iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Has anyone tried a ##update# / ##clear# and then a home+reset just to try?

Sent from my iPhone 6

I tried doing this the other day. The updated failed 3 times in a row so I assume something was going on. I did it yesterday and it worked fine. I appear to be sitting on b41 right now in my room, but it was definitely odd the other day when it wouldn't even latch onto it at all. It still appears to be prioritizing 25 and 26 over b41, which obviously it should never do.

I lost any consistency with Band 41 in my house around the time 8.3 was released. I'm uncertain but it may have more to do with leaves on the trees as much as anything else. It's amazing that a B41 signal from a Clear site .5 mile away is so much worse than a B26 signal from a Sprint site 2 miles away.

So far 20.1 seems about the same as 19.1 for me in that I'm still dropping to 3G like the pre-B26 days.

I lost any consistency with Band 41 in my house around the time 8.3 was released. I'm uncertain but it may have more to do with leaves on the trees as much as anything else. It's amazing that a B41 signal from a Clear site .5 mile away is so much worse than a B26 signal from a Sprint site 2 miles away.

So far 20.1 seems about the same as 19.1 for me in that I'm still dropping to 3G like the pre-B26 days.

This is not good. I haven't heard back yet, I might just send the lady a link to this thread lol.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I was using Apple maps today (never really do) but I thought it was pretty cool that when your phone screen locks that your navigation is still active on the lock screen 6296fac84bba07c1abc20ec12ba9076a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was using Apple maps today (never really do) but I thought it was pretty cool that when your phone screen locks that your navigation is still active on the lock screen

Yes, it's always done that. I wish google maps could default to the lock screen instead lol.

Yes, it's always done that. I wish google maps could default to the lock screen instead lol.

That's pretty dope. I also wish Google did that same. The last time I used apple maps was when it first came out. I wanted to give it another try but didn't when reports was coming back that people were getting into accidents because of it giving wrong directions.

That's pretty dope. I also wish Google did that same. The last time I used apple maps was when it first came out. I wanted to give it another try but didn't when reports was coming back that people were getting into accidents because of it giving wrong directions.

iOS 9 Fixes most of those issues. I used to use Google Maps for everything but I switched back once I upgraded to iOS 9.

iOS 9 Fixes most of those issues. I used to use Google Maps for everything but I switched back once I upgraded to iOS 9.

Ill still stick with google maps until Apple maps gets much more specific. Like "stay in the left to lanes and then go left at the fork" type directions. Apple maps is a uni formative "turn left" lol.

How's the power saving mode going? I'm hoping they release beta 2 which will be the public beta 1.

Nice. Plus the lock screen maps feature will somewhat save on battery. Unlike Google Maps where it sucks up battery and makes my phone hot when I'm doing out of state driving.

• Like 1

New Beta released. Anyone have it yet? Also, question....I am registered for public beta on both mac and iPhone...can I download iOS 9 beta 2 without fear of bricking my phone? I was just reading comments on reddit and it appears to be a bit more stable.

New Beta released. Anyone have it yet? Also, question....I am registered for public beta on both mac and iPhone...can I download iOS 9 beta 2 without fear of bricking my phone? I was just reading comments on reddit and it appears to be a bit more stable.

If you Update to it rather than Restore to it then you shouldn't have a problem. As long as the device is Activated on Apple's servers before going to the beta, and doesn't need to be reactivated when on the beta, then you should be fine.

-Anthony

So I guess nobody is gonna point out the fact that the iOS 8.1.3 through 8.3 Jailbreak has come out today?

-Anthony

Hmm maybe I'll download iOS 9 beta 2 tonight...

Edit: can someone link me to the ipsw...I can't seem to find it.

Nevermind: think I got it....

Hmm maybe I'll download iOS 9 beta 2 tonight...

Edit: can someone link me to the ipsw...I can't seem to find it.

Nevermind: think I got it....

If you still need it, you can use this website to either torrent beta 2 (because there are no direct links for beta 2 yet) or direct download (or torrent if you want) beta 1 and just OTA to beta 2, which is what I'm doing.

-Anthony

• Like 1

If you still need it, you can use this website to either torrent beta 2 (because there are no direct links for beta 2 yet) or direct download (or torrent if you want) beta 1 and just OTA to beta 2, which is what I'm doing.

-Anthony

I have it! Thank you. I'm actually surprised how stable it is. Loving it so far. Battery draining a little fast but eh, who cares Lol. I love the new font, and the keyboard (how the keys grey out instead of popping up). And also how if you answer a text by clicking from the drop down notification and going to messages, in the top left where the carrier is it will say back to "whichever app you're using."

• Like 2

So I guess nobody is gonna point out the fact that the iOS 8.1.3 through 8.3 Jailbreak has come out today?

-Anthony

The question is, will CellularInfo work on it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I just don't see the allure of jailbreaking anymore, unless it gets CellularInfo working. I like my phone clean and bug/crash free. If I wanted crashes, goofy themes, and a system-wide Comic Sans font, I'd buy an Android.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 7

I'm gonna update and hope that my phone doesn't brick. Since I'm not a developer anymore. I can't even backup my phone cause iCloud back-up hasn't been working on Beta 1 for whatever reason. Wish me luck.

Anyone else get a carrier update today?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Something higher than 20.1? If so, it's new; if not, it's been out for about a week, and you're just now being prompted to update.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 1

Something higher than 20.1? If so, it's new; if not, it's been out for about a week, and you're just now being prompted to update.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Well actually now that you point it out. I'm on 20.5.8 with iOS 9 Beta 1. I haven't noticed anything except it takes a little bit more time to switch bands. I have to force it in places where it'd be natural for the switch to occur.