iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Part of me wants to update to it so bad but I just can't. I tried beta 2 on my new phone and whenever I tried to change a ring tone it would force quit. Restore didn't work so I went back to 8.4.

#firstworldproblems

I had that exact same problem! The new beta fixed it for me though. :)

-Anthony

• Like 2

One bug my friend is experiencing in the iOS 9 public beta 3 is his custom keyboard would keep crashing. He really doesn't like the stock keyboard, lol.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

GAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Downloaded the profile but then didn't install it. Deleted it and then restarted my phone to make sure it was clear. 2-3 hours later my phone tells me the beta is downloaded. Tried to install it since apparently it's meant to be and my phone lost service and wouldn't update. Had to restore my phone and then update it allover again to make it work.

Stupid iPhone.....

• Like 2

Not sure if it's related to the public beta 3 version of iOS or just a fluke, but is anyone else having problems with SMS text messages? Most of my friends and family have iPhones and iMessages have been sending/receiving fine, but I noticed I was having trouble sending out regular text messages. They kept saying send fail repeatedly. Turned my phone off and back on and in came 5 missed texts from within the past 24 hours.

I had something weird happen with messaging yesterday too. When I went to text someone back on an android phone it showed the audio message over the box where text would normally show up as I type it. Cleared the thread. Didn't help. Restarted my phone and it's been fine. Just really weird.

I had one instance yesterday where I opened a text message and was unable to reply. The entire field at the bottom of the screen was missing. Had to back out of the thread and go back into it before it showed up. I'm also having problems with Snapchat not sending text or locally stored photos, only those taken from within the app and immediately sent. Oddly though, using the network instead of wifi has helped to solve that issue.

My iPhone's power button just crapped the bed... It works, but I have to press the living hell out of it (Without a case on) and there is zero tactile feedback. A normal tap won't cut it anymore. This is the 2nd time this has happened, and now 6 months after a replacement, the same thing is happening :td:... Fingers crossed they replace it again. This type of thing is covered under warranty, right?

This is horrible timing too; I won't be able to get to an Apple store until next Wednesday...Looks like I'm back to my Nexus 5 for a few days. This years iPhone seems to have a ton of manufacturing issues...

My iPhone's power button just crapped the bed... It works, but I have to press the living hell out of it (Without a case on) and there is zero tactile feedback. A normal tap won't cut it anymore. This is the 2nd time this has happened, and now 6 months after a replacement, the same thing is happening :td:... Fingers crossed they replace it again. This type of thing is covered under warranty, right?

This is horrible timing too; I won't be able to get to an Apple store until next Wednesday...Looks like I'm back to my Nexus 5 for a few days. This years iPhone seems to have a ton of manufacturing issues...

Crap, that's not what I want to hear. Hopefully the 6s plus will not have any mechanical issues. This will be my 1st iphone, so I want this to be a good experience. 

As long as you're still under warranty, they'll fix it/swap it. I had a power button go flat on my 5s, and they didn't even hesitate to swap the phone out.

Sent from my iPhone 6

As long as you're still under warranty, they'll fix it/swap it. I had a power button go flat on my 5s, and they didn't even hesitate to swap the phone out.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Sometimes you don't even need to be under warranty, they'll just swap it out no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Sometimes you don't even need to be under warranty, they'll just swap it out no questions asked.

Good to hear. I have confidence I'll walk out happy. It was easy last time. That's my favorite thing about apple products - the company actually stands behind them.

Is it bad that I'm waiting until the day before I sell my 6 to swap out my device that has the front camera shift? #freshiphonessellbetter

Sent from my iPhone 6

Are you selling on Swappa?

Glad I stil have that ipcc. Just updated to 8.4.1 and it of course pushed me onto 20.1. NOPE. lol

I'm shocked you didn't yet go to iOS 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to. But not having iCloud back up isn't worth it. Unless they've managed to fix that?

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

I'm using iTunes backup right now anyway so it's not a big deal. That and I'm running over my iCloud.

So 8.4.1 is still on the same carrier as 8.4? Which was garbage for LTE right?

Pretty much. But even the last update for iOS 9, update 4, seemed like a bit of a step back RF wise. Maybe people on Sprint are having a different experience but on VZW it seems like a half step back.

Apple needs to break all of its apps away from the OS. They should be upgradable from the App Store, and not have to be bundled in an OS upgrade. 8.4.1 just to update Apple Music?

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 4