Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

Sprint doesn't do SVLTE anymore. eCSFB device. VoLTE will bring back SVLTE.

Are we sure ? I thought vz was not doing ecsfb?

is possible to be compatible with both ?

• Like 1

Sprint doesn't do SVLTE anymore. This is a single path device just like the Nexus 5. VoLTE will bring back SVLTE.

Sprint isn't the only wireless provider supporting the N6.  Any word besides your word?

• Like 1

I figured since the FCC regulates bands in use here, they may not want devices that will be able to transmit in bands not licensed here? or other similar entity in other country may not want a device that uses certain incompatible tech (ie CDMA in europe) be sold within their borders? Please enlighten me.

I'd doubt that there is an FCC requirement. It's probably a cost and/or logistical reasoning. Most GSM phones sold in the US/Canada support GSM 900/1800 in the off chance the subscriber is roaming internationally. Just because some of the frequency bands aren't used here for that purpose doesn't mean it's not allowed on the phone. Edited by MkVsTheWorld

I picked up an iphone about 2 weeks ago. too late to return. Im saddened by this. I would have liked a Nexus 6 but I think I would have avoided it due to the price tag. I have a 32GB Nexus 5, 400 plus tax and shipping was about 450. not bad. but 650 for the Nexus 6 plus tax and shipping, it would have been over 700. Not to mention, any issues with defective devices. I had a bit of trouble warranty exchanging my Nexus 5 after my GPS failed. Lets see what next year or the year after has instore.

Is not having CA support on B41 really a deal breaker?

I'll take the roaming bands over CA any day and twice on sunday.

• Like 6

Big red uses eCSFB on newer devices I believe.

Since when? What device uses eCSFB on Verizon?

The iPhone LTE variants on VZW do not support SVLTE.  The Nexus 6 could be in a similar position on VZW.  No simultaneous voice and data, just simultaneous LTE and CDMA1X idle.

AJ

I figured since the FCC regulates bands in use here, they may not want devices that will be able to transmit in bands not licensed here? or other similar entity in other country may not want a device that uses certain incompatible tech (ie CDMA in europe) be sold within their borders? Please enlighten me. 

If that were true, how could so called "world phones" or international roaming exist?  Think about it.

AJ

The iPhone LTE variants on VZW do not support SVLTE. The Nexus 6 could be in a similar position on VZW. No simultaneous voice and data, just simultaneous LTE and CDMA1X idle.

AJ

So would they utilize the same mechanism on Sprint or would they force eCSFB?

Then why don't we have one SKU instead of two?

Different W-CDMA bands, different LTE bands, and 3GPP only MDM9235 baseband are all possibilities.  The handset may be big, just not big enough for the kitchen sink.

AJ

Seriously....3200 mah and it can only get 9.5 hours of use on wifi....For all nexus lovers, I sure hope that improves.

That's better screen on time than I get with my tablet and almost more than double what I routinely get on my nexus 5. That is a huge improvement.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's better screen on time than I get with my tablet and almost more than double what I routinely get on my nexus 5. That is a huge improvement.

I was just thinking that with such a huge battery the life might be a little longer. I always forget the bigger screen draws more energy... Duh

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

The iPhone LTE variants on VZW do not support SVLTE. The Nexus 6 could be in a similar position on VZW. No simultaneous voice and data, just simultaneous LTE and CDMA1X idle.

AJ

I've searched and couldn't find an answer. How did vzw get a Samsung GS5 with SVLTE, and would this be possible with the N6 for vzw and Sprint?

I've searched and couldn't find an answer. How did vzw get a Samsung GS5 with SVLTE.

Like all other SVLTE phones on the carrier, Verizon or it's subscribers paid for it one way or another.

Would this be possible with the N6 for vzw and Sprint?

All evidence points to no. With the 2014 Verizon Moto X using eCSFB, It would be overly complicated to make an exception for this phone. Up until now, Verizon has been the oddball not using a single transmission path. Now that they can use eCSFB, why would Google make a hack-job phone with SVLTE for Verizon/Sprint?

Like all other SVLTE phones on the carrier, Verizon or it's subscribers paid for it one way or another.

All evidence points to no. With the 2014 Verizon Moto X using eCSFB, It would be overly complicated to make an exception for this phone. Up until now, Verizon has been the oddball not using a single transmission path. Now that they can use eCSFB, why would Google make a hack-job phone with SVLTE for Verizon/Sprint?

Because Samsung was somehow convinced to do it with their flagship, VoLTE won't be widespread nationally for either cdma carrier for quite some time, and with the N6's battery size the extra minimal drain would more than be offset by the awesome ability to talk and surf over multiple LTE bands like a boss.

First phone to work on every major US carrier might as well be the first to have triband SVLTE. One can dream, anyway;)

Because Samsung was somehow convinced to do it with their flagship, VoLTE won't be widespread nationally for either cdma carrier for quite some time, and with the N6's battery size the extra minimal drain would more than be offset by the awesome ability to talk and surf over multiple LTE bands like a boss.

First phone to work on every major US carrier might as well be the first to have triband SVLTE. One can dream, anyway;)

I think the major challenge is having TD-LTE and FDD-LTE together in an SVLTE device. That hasn't been done before as far as I'm aware.