iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Anyone else having issues with their phone randomly turning off?? It's happened to me at 76%, 42%, and 39% (battery). I've restored 3 times trying to fix this, first to 8.1.2 a couple weeks ago, then to 8.3b3 earlier this week, and today to 8.1.3. When I try to turn it back on after it randomly shuts off, it doesn't do anything, but it turns on when I plug it in (and when it boots up, battery percentage hasn't changed). I just scheduled a Genius Bar appointment, hopefully my replacement is miraculously on 8.1.2.

Even if it's not, 8.2 betas 2&3 are jailbreakable so I can jump onto that and continue CellularInfo jailbreak development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad battery. Have apple replace it. The 5 series was notorious for doing that and it was always the battery that tested bad. You may have just gotten one that was bad out of the box.
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen this issue? (See screenshot.) Every now and then this happens when swiping down on the home screen to use Spotlight search. Everything turns to black-and-white pixelation.

124466d6671c3309428611d3af1f99c1.jpg

Via iPhone 6 Plus (Tapatalk)

Has anyone seen this issue?

Um, wow. I've used spotlight search a hundred times a day since whenever it was introduced, and I've never seen that. Maybe some kind of software corruption? I doubt it's hardware related unless you see it while doing other things.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

Um, wow. I've used spotlight search a hundred times a day since whenever it was introduced, and I've never seen that. Maybe some kind of software corruption? I doubt it's hardware related unless you see it while doing other things.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Restarting clears it up right away, but it usually starts this up again after a few days.

Only addition to my phone is the CellularInfo beta software, but it's been doing this for the last couple of months before the beta.

c05fb51599bc743e94e7582876d4ea31.jpg

Via iPhone 6 Plus (Tapatalk)

According to Sprint's CFO on 12/2, he stated that the iPhone 6 would have the capability to wifi call within the next 60-90 days. The 90 day mark is approaching. Can we expect this statement to be false and miscalculated by Sprint's executive team? It wouldn't be the first time they let customers down with their launch dates.

According to Sprint's CFO on 12/2, he stated that the iPhone 6 would have the capability to wifi call within the next 60-90 days. The 90 day mark is approaching. Can we expect this statement to be false and miscalculated by Sprint's executive team? It wouldn't be the first time they let customers down with their launch dates.

I would not state false or miscalculated. Unforeseen bumps can bump a launch date back. The other thing is, it may take an iOS update to enable it, and Apple still hasn't released 8.2, and has already been working on 8.3, with 8.2 rumored to be released with Apple Watch.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

I would not state false or miscalculated. Unforeseen bumps can bump a launch date back. The other thing is, it may take an iOS update to enable it, and Apple still hasn't released 8.2, and has already been working on 8.3, with 8.2 rumored to be released with Apple Watch.

We'll more likely than not get it in the 8.3 update. I'll be on the lookout, it may pop up in one of the next betas.

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

We'll more likely than not get it in the 8.3 update. I'll be on the lookout, it may pop up in one of the next betas.

I sure hope we get it by 8.3

• Like 1

It only requires a carrier bundle upgrade to enable it. It's baked into the operating system already and just needs to be turned on. I just put a T-Mobile sim into my phone to test my unlock, and voila, I had the wifi calling option enabled along with VoLTE enabled as well.

• Like 2

It only requires a carrier bundle upgrade to enable it. They can push one of those at any time. It's baked into the operating system already and just needs to be turned on. I just put a T-Mobile sim into my phone to test my unlock, and voila, I had the wifi calling option enabled along with VoLTE enabled as well.

It only requires a carrier bundle upgrade to enable it. It's baked into the operating system already and just needs to be turned on. I just put a T-Mobile sim into my phone to test my unlock, and voila, I had the wifi calling option enabled along with VoLTE enabled as well.

How's your phone unlocked? You for your phone from the apple store?

My TouchID stopped working today. It won't register a fingerprint at all.... I can't even get a new one to read.

So I went to get support via Apple, and they texted me a link with a diagnostic to send data... after they received the data, they advised me to send it off for service. Rather than do that, I made an appointment at the Apple Store near me for this afternoon.

And this is precisely the reason why I love Apple products... the support is amazing. I'll probably walk out of my appointment, 10 minutes later, with a brand new iPhone 6. 

(What sucks, though, is that I'll have to get new certs issued for my RSA soft token and get re-enrolled in Airwatch MDM for work... but not having company email over the weekend may not be the worst thing in the world. :) )

• Like 3

So I went to get support via Apple, and they texted me a link with a diagnostic to send data... after they received the data, they advised me to send it off for service. Rather than do that, I made an appointment at the Apple Store near me for this afternoon.

And this is precisely the reason why I love Apple products... the support is amazing. I'll probably walk out of my appointment, 10 minutes later, with a brand new iPhone 6.

(What sucks, though, is that I'll have to get new certs issued for my RSA soft token and get re-enrolled in Airwatch MDM for work... but not having company email over the weekend may not be the worst thing in the world. :) )

Walking out with a full replacement. The screen replacement machine was down for service so they were doing full device swaps. Time to get a screen protector! Woot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

How's your phone unlocked? You for your phone from the apple store?

Sprint unlocked it for me this morning.

I wonder if that will be the case for sprint WiFi calling. T-Mobile WiFi calling is set up differently than sprints. I don't remember the page but it was discussed in the T-Mobile network thread. It might be why its not available yet.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I wonder if that will be the case for sprint WiFi calling. T-Mobile WiFi calling is set up differently than sprints. I don't remember the page but it was discussed in the T-Mobile network thread. It might be why its not available yet.

It most certainly will work the same way. Apple wouldn't allow a wifi calling app for Sprint iPhones if it's baked into the OS. Plus, aren't Sprint and T-Mobile already using the same service for their android wifi calling? The name is escaping me right now, but I think it starts with a "T."

It most certainly will work the same way. Apple wouldn't allow a wifi calling app for Sprint iPhones if it's baked into the OS. Plus, aren't Sprint and T-Mobile already using the same service for their android wifi calling? The name is escaping me right now, but I think it starts with a "T."

I'm sure it will appear to function the same, but they do not work the same way.

There's a new Tapatalk update out right now. They shrunk the forum header with a swipe right function to see forum description, and they changed the "timeline, subscribed, etc." buttons to text only, and it's like a wheel. Stupid. There's also supposedly notification reliability improvements and bug fixes. Meh.

There's a new Tapatalk update out right now. They shrunk the forum header with a swipe right function to see forum description, and they changed the "timeline, subscribed, etc." buttons to text only, and it's like a wheel. Stupid. There's also supposedly notification reliability improvements and bug fixes. Meh.

Someone post screen shots lol I'm not updating until I get the older version back on my computer. Recently restored my computer so I gotta rebuild my iTunes.

Someone post screen shots lol I'm not updating until I get the older version back on my computer. Recently restored my computer so I gotta rebuild my iTunes.

8150232574e796c9d18a586b6757ffcd.jpg