Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

After having the Note 4 for almost a month, and experiencing all 3 bands of LTE, Roaming, and Native service 1x and 1x800, here are a few things I notice:

- This phone likes to hang onto smoke signals when roaming.  For instance, my drive to work consists of roaming on Verizon, then US Cellular.  For some reason, it likes to hang onto US Cellular (makes sense PRL wise since US Cellular is on a higher priority than Verizon), however, the US Cellular signal is unusable.  The signal strength is usually -105 dbm at this point, and the Ec/Io is between -20 and -30, way beyond the usable range.  I have to cycle airplane mode to get it to switch to Verizon.

- Another issue I have is voice quality is worse on this device compared to my Note II.  This is especially noticeable on 1x800.  The signal will be all over the place, and I drop calls more often. 

- The battery life is excellent, and a good step above my Note II. 

Also, which PRL would be good to use for this device?  I tried flashing a few, but it won't take any of the 65xxx PRL's.  I'm currently using 56014, as that is the only one that the phone will accept.  Any ideas?

Overall, it's an awesome device, but the annoyances with hanging on a unusable signal and terrible 1x800 call quality are degrading my experience with the device.  Hopefully this can be corrected with later software updates.  :P

After having the Note 4 for almost a month, and experiencing all 3 bands of LTE, Roaming, and Native service 1x and 1x800, here are a few things I notice:

- This phone likes to hang onto smoke signals when roaming. For instance, my drive to work consists of roaming on Verizon, then US Cellular. For some reason, it likes to hang onto US Cellular (makes sense PRL wise since US Cellular is on a higher priority than Verizon), however, the US Cellular signal is unusable. The signal strength is usually -105 dbm at this point, and the Ec/Io is between -20 and -30, way beyond the usable range. I have to cycle airplane mode to get it to switch to Verizon.

- Another issue I have is voice quality is worse on this device compared to my Note II. This is especially noticeable on 1x800. The signal will be all over the place, and I drop calls more often.

Also, which PRL would be good to use for this device? I tried flashing a few, but it won't take any of the 65xxx PRL's. I'm currently using 56014, as that is the only one that the phone will accept. Any ideas?

Overall, it's an awesome device, but the annoyances with hanging on a unusable signal and terrible 1x800 call quality are degrading my experience with the device. Hopefully this can be corrected with later software updates. :P

How are you changing prls?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

By using the method described a few pages back in this thread, with DFS.

I have 513 from digiblur that worked awesome on gn2 in this market? If you want to try it pm me your email.

- Another issue I have is voice quality is worse on this device compared to my Note II. This is especially noticeable on 1x800. The signal will be all over the place, and I drop calls more often.

Overall, it's an awesome device, but the annoyances with hanging on a unusable signal and terrible 1x800 call quality are degrading my experience with the device. Hopefully this can be corrected with later software updates. :P

My GN4 seems to like 1x800 as well. I'm on it almost all the time according to signal check. I've not had any voice issues at all. I've even been connecting to HD voice about half the time to known Sprint subscribers with HD voice compatible devices. It could be an issue with your phone or the local towers.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

I have 513 from digiblur that worked awesome on gn2 in this market? If you want to try it pm me your email.

Thanks for the offer, I have that one already.  I tried to flash it, but the phone remains on 55021.  If I flash 56014, it takes it just fine.

My GN4 seems to like 1x800 as well. I'm on it almost all the time according to signal check. I've not had any voice issues at all. I've even been connecting to HD voice about half the time to known Sprint subscribers with HD voice compatible devices. It could be an issue with your phone or the local towers.

Sent from my Note 4.

I always have HD if I talk to someone with a capable device.  I've had good results with the HD every time.  I wonder if it could be my device.  Hopefully not and it's just a network issue.  We shall see.

- Another issue I have is voice quality is worse on this device compared to my Note II.  This is especially noticeable on 1x800.  The signal will be all over the place, and I drop calls more often. 

I've also had the Note 4 for about a month:

1) Using wi-fi calling I've never experienced voice quality like I get now...never..it is utterly

superb and I notice this profoundly because of my hearing loss issues..I know, it's not the

same environment you mention  (we don't have 1x800 hear yet) but still I feel advances

have been made in audio reproduction and transmission both by Sprint & Samsung

2) Not having all the bands yet (25 41 26) I can't relate to how well this beast picks & chooses;

seems like it favors low signal B41 to medium to good signal 25 where I do have both

competing bands..no band 26 here

3)For the punch this guy carries around I think the battery life is killer!  I freely admit I'm on wifi a lot

so I'm not getting the drain you get from using the on-board radios but I do a lot with the graphics

and camera so this uses a lot of juice as I love the Quad HD screen..I can't bear to turn the

crisp display down..the camera on this guy is just plain awesome..

Stay tuned..your mileage may & will vary

Ah that sucks I was going to try that one soon. I was awesome on my gn2

Yeah, I know...ugh lol.  The 56014 works just fine, 3G roaming and such, but when on 1x800, it shows that my phone is roaming.  If I recall, Digi set it that way on purpose.  I just need to find one that doesn't show roaming while on 1x800 that the phone will accept.

Yeah, I know...ugh lol. The 56014 works just fine, 3G roaming and such, but when on 1x800, it shows that my phone is roaming. If I recall, Digi set it that way on purpose. I just need to find one that doesn't show roaming while on 1x800.

Once I got 513 I never looked back. It was awesome here in Utah. However I tried it in AZ in the spring and it was horrible. I'll have to start looking into these now as voice performance is sub par and I rarely get on 1x800 with current prl.

• Like 1

In the service mode screen, I assume that CA - Disabled will eventually go enabled when carrier aggregation has been rolled out.

Nope the gn4 doesn't have the capable hardware.

The GN4 should have a Cat 4 Modem allowing up to 2 aggregated streams. I saw somewhere where they were going to upgrade their network with 20x20 by the end of next year. The GN5 should have a Cat 6 modem for up to 5 streams. I would think it would be a simple OTA that will enable LTE Agg.

The GN4 should have a Cat 4 Modem allowing up to 2 aggregated streams. I saw somewhere where they were going to upgrade their network with 20x20 by the end of next year. The GN5 should have a Cat 6 modem for up to 5 streams. I would think it would be a simple OTA that will enable LTE Agg.

Sorry but it doesn't it's been discussed already and verified that the sprint versions cat 4 modem doesn't support CA.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard if Samsung will sell a car charger with adaptive fast charging? There's nothing on their website yet. That seems to be where it would be nice for me. When I charge at home, it has all night to charge. No need for it to be quick.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 3

http://smile.amazon.com/Getwow-Qualcomm®-Certified-Charger-Adapter/dp/B00Q0WTOXQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1417010062&sr=8-7&keywords=quick+charge+qualcomm&pebp=1417010081807

Cheap option coming?

Also home charger:

http://smile.amazon.com/Getwow-Qualcomm-Certified-Charger-Adapter/dp/B00Q0WM8KC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_cps_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=19350N2AVWC8CBAZ0S4R

I will say the only review for the car charger is an obvious paid-for review (it isn't even out yet and it is getting praise, even saying the glossy look makes it look expensive?!?  puhleez)

• Like 1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56470951&postcount=62

Those of you who want your MSL, you can install this utility, and it works even without root. (I did have to reboot after installing for it to read the MSL for some reason)

Worked fine no reboot needed! Thank you!

didn't work on my LG g2

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The utility does say for Samsung phones, so likely there's something unique to Samsung.  Others have stated customer service will give it to you without reason sometimes.