iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

So I got my iPhone 6 replaced at the Apple Store last weekend as I was having some issues with signal reception and GPS locking. I've noticed that I have yet to connect to B41 on my replacement. I realized today that they gave me the Verizon model A1549 instead of the Sprint model A1586... Everything works fine except I do not have the ability to connect to B41. Has anyone had this problem before? Do you think Apple will be able to swap my current phone for the Sprint variant?

I also think that since it's a Verizon model that it may be unlocked, so I could probably sell it and get a 6s. (Better resale value)

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that's very surprising. The system shouldn't have allowed a swap between different models. The Genius might've messed something up big time. Go back first chance you get.

Wow, that's very surprising. The system shouldn't have allowed a swap between different models. The Genius might've messed something up big time. Go back first chance you get.

They actually sent me to another store because the model wasn't available at the store I originally went to. I was pretty much on a wild goose chase for over a week to get this replacement. I'm glad I did though, because I had just gone out of warranty.

It took them a good 25 minutes to activate it; They even had to call Sprint to get it working.  Not quite looking forward to dealing with them again to get the correct model but it will do me good next time I go to a venue or event with a lot of people since B41 is almost everywhere in Chicagoland.

So I went back today and the guy at the Apple Store says they don't differentiate phones by model number, just CDMA vs GSM. Soooo by that logic they seem to think it's normal to activate Verizon model phones on the Sprint network!

He said I was the first person to ever come in with an issue like this and basically told me to go to Sprint or call Apple Care. I'm a bit disappointed in the service I was provided today, I may have to tweet at Marcelo and tell him the situation. I can't imagine he would be happy with a bunch of iPhone 6's (and possibly iPhone 6s's) on his network that can't even take advantage of B41, if that is truly how Apple does things.

So I went back today and the guy at the Apple Store says they don't differentiate phones by model number, just CDMA vs GSM. Soooo by that logic they seem to think it's normal to activate Verizon model phones on the Sprint network!

He said I was the first person to ever come in with an issue like this and basically told me to go to Sprint or call Apple Care. I'm a bit disappointed in the service I was provided today, I may have to tweet at Marcelo and tell him the situation. I can't imagine he would be happy with a bunch of iPhone 6's (and possibly iPhone 6s's) on his network that can't even take advantage of B41, if that is truly how Apple does things.

To my knowledge, that is not how Apple does things. It seems you are dealing with some bad "geniuses", and I would consider contacting Apple directly to see if there is anything to do. That is not acceptable customer service, and if you can, when you contact Apple, see if there is a way to report that store or the person who "helped" you, because that is not how they should have handled that situation.

-Anthony

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Lol this forum is so dead now. People must've gotten really busy with school and work and stuff.

I can't speak for everyone, but all of my Sprint issues have been fixed with the iPhone 6s: hanging onto LTE, switching bands properly, adding carrier aggregation, and quickly re-obtaining LTE on those rare instances when I drop to 3G. That's why I'm quiet.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 6

I can't speak for everyone, but all of my Sprint issues have been fixed with the iPhone 6s: hanging onto LTE, switching bands properly, adding carrier aggregation, and quickly re-obtaining LTE on those rare instances when I drop to 3G. That's why I'm quiet.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

Yep. My wife is the same way. No complaints about Sprint whatsoever since she got her new phone. The 6s definitely seems to get off 3g faster than her 6. 

Yep. My wife is the same way. No complaints about Sprint whatsoever since she got her new phone. The 6s definitely seems to get off 3g faster than her 6.

i wonder if that has too do with internal components,which I thought wouldn't change so much

Lol this forum is so dead now. People must've gotten really busy with school and work and stuff.

I don't come by here as often as I used to because the site doesn't get map updates like they used to. 

I don't come by here as often as I used to because the site doesn't get map updates like they used to.

Lol I think it's because Sprint is finally basically fully saturated with LTE, at least here in NY. So people have stopped questioning and complaining about when they're gonna get it because they should have some form of LTE already. Whether it be B25/26 or 41.

This good to hear that everyone is doing good with their tech and what not, just checking up to see what was happening. Definitely getting the 6s Plus next month when they start restocking all models for the holidays. Can't wait!

Lol I think it's because Sprint is finally basically fully saturated with LTE, at least here in NY. So people have stopped questioning and complaining about when they're gonna get it because they should have some form of LTE already. Whether it be B25/26 or 41.

This good to hear that everyone is doing good with their tech and what not, just checking up to see what was happening. Definitely getting the 6s Plus next month when they start restocking all models for the holidays. Can't wait!

It works great for me in Houston, but the coverage outside the city isn't great yet.  They haven't finished those areas yet, though.

How's everyone WIFI calling working out? Mine seems to generally be working better now days... one weird thing is that sometimes my ipad will start ringing several seconds before my iphone does.

seems too slow web browsing on my end when wifi calling is on

Either I have terrible luck or the iPhone 6 quality was never quite up to par.

I just had my 6 replaced because the home button was getting funky and making that crunching noise. The replacement has a dead pixel...

The latest one coming via express replacement will be my 7th iPhone 6 in just over a year.

Am I the only one?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I just had my 6 replaced because the home button was getting funky and making that crunching noise. The replacement has a dead pixel...

The latest one coming via express replacement will be my 7th iPhone 6 in just over a year.

Am I the only one?

I'm still on my first 6 Plus. Had it since March.

-Anthony

• Like 2

http://www.lifeproof.com/en-us/iphone-6s-plus--iphone-6-plus/fre-for-iphone-6-plus-6s-plus/lpfr-apl-iphp15.html

Anyone interested in Lifeproof Fre for their shiny and beautiful 6+/6s+ phones? They are now up for pre-order in black with a ship date of December 11.

Am I the only one?

Must be your luck. I have had mine (6pluse) since December with no problems (hardware). Had to due some resets to fix OS problems. In that year I have dropped it so many times I am on my third screen protector. My 2 year old got it once and thought it would be funny to throw it.

Gotta say holding up nice.

Must be your luck. I have had mine (6pluse) since December with no problems (hardware). Had to due some resets to fix OS problems. In that year I have dropped it so many times I am on my third screen protector. My 2 year old got it once and thought it would be funny to throw it.

Gotta say holding up nice.

There is one difference though, you're using a 6Plus. Perhaps that's what I should've gotten to begin with.

I seem to not be able to get a break with these faulty iPhone 6's. The replacement of the replacement has a dead pixel too, and that issue where the backlighting leaks out the mute switch. Spoke to a senior care rep whom is sending yet another one out and also gave me his direct line and said he would follow up with me on Tuesday. I love Apple customer service but I wish I didn't have to contact them so much!

I had quite a few issues with the 6. Have not had a single issue with the 6s. All of the quality control issues that existed in the 6 have definitely been resolved with the 6s. No more front facing issues. Cell reception issues have been resolved. The only thing I've noticed in the past few weeks is that my touch ID has slowed down..or at least it seems to have. I probably just have gotten used to it and now I expect it to be faster.