Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

It's strange that this guy is reporting $699 retail for the 32 GB model.  Both Motorola and Google's website show $650 for the 32 GB model and $699 for 64 GB.  Either he's mistaken, Sprint's system isn't finalized yet, or Sprint is charging $50 more than it should.

If I remember correctly, they did the same thing with the Nexus 5.

• Like 2

It's strange that this guy is reporting $699 retail for the 32 GB model. Both Motorola and Google's website show $650 for the 32 GB model and $699 for 64 GB. Either he's mistaken, Sprint's system isn't finalized yet, or Sprint is charging $50 more than it should.

Both Sprint and T-Mobile marked up the Nexus 5 last year. I don't see why this year would be any different.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Be careful.  You have no guarantee that those sold directly from Motorola will be included in Sprint's white list database.  At this point, your safe bets are buying from Google Play or Sprint.

AJ

Be careful.  You have no guarantee that those sold directly from Motorola will be included in Sprint's white list database.  At this point, your safe bets are buying from Google Play or Sprint.

AJ

Now we have the guinea pig to try out the theory!

• Like 1

Be careful. You have no guarantee that those sold directly from Motorola will be included in Sprint's white list database. At this point, your safe bets are buying from Google Play or Sprint.

AJ

Hmm, valid point, it doesn't say which carriers it's for. I'd call Sprint and ask but I'm sure at this point they won't know anything anyway. I can understand them locking out T-Mobile versions, but it'd just be odd to block ones purchased directly from the manufacturer. Worst case I return it to Motorola and tell them why.

I would purchase from Sprint, but it seem like they're only going to stock the 32GB model.

More than likely if one pops up on Google Play I'll order it there and cancel the Motorola order.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Hmm, valid point, it doesn't say which carriers it's for. I'd call Sprint and ask but I'm sure at this point they won't know anything anyway. I can understand them locking out T-Mobile versions, but it'd just be odd to block ones purchased directly from the manufacturer. Worst case I return it to Motorola and tell them why.

I would purchase from Sprint, but it seem like they're only going to stock the 32GB model.

More than likely if one pops up on Google Play I'll order it there and cancel the Motorola order.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I would guess that the Moto sold version will be white listed by Sprint.  But there is no guarantee.  I would definitely not trust Sprint sales or customer service reps.  We won't likely know until someone tries to activate it on Sprint.  But we should all assume that one purchased from another provider will not work on Sprint, given the issue with the N5.

Sounds like Sprint will start selling it on the 14th. 32GB Midnight Blue only, $299 on contract (or $29/month), $699 retail. I was hoping they'd at least have the 64GB available online but the employee posting doesn't see any other SKUs in the system.

(Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/2le9df/any_word_on_the_nexus_6_release_date/)

Boo - I want the 64 GB Regular Lou Gramm model!  Don't want the half a Gramm!

• Like 1

the one thing I did notice about the Motorola site is that the tax is in bad when you go to check out compared to what it could be typically so I really hope that the Motorola version is actually available for Sprint network!

Boo - I want the 64 GB Regular Lou Gramm model!  Don't want the half a Gramm!

You like to blow a lot of money on the blow, eh?

;)

AJ

I would guess that the Moto sold version will be white listed by Sprint.  But there is no guarantee.  I would definitely not trust Sprint sales or customer service reps.  We won't likely know until someone tries to activate it on Sprint.  But we should all assume that one purchased from another provider will not work on Sprint, given the issue with the N5.

Got an email from Motorola saying the order was canceled, no reason was given. I called and waited on hold for 45 minutes before just giving up, but apparently they're canceling a lot of people's orders and either saying they aren't actually canceled or are re-creating them and bumping them to the end of the queue. 

It looks like Sprint will be carrying the 64GB model if their Twitter rep is correct: https://twitter.com/mpat95/status/530785479428280320. So I'll probably just pick one up from Sprint if I can't get one on Google Play on Wednesday. I wonder if it'll be in stores or online only?

Got an email from Motorola saying the order was canceled, no reason was given. I called and waited on hold for 45 minutes before just giving up, but apparently they're canceling a lot of people's orders and either saying they aren't actually canceled or are re-creating them and bumping them to the end of the queue.

It looks like Sprint will be carrying the 64GB model if their Twitter rep is correct: https://twitter.com/mpat95/status/530785479428280320. So I'll probably just pick one up from Sprint if I can't get one on Google Play on Wednesday. I wonder if it'll be in stores or online only?

I'm still not convinced that Sprint will carry the 64GB. The first couple lines are just generic responses that is probably scripted. I'll wait until the devices goes on sale.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I wish they'd just go ahead and make an official announcement.

I don't really remember an announcement last year w/ the Nexus 5.  Google just doesn't do announcements - it's weird, I know.  People need to stop comparing this to the iPhone launch, though.  There's people who are still waiting on their iPhone 6+ orders, and it's been out for a few weeks now.  

I don't really remember an announcement last year w/ the Nexus 5.  Google just doesn't do announcements - it's weird, I know.  People need to stop comparing this to the iPhone launch, though.  There's people who are still waiting on their iPhone 6+ orders, and it's been out for a few weeks now.  

Well, not Google, I wish Sprint would let us know the launch details. I found where they gave the info last year for the Nexus 5 and it was only 8 days before launch, so hopefully it'll be soon.

Well, not Google, I wish Sprint would let us know the launch details. I found where they gave the info last year for the Nexus 5 and it was only 8 days before launch, so hopefully it'll be soon.

This announcement also coincided with the announcement and release of the Nexus 5 from Google.  Hopefully we'll have the details once Google starts shipping.

According to the international chat this is the nano sim needed for the Nexus 6:

CZ2124LWC, is the same need for the iphone 6.

A link to the screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/ZBSuSSw.jpg

Csim so it is the first CCA RRPP device where cdma and LTE is provisioned via the sim and hot swapping is possible!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be an official announcement in NY but it was cancelled due to a storm so they announced it online a week or so after the original date along with opening initial sales right after. I was on a plane during their announcement/initial sales went live and had to wait for the 2nd batch of phones.

If I remember correctly, there was supposed to be an official announcement in NY but it was cancelled due to a storm so they announced it online a week or so after the original date along with opening initial sales right after. I was on a plane during their announcement/initial sales went live and had to wait for the 2nd batch of phones.

That was the Galaxy Nexus http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/9640311/Google-Nexus-launch-event-delayed-by-Hurricane-Sandy.html the Nexus 5 was launched on Halloween by design. The whole Kit Kat tie in.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

That was the Galaxy Nexus http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/9640311/Google-Nexus-launch-event-delayed-by-Hurricane-Sandy.html the Nexus 5 was launched on Halloween by design. The whole Kit Kat tie in.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

*Nexus 4. But yeah, the launch of the 5 was intentional. I think there was some sort of semi-large scale press release though.

• Like 1

Sorry if this question has been asked before: Will Sprint be supporting band 4 LTE 1700+2100, band 12 LTE 700 and band 17 LTE 700 (CCA and RRPP) out of the box or in the first few weeks?  I know Carrier Aggregation for Sprint with this Nexus 6 is a non-starter.