer. Having the same issue. I have signalcheck in the status bar and am perfectly fine with it being there. I don't need it to be on the lock screen. How the hell do I get it off of there?!

Someone asked a coupe pages back but never got an answer. Having the same issue. I have signalcheck in the status bar and am perfectly fine with it being there. I don't need it to be on the lock screen. How the hell do I get it off of there?!

If its in the notification bar. It wil be on the lockscreen as well unless you disable the notification icon completely

Well damn. That's kind of a pain in the ass.

Any way to get it to show more than 2 notifications at the same time on the lock screen? It does the first two with the box under it.

Being on ios for awhile has made me terrible with Android.

post-45749-144015377275_thumb.pngpost-45749-144015378473_thumb.png

But now will I see my normal notifications that I want to see like messages and emails? I would think turning that all the way off would shut them all off.

Have you asked in the signal check thread? Mike is pretty good about responding to questions?

I have not yet but I will. I figured I'd ask here first since you guys have the phone and its more specific to this than a general quesiton on the app.

I dont know if its because I have the old demo from the store I work at but battery life seems pretty terrible on this. I unplugged at 7:15 and am now at 54% with an hour or so of streaming music, some texts and a 20 min phone call. I'm used to IOS which is normally thought of to be bad but this is beating my IP6 out.

Sorry for the rant-ish sounding post. Just wonder what I'm missing. I had android a year or so ago so I'm still familiar with it but nothing was ever quite this bad.

Latest issue I've been having is I have to push the home/power button 5 to 10 times to wake the screen, it will come one for a tenth of a second then go right back out. I've pulled the battery and multiple restarts and still dose it. Not all the time but when it dose it is aggravating.

Sent from a Note 4