iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

What were/is the value? I think I've looked in there before with iFile, and recall the value being something other than a clear-cut "25, 26, 41." That value shouldn't matter, though, as it's probably similar to the LTE band preference on an android; it only relates to the initial scan.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Checked again. I actually have 15.1, 17.1, and 19.1, no 18.1.

The values were:

15.1 - 50331648

17.1 - 50331674

19.1 - 50331674

15.1 was distributed with iOS 7.0 and the 5s- no B41. That explains the change. Nothing to see here then.

Almost nil, the minimum requirement is <500kbps.

Thanks. I know at least the 5s will get it set up.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Is it possible to have wifi calling after updating to iOS 8.3, jail breaking it (once it's available) and using a carrier hack (specifically the one from itweakios that came out for Sprint a few months ago)? In other words, is wifi calling specific to the carrier number?

Is it possible to have wifi calling after updating to iOS 8.3, jail breaking it (once it's available) and using a carrier hack (specifically the one from itweakios that came out for Sprint a few months ago)? In other words, is wifi calling specific to the carrier number?

It's specific to the carrier bundle. Think of the carrier bundle as a file that enables/disables different toggles and options within the OS. That's why some of these bundles are able to enable tethering and such. You could ask the person who made it to enable wifi calling.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

I saw on Reddit last night that there was a way to enable Sprint wifi calling on pre 8.3 devices. Didn't read into it much since I'm not jailbroken at the moment but it does appear to be possible. (And I'm not even 100% positive it required a JB)

I saw on Reddit last night that there was a way to enable Sprint wifi calling on pre 8.3 devices. Didn't read into it much since I'm not jailbroken at the moment but it does appear to be possible. (And I'm not even 100% positive it required a JB)

Just did it, Settings is showing that I'm on Sprint 19.1, but trying to enable Wifi calling gives me a "contact your carrier" message. I don't think the code to support Sprint's WiFi calling is in iOS 8.2.

• Like 1

Just did it, Settings is showing that I'm on Sprint 19.1, but trying to enable Wifi calling gives me a "contact your carrier" message. I don't think the code to support Sprint's WiFi calling is in iOS 8.2.

Go to My Sprint and add WiFi calling to your features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Vince has brought it up and I had a placebo effect after 8.2, but how is everybody's experience with the scanning times after the 8.3 and carrier update? I seem to be on LTE more when in a moving vehicle (especially on the freeway), and on fringe B41 or fringe B25/borderline EVDO only areas it scans back and forth like crazy. As well, voice seems to be parked on 1x800 most of the time at work in the building where it was mostly weak 1x1900 before. I don't even need the WiFi calling there, voice works great. I think I'm having a genuine experience this time, no placebo.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know Vince has brought it up and I had a placebo effect after 8.2, but how is everybody's experience with the scanning times after the 8.3 and carrier update? I seem to be on LTE more when in a moving vehicle (especially on the freeway), and on fringe B41 or fringe B25/borderline EVDO only areas it scans back and forth like crazy. As well, voice seems to be parked on 1x800 most of the time at work in the building where it was mostly weak 1x1900 before. I don't even need the WiFi calling there, voice works great. I think I'm having a genuine experience this time, no placebo.

My experience seems to be the same as yours.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Mine is not so good. Same old stuff. Still dropping to 3G constantly in the same spots. I guess I'll learn to live with it, as we probably won't get another carrier update until September with 9.0.

Edit: I wonder if I have a bad SIM card? Couldn't that be a cause of weird connection issues? I've had the same Sim since my 5s. (About 17 months)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Mine is not so good. Same old stuff. Still dropping to 3G constantly in the same spots. I guess I'll learn to live with it, as we probably won't get another carrier update until September with 9.0.

Edit: I wonder if I have a bad SIM card? Couldn't that be a cause of weird connection issues? I've had the same Sim since my 5s. (About 17 months)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

My 6 plus wouldn't accept my 5s's sim. And neither did my Dad's. Or my sister's 6. We had to get new ones from Sprint. Of course we did get Sim-free versions, but still.

-Anthony

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I'm in LA/OC and the areas I go have decent coverage, with no B26 deployed and no 1x800 in the eastern portion. Your profile states Chicago, which is a more advanced market...odd that you're having such a wonky experience. Could be a bad SIM or device, is there anyone you know that you could compare with?

jasonsteele, on 09 Apr 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

My LTE scan time has improved as well. I see the phone grab LTE now while I'm using the device, whereas it used to only do it when I had it locked and in my pocket, usually.

Between my market getting LTE optimized and the recent 8.3 update, my Sprint and iPhone experiences have been very verrrry good in the last month. I really feel like VZW or ATT would be a waste of money in my area now. Last year, it might have been a worthwhile investment. Wi-Fi calling was the icing on the cake - it improved landline call quality for me by a lot.

• Like 1

Go to My Sprint and add WiFi calling to your features.

Tried that last night. Still no luck. The WiFi calling service never even showed up in my account.

• Like 1

Tried that last night. Still no luck. The WiFi calling service never even showed up in my account.

Same here.  Does not show up.  I'm back to just waiting for a 8.3 Jailbreak.

Not understanding why my phone keeps doing this, 3ee60a8c545d526e3de3d4df6328e4d1.jpg

It's quite annoying

Then I get this

dac17bcea287b1e5a135915f6070dca6.jpg

And when I disconnect from WiFi

This 618d8b0730205f6ef8248a6caebe7b7f.jpg

Edited by IsaiahL

Strange problem since upgrade to IOS 8.3 and the system upgrade from sprint: I live a Chicago suburb and most of my calls are local, but since upgrade on Sprint.com all my outgoing calls are being shown as random numbers in New Orleans. At first I was worried that my number was spoofed, but the outgoing numbers and time of calls all correspond to the area 847 calls I have made. the rep called 2 supervisors who really had no clue, but suggested I take my Iphone 6 to a service center (the outgoing calls shown on my phone and the calls themselves are all correct). but now my wife's Iphone 5S upgraded at the same time also showing the New Orleans random numbers, so I suspect a computer glitch! anyone else with the same problem, or am I crazy (I could be).

Lenny

Strange problem since upgrade to IOS 8.3 and the system upgrade from sprint: I live a Chicago suburb and most of my calls are local, but since upgrade on Sprint.com all my outgoing calls are being shown as random numbers in New Orleans. At first I was worried that my number was spoofed, but the outgoing numbers and time of calls all correspond to the area 847 calls I have made. the rep called 2 supervisors who really had no clue, but suggested I take my Iphone 6 to a service center (the outgoing calls shown on my phone and the calls themselves are all correct). but now my wife's Iphone 5S upgraded at the same time also showing the New Orleans random numbers, so I suspect a computer glitch! anyone else with the same problem, or am I crazy (I could be).

Lenny

Try turning off WiFi calling on your account. That helped me.

• Like 1

So iOS 8.3's release notes talked about how it patched a bug that caused devices to sporadically connect/disconnect to/from known wifi networks. Am I the only one who has actually noticed an INCREASE in sporadic disconenctions from wifi? Ever since I upgraded, my wifi signal strength indicator changes rapidly and a majority of the time that I look at or use my phone at home, I'm on 3G/LTE. (Luckily I on occasion get Band 26 and my 3G has been working like a champ B) )

-Anthony

I updated my 6 Plus to 8.3 and everything seemed fine. I activated Wi-Fi calling and everything was flawless. Yesterday my friend was complaining that he cannot make calls or receive calls when not on Wi-Fi - the caller gets a voice recording saying the number has been disconnected and when he tries to call someone it says their number has been disconnected. Today I realized this is happening to me too. We both have turned off wifi calling and tried hard resets with no luck, Sprint reps just said do a hard reset otherwise they don't have another answer and to contact Apple. Anyone else having this issue..? 

I updated my 6 Plus to 8.3 and everything seemed fine. I activated Wi-Fi calling and everything was flawless. Yesterday my friend was complaining that he cannot make calls or receive calls when not on Wi-Fi - the caller gets a voice recording saying the number has been disconnected and when he tries to call someone it says their number has been disconnected. Today I realized this is happening to me too. We both have turned off wifi calling and tried hard resets with no luck, Sprint reps just said do a hard reset otherwise they don't have another answer and to contact Apple. Anyone else having this issue..?

I had the same issue along with a few other members. You have to reprovision your account to turn off WiFi calling on the screen that pops up when you change the emergency 911 address. Fixed it for me. Forget about WiFi calling until they sort that one out.

So iOS 8.3's release notes talked about how it patched a bug that caused devices to sporadically connect/disconnect to/from known wifi networks. Am I the only one who has actually noticed an INCREASE in sporadic disconenctions from wifi? Ever since I upgraded, my wifi signal strength indicator changes rapidly and a majority of the time that I look at or use my phone at home, I'm on 3G/LTE. (Luckily I on occasion get Band 26 and my 3G has been working like a champ B) )

-Anthony

Yep. What's up with that? It seems like every time the screen is off, wifi disconnects. Not every time, but a lot of times.

Sent from my iPhone 6+