Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

The original production order probably wasn't that high considering every single article talking about the N6 screen size had a the majority of people commenting complaining about the size of the phone. They probably have algorithms that calculated a high percent of negative comments when compared to positive ones. People tend to post a complaint than something positive. I know I sat silently waiting for the N6 instead of posting about my opinions. I'm sure they will revamp production soon just like they did with the N4 and N5.

• Like 1

Sprint just credited my account the amount I paid for the nexus on my bill and in turn made my bill -82 instead of 250..

Something is not quite right. Gonna call them in the morning to see what gives.

probably because the nexus wont ship right away, but that amount that was taken out will be shown on the next bill. 

• Like 1

Sprint just credited my account the amount I paid for the nexus on my bill and in turn made my bill -82 instead of 250..

They did the same to my account immediately after I ordered the phone.  Not that I know anything but I'm not worried about it.

I signed up both my brother and mom for this promo and they give you a 50 dollar gift card when you buy and sign a contract at the Best Buy store. You can use it towards the payment of your phone.

Still have mine but will pass on the upgrade since I dont want to pay $299 for the phone plus taxes plus activation fee ~ $394 total

I just thought I would tell some of you guys why EZ Pay may just be as good if not better than a contract. I personally think that it is better.

Yesterday I bought A Nexus 6 from Sprint, and it only cost me the price of the total amount of the phone in taxes. Sprint's no contract plan is like a reverse contract plan. Pay $29.00 a month, and sign up for the $60.00 unlimited plan and you will have the phone paid off in two years just like the contact plan with no upfront cost. I just need to add that if you pay the phone off early you go back to the $85.00 a month unlimited every thing plan....go figure....all in all still a good deal, and you can upgrade yearly by paying the phone off.

My unlimited plan now cost $85.00 for calls, text, and data no throttling. With the Nexus 6 on the $60.00 unlimited text, and data plan I pay an additional $29.00 monthly for a total of $89.00. This is $4.00 more a month than I am paying now and my enrollment cost was only the cost of the taxes for this phone. There is no interest like when paying a credit card, and you can pay off the phone early at any time. The catch is you must have good credit, or be with Sprint for a few years....that's it.

Tax cost vary state by state, and anyone that moans at this deal just wants it for free, and doesn't deserve it!

I ended up paying $54.00 total cost because I called to find out why my taxes were so high, because I thought my tax rate was 9%, and they said that since I was with them since 1997 that they would credit my next bill 30.00 and make the adjustment now so I would not have to worry or call back! I was not expecting this because you can't escape death or taxes, and if the rate was what they charged me so be it. I also did not pay an activation fee.

Food for thought.....yes?
Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 3

I just thought I would tell some of you guys why EZ Pay may just be as good if not better than a contract. I personally think that it is better.....

Food for thought.....yes?

Good to hear that the that plans works well for you.

Currently out of my contract (expired 4 months ago).  Pay $57 a month including taxes for unlimited data, text and 1500 minutes on the Everything Data Plan. Usually get my phones when they are offered free, got the Galaxy Nexus during Black friday for free, then upgraded to the Moto X, paid full price and just swapped it on Sprint.com.

Was waiting for the new Moto X but seems I am  out of luck, Nexus 6 is huge to fit in my pocket but I was willing to give it a try until I saw the price,  so I'll probably stick to my Moto X. 

I'm really happy with Sprint but I'm really looking forward to get the New Moto X.

It seems to me the last time that I called that Sprint may just be trying to over haul their customer satisfaction. They may have just charged you taxes up front and put you on EZ pay. 

If anyone is curious to just get their hands on one, it looks like a lot of T-Mobile stores already have a limited number in stock. I was able to play around with one last night. In short... It is glorious.

Demo phones?

Demo phones?

The one in my area had 3 phones  in stock that were reservable (but not actually for sale until 11/19) and 1 for demo. Luckily I was able to play with the demo unit before it got attached to their big ass phone lock security device. 

I already have a white 32gb coming from motorola... otherwise I would have probably reserved one... even with the risk of it not being white listed.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone can report  back on the screen's outdoor/full sun performance.  Online review say the N6 screen brightness is only 270nits, compare to 468 for the note 4 or 574nits for the 6plus

• Like 1

Hey, just a heads up. I just received my Nexus 6 directly from Motorola and the IMEI is not in their system... I am going to see what I can get done. Any advice would be appreciated.

You were forewarned about that possibility in this thread.  If the IMEI is not white listed, then you will not get the handset operational on Sprint CDMA2000.  That is just the way it is.  You probably ought to arrange a return with Motorola.

AJ

You were forewarned about that possibility in this thread.  If the IMEI is not white listed, then you will not get the handset operational on Sprint CDMA2000.  That is just the way it is.  You probably ought to arrange a return with Motorola.

AJ

I didn't say I expected otherwise. I am just providing information for those that are interested.

• Like 2

I didn't say I expected otherwise. I am just providing information for those that are interested.

You asked for advice.  That is what I factually provided.  If you are looking for some Jedi mind trick to get Sprint to activate a non white listed device, you are not going to find it.

AJ

• Like 1

You asked for advice.  That is what I factually provided.  If you are looking for some Jedi mind trick to get Sprint to activate a non white listed device, you are not going to find it.

AJ

I am not going to argue with you. 

Any useful help would be appreciated.