Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

I am not going to argue with you. 

Any useful help would be appreciated.

No, you are not going to argue with me.  I am in no mood to argue this morning.

I am also in no mood to pittypat around.  That is why I am being direct.  That is not faulting you.  Thank you for reporting your experience with a Motorola purchased Nexus 6.

But you asked for advice.  I gave it.  As long as you supplied the accurate IMEI to Sprint and it is not white listed, then the handset is ineligible to be activated on Sprint.  There is no workaround.

So, you can return the handset to Motorola.  Or you can activate it on another wireless provider.

AJ

Hey, just a heads up. I just received my Nexus 6 directly from Motorola and the IMEI is not in their system... I am going to see what I can get done. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hopefully this is like the 32GB Nexus 5 and the IMEIs will eventually be entered.

However, if it isn't, I'm afraid you're SOL.

Either way, there isn't anything we can do about it.

Thank you for the heads-up.

Edit: looks like they're not going to be entered. Oh well.

No, you are not going to argue with me.  I am in no mood to argue this morning.

I am also in no mood to pittypat around.  That is why I am being direct.  That is not faulting you.  Thank you for reporting your experience with a Motorola purchased Nexus 6.

But you asked for advice.  I gave it.  As long as you supplied the accurate IMEI to Sprint and it is not white listed, then the handset is ineligible to be activated on Sprint.  There is no workaround.

So, you can return the handset to Motorola.  Or you can activate it on another wireless provider.

AJ

Roger That. Thank you for the advice.

Some additional information... Sprint customer care stated that they had internal documents stating that devices purchased through Google Play and Sprint (obviously) would be eligible for activation, and explicitly stated that devices purchased through Motorola would not... though this might have been their way of getting me off the phone 

Roger That. Thank you for the advice.

Some additional information... Sprint customer care stated that they had internal documents stating that devices purchased through Google Play and Sprint (obviously) would be eligible for activation, and explicitly stated that devices purchased through Motorola would not... though this might have been there way of getting me off the phone 

And, see, that is also very useful information.  It sounds accurate, too, if referenced to an internal document that mentions Google Play, Sprint, and Motorola.  That does not sound like something a low level phone rep would be able to make up.  And it mirrors the Nexus 5 experience last year, since T-Mobile purchased handsets were not white listed in the Sprint database.

For the record, I was not trying to be confrontational, just trying to get to the point -- because this info needs to be made available ASAP to others who are seeking the Nexus 6 to be activated on Sprint.

AJ

• Like 6

No, you are not going to argue with me. I am in no mood to argue this morning.

I am also in no mood to pittypat around. That is why I am being direct. That is not faulting you. Thank you for reporting your experience with a Motorola purchased Nexus 6.

But you asked for advice. I gave it. As long as you supplied the accurate IMEI to Sprint and it is not white listed, then the handset is ineligible to be activated on Sprint. There is no workaround.

So, you can return the handset to Motorola. Or you can activate it on another wireless provider.

AJ

There is a work around. Advanced tech support can open a ticket to get it added to the system for activation. I had it happen to me when my livepro was replaced by zte under warranty, the replacement was not white listed. The process takes about a week, the trick is convincing them to do it for you. Whether or not they will do it for some one that bought a device from elsewhere is unknown, but it can be done.
  • Like 2

Those methods will not work on Sprint. Sprint still uses the IMEI to activate voice and 3G services.

Sent from my Sprint LG G3

For whatever it is worth,  we weren't able to activate Google play Nexus 5's initially either last year.  It took about 24 hours for Sprint to get it sorted out if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure why Sprint won't white list devices that are identical to the one's they sell on request.  I'm guessing they have a logical reason to not do it.  Just wish we knew what it was.

• Like 1

Remember according to leaked docs. Sprint stores should have a few to sale starting Nov 17th which has passed. I know the truck to every sprint store around here only runs Tue and Thrus anywhere from 1-3pm. I will be actively on the look out and will purchase on site lol

• Like 1

Another reason I am going with BB it is $100 less than Sprint has it for.  On contract at least.

Best Buy Price

Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie operating system

Allows you to remain connected and productive.

/snicker

• Like 1

/snicker

Android 5.0 Snickers?

AJ

no, android Key Lime Pie snickers

I am not sure if you got the pun.  Kit Kat?  Snickers?  Maybe even Milky Way?

AJ

I am not sure if you got the pun.  Kit Kat?  Snickers?  Maybe even Milky Way?

AJ

I got it, snickers satisfies.

Did you get it? it says key lime pie instead of lollipop.