Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

I went to the Sprint store this afternoon to actually try out the Sharp Aquos and long story short ended up with the Note 4. I was surprised they had any since I thought there were shortages. Couldn't connect to an LTE signal at all at work while my Mega did. I had to call in to get it fixed. A few minutes later, it was working. 

So far I love it.

TS

• Like 3

I went to the Sprint store this afternoon to actually try out the Sharp Aquos and long story short ended up with the Note 4. I was surprised they had any since I thought there were shortages. Couldn't connect to an LTE signal at all at work while my Mega did. I had to call in to get it fixed. A few minutes later, it was working.

So far I love it.

TS

Congrats! How did they fix it? I'm having a very hard time connecting to lte also...my nexus 5 just stays connected to lte all the time even on the train

Nope...but I don't do a lot of video streaming and/or long voice calls...what were

you doing with the Note 4 when you noticed the warmth?

A bunch of things! Lol I've noticed it a few times but haven't had it long enough to narrow it down yet. If I do figure it out I'll post what I figure out.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Edit I have done a few lengthy voice calls and it was fine with that.

90% of the time my Note 4 is on wi-fi and the radios are inactive; either home wi-fi or via my Zing when I travel..could be

that the Note 4 radios are adding heat especially if they are cycling trying to lock to this or that RF band..

just a thought..as I said my Note 4 rarely uses the on-board radios

90% of the time my Note 4 is on wi-fi and the radios are inactive; either home wi-fi or via my Zing when I travel..could be

that the Note 4 radios are adding heat especially if they are cycling trying to lock to this or that RF band..

just a thought..as I said my Note 4 rarely uses the on-board radios

Not sure it seems to park on band 25 where I'm at (work) I'll keep an eye on it though and see if it jumps around when out and about. Other than that though nice upgrade from the gn2 very happy!

So I got an email from BB today that my Note 4 was in. I show up with my $50 preorder GC and Wimax Evo. They accepted it with no issues and applied the $200 toward the phone. Everything is going well until activation time. The Sprint provisioning server is down so they can't complete the activation. BB calls their Sprint tech contact who states since the phone can make calls (but not receive any) and connect to the internet, there is nothing else that can be done. Once the server is back up, the activation will be completed from the phone. So here I am with half a phone.

I had the same issue activating mine. But I am receiving calls now so it seems to be fixed. One of the BB employees when I was there was also having trouble activating a Virgin phone so it must have been affecting Sprint's prepaid brands too.

I'm liking the phone so far after a few hours with it. There's no B26 or B41 near me so the LTE connectivity right now is the same as my single-band S4, but the Spark will come handy when I travel. Fingerprint scanner is working well for me when unlocking the phone. Still trying to figure out some of the features that weren't on the S4. Well worth the $50 I paid for the phone after trading in my Evo 3D and using some other gift cards I had.

Congrats! How did they fix it? I'm having a very hard time connecting to lte also...my nexus 5 just stays connected to lte all the time even on the train

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, I was out all day.

She had me do a reprovisioning by having me enter the ##72786# code and it took about a minute then rebooted and everything worked. Just make sure that you are not on WiFi.

TS

• Like 1

Well as of this moment it is 2 1/2 days with the Note 4 and I have to say it is really really nice. Although I knew it was nice since I had about an hour of hands time with it and the Note Edge in Best Buy earlier in the month. But an hours time of hands on use is totally different than when one uses it as a daily driver. That is when one can really appreciate the device in full force.

I had to skipped the Note 3 last year since it wasn't tri-band and went for the Mega. But while I love the screen size of the Mega, I really missed the S-Pen. So my only comparison of the Note 4 was with the Note 2 I previously had and this Note totally blows it away. (The same with the Mega).

Day 1

As I mentioned earlier in a post, I couldn't connect to LTE from the get go. The Mega was connecting fine. So I had to reprovision the device on the orders of Sprint customer care. After that it worked fine. 

I played around with the settings and features and there are way to many to take in at once, but in a way i am glad they are there in case I need them. Touchwiz (while I never really had an issue with it) seems fine. Although I am not sure if I like the new colors. Haven't noticed any lag even though new Samsung phones don't lag until you start adding too much stuff. So far, I've been adding non-root apps and no issues. I left it off the charger overnight to see how much i would lose by morning. I love that I can remove a ton of apps without root. Taking pictures is neat even though I forgot to take the plastic cover on the rear lens until later at night.

Day2

Battery life is surprising good. I had set the WhiteNoise app (that plays sounds to make me go to sleep) all night and in the morning I had still 90 %. After going for a day on stock, I decided to root the device and that went quick. I then started to add my root apps, (signal check pro, titanium backup, xposed and wanam, etc etc). It was then that I noticed a massive lag when choosing the app drawer. Everythng else was fine. Come to find out that it was the battery setting in wanam that was causing it. After reinstalling it, everything is back to normal.

The only issues I have is I am still trying to get used to the controls at the bottom, Samsung changed them (menu is now recent apps) and I also have to learn the new multi-window to floating app settings.

TS

• Like 2

Well as of this moment it is 2 1/2 days with the Note 4 and I have to say it is really really nice. Although I knew it was nice since I had about an hour of hands time with it and the Note Edge in Best Buy earlier in the month. But an hours time of hands on use is totally different than when one uses it as a daily driver. That is when one can really appreciate the device in full force.

I had to skipped the Note 3 last year since it wasn't tri-band and went for the Mega. But while I love the screen size of the Mega, I really missed the S-Pen. So my only comparison of the Note 4 was with the Note 2 I previously had and this Note totally blows it away. (The same with the Mega).

Day 1

As I mentioned earlier in a post, I couldn't connect to LTE from the get go. The Mega was connecting fine. So I had to reprovision the device on the orders of Sprint customer care. After that it worked fine.

I played around with the settings and features and there are way to many to take in at once, but in a way i am glad they are there in case I need them. Touchwiz (while I never really had an issue with it) seems fine. Although I am not sure if I like the new colors. Haven't noticed any lag even though new Samsung phones don't lag until you start adding too much stuff. So far, I've been adding non-root apps and no issues. I left it off the charger overnight to see how much i would lose by morning. I love that I can remove a ton of apps without root. Taking pictures is neat even though I forgot to take the plastic cover on the rear lens until later at night.

Day2

Battery life is surprising good. I had set the WhiteNoise app (that plays sounds to make me go to sleep) all night and in the morning I had still 90 %. After going for a day on stock, I decided to root the device and that went quick. I then started to add my root apps, (signal check pro, titanium backup, xposed and wanam, etc etc). It was then that I noticed a massive lag when choosing the app drawer. Everythng else was fine. Come to find out that it was the battery setting in wanam that was causing it. After reinstalling it, everything is back to normal.

The only issues I have is I am still trying to get used to the controls at the bottom, Samsung changed them (menu is now recent apps) and I also have to learn the new multi-window to floating app settings.

TS

Have you had any issues with connecting to band41? I can't seem to connect to it no more in the same places I used to get it all day on my nexus 5..it's been mostly camping on band 25 which is around .5mbps

Have you had any issues with connecting to band41? I can't seem to connect to it no more in the same places I used to get it all day on my nexus 5..it's been mostly camping on band 25 which is around .5mbps

No issues connecting to B41 here, though I don't have a previous B41 device to compare it to and the signal on 41 hasn't seemed that strong.  It could be lack of optimization because Milwaukee is just starting with B41.

Day2

TS

Have you noticed any lag after installing xposed? Not talking about Wanam but just the xposed infrastructure. Lot of people on XDA are complaining about that. I haven't rooted yet, and I was really waiting on a non-Knox trip way to root.

Edited by troyd96

At home I'm mostly in the computer room on the 2nd floor of my house and on the Mega I get a constant LTE signal, but the tower closet to my home seems to have been acting up for the last few days which is why I get on wifi at home lately, Regardless I do get a constant RSRP -94 dBm signal on the Mega as per Signalcheck pro.

On the Note it fluctuates. it goes from pic 1 to pic 2 and pic 3.

pic 1

Screenshot_2014-10-27-01.png

pic 2

Screenshot_2014-10-27-02.png

Pic 3

Screenshot_2014-10-27-03.png

At work I have no problem, although I do get a stronger signal from the Mega.

Have you noticed any lag after installing xposed? Not talking about Wanam but just the xposed infrastructure. Lot of people on XDA are complaining about that. I haven't rooted yet, and I was really waiting on a non-Knox trip way to root.

Honestly I didn't notice any lag. It wasn't until adding the wanam module and checking on the circle battery setting that the lag started. It went all berserk and slow. After which I reversed my steps and removed it. The lag stopped, I then re-installed wanam but didn't do the circle battery and so far no issues in the lag dept.

What's the link to that thread on xda about xposed with the issues?

TS.