Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

It's probably the size of the iPhone 6 Plus despite having a bigger display. Thicker though. I agree the prices are crazy. I think all these phones are overpriced but as long as people keep buying I don't see them dropping much.

I would have much preferred a $500 price point for the 16 GB version.

I would have much preferred a $500 price point for the 16 GB version.

Maybe they will do a 16 GB version for 500 or so. If the 32 is 650 then the 64 would be 700 or so.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Jeez. Band 29? AT&T uses (kinda) owns that, right? But it's downlink only? And who the hell uses band 3 in the US? And it's available on Verizon too?

And all of this is in one SKU!!!

LTE Bands: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/41

rainbow.jpg

Has anyone one noticed that the iPhone 6+ 64gb is $849, $649 for top range hardware really doesn't seem too unreasonable. The N4 and 5 were always considered midrange phones at excellent pricing and as good as those devices were, they were always one step behind top end phones.

• Like 1

Has anyone one noticed that the iPhone 6+ 64gb is $849, $649 for top range hardware really doesn't seem too unreasonable. The N4 and 5 were always considered midrange phones at excellent pricing and as good as those devices were, they were always one step behind top end phones.

The N4 and N5 were not one step behind.

Best display on an android phone, NFC, wireless charging, latest snapdragon SOC, etc.

I guess what makes the Nexus 6 interesting is it is the first device to use the new snapdragon 805 while the Nexus 5 was not the first device to use the snapdragon 800.

• Like 1

The N4 and N5 were not one step behind.

Best display on an android phone, NFC, wireless charging, latest snapdragon SOC, etc.

I guess what makes the Nexus 6 interesting is it is the first device to use the new snapdragon 805 while the Nexus 5 was not the first device to use the snapdragon 800.

Nexus 4 was never top range, there were phones with faster procs, better camera's, better battery  same concept with Nexus 5, people generally considered it a cheaper version of the G2 etc..

Nexus devices have always made great reference designs, but they have never been top of the line.

Unlike this device that has top notch specs including a new CPU/GPU highest res, more ram. bigger battery, better materials, bigger speakers. its almost in a class of its own.

This is a really nice device.  I can't wait to see it in person.  Looks like Motorola may make a big time come-back with the Nexus 6. 

Motorola phones used to be the go to device for the best RF performance.  Hopefully this will follow through with the Nexus 6. 

• Like 1

Ugh that would be the samsung note 4..

• Like 1

This is a really nice device.  I can't wait to see it in person.  Looks like Motorola may make a big time come-back with the Nexus 6. 

Motorola phones used to be the go to device for the best RF performance.  Hopefully this will follow through with the Nexus 6. 

Moto X, was a great device, and its kinda sad that the 2nd gen never made it on sprint, don't think Nexus 6 is targeted at the same crowd.

• Like 1

Moto X, was a great device, and its kinda sad that the 2nd gen never made it on sprint, don't think Nexus 6 is targeted at the same crowd.

I agree!

• Like 1

Well this phone seems like a beast. My 2 questions now are 1) true daily battery life 2) and a good case like a defender. I'd love to have a nexus 6 but can't go with out the defender case.

Sent from my LG G3.

In terms of your comment on true battery life, I've learned to love, trust and never buy a phone until I read the GSMArena battery test results for a device. Their reporting on 3 different battery metrics: talk time, web browsing and video playback with an overall endurance rating score continues to amaze me in how accurate it is for the devices that I've owned . Their test for the Nexus 5 accurately reflected my battery experiences with that device and the frustration that I was having related to general browsing. It also accurately describes the massive battery difference in the browsing category between the Nexus 5 and the LG G2. I ended up selling my Nexus 5 and buying the LG G2 based on their test results and I have not been disappointed. I actually went with the G2 over the G3 because their results show that the G3 took a step backwards in its battery performance for general web browsing.

In terms of your comment on true battery life, I've learned to love, trust and never buy a phone until I read the GSMArena battery test results for a device. Their reporting on 3 different battery metrics: talk time, web browsing and video playback with an overall endurance rating score continues to amaze me in how accurate it is for the devices that I've owned . Their test for the Nexus 5 accurately reflected my battery experiences with that device and the frustration that I was having related to general browsing. It also accurately describes the massive battery difference in the browsing category between the Nexus 5 and the LG G2. I ended up selling my Nexus 5 and buying the LG G2 based on their test results and I have not been disappointed. I actually went with the G2 over the G3 because their results show that the G3 took a step backwards in its battery performance for general web browsing.

Yeah I'll wait for reviews and real world results. My G3 has great battery life, I average 18 hours with about 3 sot. I'm hoping that the nexus 6 with Volta and the huge battery will be a good performer and the aftermarket gets some good rugged cases for it.

Sent from my LG G3.

Does anyone know if the nexus 6 supports the new lte roaming? I have an upgrade dec 1st.

It supports all the roaming bands of the CCA/RRPP. However, we have no idea when roaming will become active. But the Nexus 6 looks to be leader in capability in support of LTE roaming bands in North America for the moment.

• Like 7

I wonder what the subsidized price is going to be?  I hope its $199.

for best price I think and tax free in most states. check amazon wireless. I bought few phones from them .price was $50 less than sprint and bestbuy

• Like 1

for best price I think and tax free in most states. check amazon wireless. I bought few phones from them .price was $50 less than sprint and bestbuy

When you pay full price for them, like I did on the last couple, Amazon at least matches Sprint who is less expensive than Bust Buy. 

SERO members can only buy from Sprint corporate  :(

Amazon seems to be allowing me to update my line and i am on SERO-P.  Says I need to update my plan but if i remember correctly all the sites, including sprint, has said that. Once you get the phone you just add it to your account.

Not true. I'm SERO and bought from Google just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I meant to get a discount.

Amazon seems to be allowing me to update my line and i am on SERO-P.  Says I need to update my plan but if i remember correctly all the sites, including sprint, has said that. Once you get the phone you just add it to your account.

Really? I used to work at Sprint Corporate and as far as I knew, all SERO-P had to buy from corporate stores. If another retailer other than sprint corporate changed the plan the sales support wouldn't put it back on SERO-P (in store systems made us take the customer off the plan and we would have to contact sales support to put them back on).