Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

Reading the list of Lollipop features, I see many, many new features are from 3rd party roms and xposed. Having these features now makes me feel a bit underwhelmed. Obviously The UI changes are huge but overall, I can do a lot of the L stuff now with kit kat.

Just an observation. Still excited thought!

• Like 1

Reading the list of Lollipop features, I see many, many new features are from 3rd party roms and xposed. Having these features now makes me feel a bit underwhelmed. Obviously The UI changes are huge but overall, I can do a lot of the L stuff now with kit kat.

Lots of xposed modules came from custom ROMs to begin with. Google tends to take inspiration from the community.
  • Like 2

Xposed likely wont available on Android L since the Runtime will be defaulted to ART and Xposed doesn't play with ART.  To get the Xposed features, you'd have to flash a ROM that has the mods implemented.

It supports all the roaming bands of the CCA/RRPP. However, we have no idea when roaming will become active. But the Nexus 6 looks to be leader in capability in support of LTE roaming bands in North America for the moment.

Just take my money!!!

Xposed likely wont available on Android L since the Runtime will be defaulted to ART and Xposed doesn't play with ART. To get the Xposed features, you'd have to flash a ROM that has the mods implemented.

Xposed doesn't work with art for now (which I knew) or it never will or can't?

Just take my money!!!

Me Too!  I want one!  I'll at least wait until some others get one to see how they perform.  :)

Xposed doesn't work with art for now (which I knew) or it never will or can't?

It will, the dev is working on it, but he has stated it is pretty tricky, so it might be a while.

• Like 1

It will, the dev is working on it, but he has stated it is pretty tricky, so it might be a while.

Last update I saw on it was that he had it figured out, but he wasn't going to work on it until Google finalized ART in a major release.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Last update I saw on it was that he had it figured out, but he wasn't going to work on it until Google finalized ART in a major release.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think that's what he wrote in the FAQ on XDA.

He said it wasn't worth coding for it when they might make major changes to ART at the last second.

Me Too!  I want one!  I'll at least wait until some others get one to see how they perform.  :)

With the roaming base bands included, and screen size this slips ever so close to the Note. Pure Google, and upgrades straight from Google makes this a worthy upgrade from the Nexus 5 in may ways, 

1. roaming capable 

2. great screen size

3. battery life

4. 15 minute turbo charging

5. Pure Android....future software upgrades, 1st bug fix upgrades

6. built in wireless charging

7. dual speakers that won't sound tiny I hope

8. great dual flash

9. 3 gigs of memory

9. plenty of storage

10. Motorola's exceptional antenna signal strength

11. splash resistance

Cons

not 64 bit

13 mp camera

2x as much as the 16gig Nexus 5 for the 32Gig Version

All in all not a bad phone too bad none of the Moto X software suite is not offered in addition to make this phablet  really stand out.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 1

So it's been announced that wifi calling will be available through an OTA update on T-mobile sometime early next year. What do you think the odds are that Sprint will get it as well?

Also, this may be a stupid question, but does it support HD Voice on Sprint? Does the Nexus 5 currently support it?

So it's been announced that wifi calling will be available through an OTA update on T-mobile sometime early next year. What do you think the odds are that Sprint will get it as well?

Also, this may be a stupid question, but does it support HD Voice on Sprint? Does the Nexus 5 currently support it?

Probably.

And yes, the nexus 5 supports HD voice as well as the 6.

Probably.

And yes, the nexus 5 supports HD voice as well as the 6.

This may sound like a stupid question, but... Do you get HD voice on the Nexus 6 only on the version you buy from Sprint or will it be available on the Nexus 6 if purchased from Google as well. That probably wouldn't be possible would it?

This may sound like a stupid question, but... Do you get HD voice on the Nexus 6 only on the version you buy from Sprint or will it be available on the Nexus 6 if purchased from Google as well. That probably wouldn't be possible would it?

All indications are that it will be the same model sold through the Play Store as sold through Sprint. The phone should be identical. The Nexus 5 was the same regardless of place of purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

All indications are that it will be the same model sold through the Play Store as sold through Sprint. The phone should be identical. The Nexus 5 was the same regardless of place of purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I knew the phones were all the same, but what is confusing me is the fact that in order to be compatible with Sprint's HD voice, the Sprint phone would have to have different software than the units sold by Google, since all HD voice systems are not the same.

Does that sound logical?

Thanks, I knew the phones were all the same, but what is confusing me is the fact that in order to be compatible with Sprint's HD voice, the Sprint phone would have to have different software than the units sold by Google, since all HD voice systems are not the same.

Does that sound logical?

It's sound logic, but it's not necessarily necessary..

The Nexus 6 can have HD Voice, and still be a single sku, used on all networks. (Just as the Nexus 5 today is a single US sku, and still has Sprint-specific software on it, such as the hands free activation piece. Every T-Mobile Nexus 5 has Sprint-specific software on it, just waiting to go live on the off chance you throw a Sprint sim card in there)

I'm not saying that the Nexus 6 *will* have HD voice, but there's zero reason it couldn't, even if every Nexus 6 is identical in hardware+software.

• Like 1

It's sound logic, but it's not necessarily necessary..

The Nexus 6 can have HD Voice, and still be a single sku, used on all networks. (Just as the Nexus 5 today is a single US sku, and still has Sprint-specific software on it, such as the hands free activation piece. Every T-Mobile Nexus 5 has Sprint-specific software on it, just waiting to go live on the off chance you throw a Sprint sim card in there)

I'm not saying that the Nexus 6 *will* have HD voice, but there's zero reason it couldn't, even if every Nexus 6 is identical in hardware+software.

Ok, Thanks!

With the roaming base bands included, and screen size this slips ever so close to the Note. Pure Google, and upgrades straight from Google makes this a worthy upgrade from the Nexus 5 in may ways, 

5. Pure Android....future software upgrades, 1st bug fix upgrades

6. built in wireless charging

I'm pretty sure the Nexus 5 is still pure and android and the built-in wireless charging is not going to be deactivated once the N6 comes out...

Just saying...

• Like 1