Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

26 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

I do not recall ever seeing Sprint count Airaves in new customer counts/new line additions.

do they break that stuff down at a granular level like that when sharing they added X number of lines for the quarter?  they may not pad the numbers with them though, my OP was more or less thinking out loud.

1 minute ago, swintec said:

do they break that stuff down at a granular level like that when sharing they added X number of lines for the quarter?  they may not pad the numbers with them though, my OP was more or less thinking out loud.

I accept that you were thinking out loud. And actually assumed as much. I also think it is a fair question. Especially considering how free tablet adds have been tabulated in the past. As far as the granularity, I do not recall. I just remember specifically discussions about tablets padding adds in the past, but never having any discussions about Airaves padding adds as we discuss new subscribers. 

On 9/15/2017 at 2:22 AM, RedSpark said:

2.2M Magic Boxes? That's a serious production run. Perhaps we'll see models which transmit more than single carrier of Band 41 as a clean signal?

Why?  What advantage would be gained by having a Magic Box locally transmit 2x CA, for example?

The relay back to the donor cell is not CA.  And the Magic Box needs to avoid interference with the macro network.  Adding another Magic Box carrier could cause spectrum management issues.

AJ

22 minutes ago, WiWavelength said:

Why?  What advantage would be gained by having a Magic Box locally transmit 2x CA, for example?

The relay back to the donor cell is not CA.  And the Magic Box needs to avoid interference with the macro network.  Adding another Magic Box carrier could cause spectrum management issues.

AJ

I'm curious how much headroom the technology has going forward and if it would be possible. Based on what you've said, doesn't sound like it is.

Just now, RedSpark said:

I'm curious how much headroom the technology has going forward.

Not much on the spectrum side.  For anything greater, users need to be supplying the backhaul, not relying on relay backhaul.

AJ

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WiWavelength said:

Not much on the spectrum side.  For anything greater, users need to be supplying the backhaul, not relying on relay backhaul.

AJ

AJ,

Do you know if the Magic box can pick the best B-41carrier of the 3 that might be available?

Or, can Sprint manage to keep all 3 carriers fairly evenly loaded?

Ask Tim.  In some markets, Sprint may be running Magic Box specific band 41 relay carriers on the macro network that are not accessible to other devices.

AJ

1 hour ago, WiWavelength said:

AJ

The Relay module operates up to 3xCA on B41 depending on what's available on a local donor site. The small cell unit itself must broadcast on frequencies that are not being used by the relay module and by extension the current macro network. 

Wrong quote, Tim.  Or you misconstrue my meaning.  The Magic Box receiving CA is not the same as the Magic Box transmitting CA.

AJ

2 hours ago, swintec said:

but do you have a bill from before you had an airave to compare taxes and fees?  Because, guess what...i do.  Actually, i returned my airave earlier this year after three years of not using it.  the bills after returning the device are about $2.50 LOWER.  The difference came from lower admin fees and other surcharges that are charged per line.

I do and I believe the price is the same...at least for me. 

2 minutes ago, jonathanm1978 said:

a bill from ²ⁿⁿ⅞

= 1.75n²

AJ

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarshieZballer said:

See... now maybe what I saw wasn't so weird after all.

I was most certainly roaming with an "R" listed, however SCP represented it as Sprint data. And 2 days later I have an updated usage account still with 0 data used for roaming. I still don't know, but I'm happy about it. Because it filled the gaps in nicely.

This was between Steven's Point, Waupaca and New London.

was this on USCC?  i did a few quick downloads again today while on USCC and i *think* it got added to my regular, non-roaming LTE totals for my usage.  still need more data points though.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, swintec said:

was this on USCC?  i did a few quick downloads again today while on USCC and i *think* it got added to my regular, non-roaming LTE totals for my usage.  still need more data points though.

Cool. Keep messing around with it and keep us posted. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, greenbastard said:

It should be a top priority. Upload is very important as more and more people upload pictures, videos, and host live streams on social media. Those UL speeds reflect this. Too many people uploading junk to the internet.

Personally, I don't get the need for people to have their lives displayed 24/7. But I'm sure I'm in the minority...now get off my lawn.

I have no interest in social media, personally. The only thing I have that could be consider it, is a LinkedIn account, but I got it way before Microsoft bought LinkedIn and made it more social media-like. I may not keep the account if it gets more that way than not. I figure LinkedIn eventually will become more like Facebook.

13 hours ago, WiWavelength said:

Does the average, non educated user conclude that about his/her home broadband Internet, which almost always is skewed heavily toward downlink? By the above rationale, I should conclude that something is wrong with my 30/5 Mbps home broadband.  But I do not.  And maybe average, non educated users do not either.

AJ

Dang AJ, the hits keep on coming.  :tu:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

T-Mobile has increased its Deprioritization threshold from 32GB to 50GB:

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/unlimited-prioritzation-increase.htm

Should Sprint respond by increasing its Deprioritization threshold up from 23GB?

I do not think this is something most users truly are affected by. This is more a show and tell for Tmobile. No real reason to respond. 

44 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/unlimited-prioritzation-increase.htm

Should Sprint respond by increasing its Deprioritization threshold up from 23GB?

I don't think it matters to 99.9 percent of end users.  I use a lot of data and it never impacts me in any meaningful way. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedSpark said:

IF anything -- it's a bullet point John and the press can hit VZW and ATT about.   What your network can't handle the extra overhead?  (of course they have almost 2x the subscriber base) 

but that's just my opinion 

18 minutes ago, Johnner1999 said:

IF anything -- it's a bullet point John and the press can hit VZW and ATT about.   What your network can't handle the extra overhead?  (of course they have almost 2x the subscriber base) 

but that's just my opinion 

Yeah I agree, it's mainly a marketing move focused on differentiating themselves from everyone else, since everyone sells unlimited data now. If anyone responds, it will probably evolve into a new form of tiered data plans - where all of them are unlimited and unthrottled but will have different de-pri thresholds. If anyone is to be credited for what may potentially happen here It would be Verizon who started it by offering an always-depri plan and one with a 22 gig threshold. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, swintec said:

I would assume it would be, being at where I was. But I have no way to confirm it because of SCP saying it was a "Sprint" LTE signal. But my Note 5 was roaming for sure. This is all an area where I'm lucky to get a decent 3G signal. So it definitely was from another provider.

5 minutes ago, MarshieZballer said:

I would assume it would be, being at where I was. But I have no way to confirm it because of SCP saying it was a "Sprint" LTE signal. But my Note 5 was roaming for sure. This is all an area where I'm lucky to get a decent 3G signal. So it definitely was from another provider.

i saw the same today with SCP but it is a display bug of cached data i believe.  during this behavior, if you completely exit the SCP app and then reopen it you will see it now shows USCC correctly.

• Like 1