Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

Is there a way to set band priority like on the nexus 5? Band 41 doesn't like to stick in the same area that my nexus 5 would stick and have good speeds

Yes, ##data#. For that, you will need your MSL number. Sprint chat gave it to me without much hassle or questioning.

Is there a way to set band priority like on the nexus 5? Band 41 doesn't like to stick in the same area that my nexus 5 would stick and have good speeds

Changing the band priority does not effect "sticking" of a band. It only dictates in what order the bands are scanned. The network will put you on whatever band it wants regardless of what you set the priority to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Changing the band priority does not effect "sticking" of a band. It only dictates in what order the bands are scanned. The network will put you on whatever band it wants regardless of what you set the priority to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well, he can completely disable Band 25, which would have the effect of sticking him on Band 41.

What did you ask? Just for the lock code? Any reason given?

I just asked for the MSL. I was transferred around and had to wait on "chat hold" for about 15 minutes, but eventually someone came on and instantly gave me the MSL, no questions asked.

Its hilarious to me that bars, regardless of actual usability or speed, still cause so much anguish for some users. Does it work? Great! Clear call? Great! Fast data? Great! Use it.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

People are not used to band 41 higher dbm as their previous phones probably were not triband. Lots of people are comparing it to their old S3 or S4 single band phones.

Has anyone rooted yet?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I was really hoping someone would find a non-Knox warranty bit trip way to root. I may not do much but stay stock ROM but I would like to be able to freeze and get rid of some bloatware along with adding some toggles and such that sprint deleted back.

Edited by troyd96

Has anyone rooted yet?

I did. Ultimately worked fine, although initially SuperSU got hung up on disabling Knox. I force close the program, reloaded it, and it was successfully able to disable Knox. 

• Like 1

Is anyone else having problems with the fingerprint scanner?   When I got the phone Tuesday night, I registered a couple of fingerprints, used it a few times to unlock the phone, then it just quit working, and had to use the backup password.

Now, attempting to access the fingerprint manager under the Finger Scanner options, i get "An error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor.  If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device.".

I've restarted the device multiple times, and cleared the cache for the Fingerprints android app. (Per a suggestion on the S5 forums.) It looks like it was a bit of a problem with the S5, but the note is so new, I haven't found anyone complaining about it. Yet.

I'm using PIN code, but I hate to see an advertised feature not working. 

A few issues in experiencing so far...

I use hangouts for all my messaging and every so many pictures will post sideways.

I'm trying to get the most out of my camera, any suggested options or settings to get the most out of the camera (my wife's 6+) taking better pictures of our kids when we're taking pictures side by side.

I used to hate the s5 fingerprint scanner. Now that I've tweaked it I get about a 90% first try rate. I feel like the scanner on the s5 is biased to the right of the scanner. So I swipe a little off center. Works well now. Play with different angles.

Probably spent way too long on this today. Worked with both sprint and samsung and confirmed the sensor is bad in my unit. So its either send it into Samsung for repairs, 12 days or return exchange it with amazon 4-5 days. Either of which mean I'll be without a phone for a few days. :-( Almost not worth it considering every else seems fine.

The self test screen is kind of helpful though. *#0*# first time I've ever played with it.

A few issues in experiencing so far...

I use hangouts for all my messaging and every so many pictures will post sideways.

I'm trying to get the most out of my camera, any suggested options or settings to get the most out of the camera (my wife's 6+) taking better pictures of our kids when we're taking pictures side by side.

if you go to the apple store app you can download camera + for free right now.