iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Or what would be cool is if when you get the "20% remaining" pop-up, there is an option other than just "Okay" that says "Enable Low Power Mode?". That would be interesting to see.

-Anthony

Wording I see as an easy fix. To add a whole other toggle or toggle system is a little more work. Something I think Apple should have done a long time ago....

FYI: iOS 9 Developer Beta 4 dropped this afternoon. I waited to get some depth before jumping into the pool.

my iPhone 6 Plus is on my iMac doing a full encrypted restore.

I will post the Carrier Bundle once the restore is finished. it needs to chug through 128 GIGS so it will be some time. :)

• Like 1

FYI: iOS 9 Developer Beta 4 dropped this afternoon. I waited to get some depth before jumping into the pool.

I will post the Carrier Bundle once the restore is finished. it needs to chug through 128 GIGS so it will be some time. :)

Define "Get the Carrier Bundle"?

-Anthony

• Like 1

The Carrier Bundle is: 20.6.13

Public Beta 2 is now available. I'm updating my iPad as I type this. 300MB download on iPad mini 2.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Downloading mine after I get off a conference call. Was wondering when the next release was gonna be.

Edit. Oops. Wrong day. Downloading now. 314mb on the iPhone 6.

iPhone 6+ was 316MB. How odd.

Sent from Josh's iPad mini using Tapatalk

I don't get the purpose of the left search home screen in iOS 9. It's basically the same as the pull-down spotlight search. It seems repetitive, and I hope they get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 2

So my iPhone is definitely bent. I can feel the screen in the bottom right corner is coming out of the body of the phone due to this. It's not a big deal but I do hear it kinda click when using it sometimes. Is this something Apple would replace or would I just be wasting my time going to the store with it?

Also I don't mind the left search screen. Shows me News stories and what not I normally wouldn't see so I've found it at least somewhat useful.

• Like 1

So my iPhone is definitely bent. I can feel the screen in the bottom right corner is coming out of the body of the phone due to this. It's not a big deal but I do hear it kinda click when using it sometimes. Is this something Apple would replace or would I just be wasting my time going to the store with it?

Also I don't mind the left search screen. Shows me News stories and what not I normally wouldn't see so I've found it at least somewhat useful.

Apple will replace the screen but not the phone.

I bent mines and they just gave me a whole new phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may replace the phone. I had my phone replaced the other day for a camera out of place.

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

I had mine replaced shortly after I got it for that reason too. Just don't wanna have to go through the whole "you damaged it you pay for it" crap with them." I've always had my phone in a case. No reason why this should have happened.

I downloaded the second public beta, carrier bundle 20.6.13. Did it kill 1x800 for you guys? I haven't picked it up once since updating when normally I'm on it in the parking garage at work. Which happens to be where my office is [emoji37]

EDIT: never mind, finally connected to it. Had to go down one more level and it forced it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Am I the only one running iOS 9 beta 4/public beta 2 that doesn't have the "Feedback Assistant" app?

-Anthony

That's strange. That app comes with the public beta profile. I even had it on 8.4 before upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Got Apple to replace my phone for a bad battery even though it tested negative for any battery issues. When he was trying to swap the phones, I had to enter my phone number and account PIN into iTunes on his laptop and I accidentally clicked "Skip" instead of "Submit", which forced him to have to call Sprint. I apologized a bunch of times of course, to which he replied "Don't worry about it, at least it's not T-Mobile customer support. I don't think I could deal with them twice in one day."  :lol:

• Like 9

Got Apple to replace my phone for a bad battery even though it tested negative for any battery issues. When he was trying to swap the phones, I had to enter my phone number and account PIN into iTunes on his laptop and I accidentally clicked "Skip" instead of "Submit", which forced him to have to call Sprint. I apologized a bunch of times of course, to which he replied "Don't worry about it, at least it's not T-Mobile customer support. I don't think I could deal with them twice in one day." :lol:

That's why I'll always be an Apple customer. You can't get that kind of service from anyone else. My wife's phone was running hot, and battery life sucked...boom, new phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 3

That's strange. That app comes with the public beta profile. I even had it on 8.4 before upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I still have mine. Right in my extras folder where I left it.

That's why I'll always be an Apple customer. You can't get that kind of service from anyone else. My wife's phone was running hot, and battery life sucked...boom, new phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I keep thinking about switching back to android. Can't quite figure out which phone it would be but this is one of the main reasons holding me back from making the jump. I love the support that the company has for it's products and it's consumers.

Verizon bundle is also 20.6.13, FWIW.

Was 20.6.10 on the last update.

T-Mobile jumped from 20.6.5 to 20.6.7.

Upload also jumped, hope that carries over to the Sprint PRL.

1058953f3e41aa089a1db88b6463e99f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

I still have mine. Right in my extras folder where I left it.

I keep thinking about switching back to android. Can't quite figure out which phone it would be but this is one of the main reasons holding me back from making the jump. I love the support that the company has for it's products and it's consumers.

I've never had it. I've been on every beta of iOS 9 and haven't seen it a single time. Is it just for the public beta users or for everyone (i.e. developers too)?

-Anthony

I've never had it. I've been on every beta of iOS 9 and haven't seen it a single time. Is it just for the public beta users or for everyone (i.e. developers too)?

-Anthony

I'm running the public, and I have it. Someone else would have to chime in about the regular beta having it. Maybe you can try and install the public beta profile? Like I said, when still on 8.4, installing the profile gave me that app.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I had a bent iPhone 5S. Boggled my mind how it happened. Without fabricating a story, I told my local "iStore" that I must have sat on it. They sent it in with a smile and said they would handle it. Apple UK replaced it, outside of warranty, with no cost to me. I was told a component "exploded" and hence why the phone bent. More likely a LiPo horror story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm stuck! Remember in iOS 9 Beta 1 where Apple gave us that feature to switch the control of the mute switch like on the iPad? Well they took it away, it's been gone for the last 3 betas and unfortunately when I upgraded to beta 2 I had the switch set to change the orientation. Now I can't mute my phone [emoji29]. Idk what to do. You guys think apple will bring the feature back? I mean I don't think there was any reason for them to get rid of it in the first place.

Edited by IsaiahL

I'm stuck! Remember in iOS 9 Beta 1 where Apple gave us that feature to switch the control of the mute switch like on the iPad? Well they took it away, it's been gone for the last 3 betas and unfortunately when I upgraded to beta 2 I had the switch set to change the orientation. Now I can't mute my phone [emoji29]. Idk what to do. You guys think apple will bring the feature back? I mean I don't think there was any reason for them to get rid of it in the first place.

I think that feature was supposed to be iPad only, it was in iOS 8 and below. You might have to restore to change it back. You could probably modify a backup to change the setting and then restore to that backup but that might be a little difficult.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus