Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Possibly adding multiple mini macros per sector. Still 2xCA per UE, but you get a capacity boost.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This would definitely help if that's what they plan to do. I was doing some Speedtest mapping with the Rootmetrics map this weekend around DC, Bethesda, MD, Silver Spring, MD and on the Beltway/Roads in between for the trips there and back... and there are definitely some spots that need them badly. The Beltway and GW Parkway are especially bad in some areas. I reported what I could in the My Sprint App. I wish it wasn't limited to 3 reports per line per day, but I saved the locations to report later.

So there’s no signs of them expanding native coverage yet? I’d love to give Sprint a try but they just don’t have the native footprint at the areas I work and live :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So there’s no signs of them expanding native coverage yet? I’d love to give Sprint a try but they just don’t have the native footprint at the areas I work and live :(

With the amount of mini macros that were ordered, that's enough to replace remaining Clear sites, fill in current coverage, and have some left over for a bit of native expansion.

• Like 3

I can confirm that relatively large scale native expansion is near, especially in the west (think Washington, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, etc).

• Like 7

I can confirm that relatively large scale native expansion is near, especially in the west (think Washington, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, etc).

Great news! What's the backhaul for these sites? Wireline/Microwave/Satellite?

Great news! What's the backhaul for these sites? Wireline/Microwave/Satellite?

I would guess all three will play some part. What better place/way to try out the satellite part, in areas u can tweak it and maximize it before moving into more dense areas.

Keep moving forward Sprint!!????????

• Like 2

With the amount of mini macros that were ordered, that's enough to replace remaining Clear sites, fill in current coverage, and have some left over for a bit of native expansion.

Keep in mind these are being used on existing, non-Clear macro sites, and you need at least one per sector. The Downtown Shreveport site, for example, uses 5 in total.

• Like 1

Keep in mind these are being used on existing, non-Clear macro sites, and you need at least one per sector. The Downtown Shreveport site, for example, uses 5 in total.

Even if every site required 5(which is probably not a huge %)that would still be 10k upgraded sites. Plus this isn't taking into account the 8t8r upgrades also happening.

Aren't you seeing some movement on In Progress and New Sites on the NV Sites Complete Maps? A lot of recent activity happening. We hadn't seen much movement since Fall 2015. Now it's getting busier and busier.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I was giving this a read about the Sprint and NFV.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/the-sprint-nfv-journey.htm

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell what Gunther's shirt says on it, or its design? I can't really see it that well, other than it definitely isn't plain.

Edit Note :

Not the Sprint shirt in the photo of him at the top of the page. I'm referring to the photo of him talking with the businessmen.

T-Mobile just bundled Netflix with its plans as its "Uncarrier" announcement: https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/tmobile-uncarrier-netflix.htm

Sprint does Amazon Prime with Carrier Billing on a monthly/annual basis if I recall correctly... is there any compelling reason for Sprint to compete further with additional bundling deals/arrangements on this front?

T-Mobile just bundled Netflix with its plans as its "Uncarrier" announcement: https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/tmobile-uncarrier-netflix.htm

Sprint does Amazon Prime with Carrier Billing on a monthly/annual basis if I recall correctly... is there any compelling reason for Sprint to compete further with additional bundling deals/arrangements on this front?

It isn't all shinny.  2 lines went up $20 in price.

Edited by red_dog007
  • Like 3

I don't think so but the whole extra content and cellular is the trend. Granted that Prime is billed to you, the one up is you can watch it in HD since HD video is standard on all Sprint plans. Unlike Tmobile who is keeping their video quality at 480 unless you pay $10 for HD. Yet the network is capable to handle unlimited.

I do feel like T-Mobile should've just added the HD option as standard on their T-Mobile One plan along with the Netflix announcement if they really wanted to hit Verizon where it hurts. You would think that Verizon would have gave everyone 480p with the amount of customers they have and Tmobile giving out 720p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Aren't you seeing some movement on In Progress and New Sites on the NV Sites Complete Maps? A lot of recent activity happening. We hadn't seen much movement since Fall 2015. Now it's getting busier and busier.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yea just no new sites in my area. Iowa and Nebraska. I’ll continue to watch here and locally.

Yea just no new sites in my area. Iowa and Nebraska. I’ll continue to watch here and locally.

Lots of mini macros being deployed in Omaha at the moment. There are many coming to Lincoln too...

• Like 3

Lots of mini macros being deployed in Omaha at the moment. There are many coming to Lincoln too...

Yea I know. I'm looking for new geographical coverage...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk